• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Succession plan in place......... I figure Stephen Moore has another good 20+ years in him?

pw-artwidemoore-20130101185137116683-620x349.jpg

After a mad dash to Calvary Hospital at 1am, Moore's wife, Courtney, gave birth to Theodore Thomas at 10.29am on Monday and at 4.6 kilograms he could be another frontrower in the making.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/moore-adds-fatherhood-to-commitment-list-20130101-2c4j9.html#ixzz2GlsDbVxB

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
If he wants to play French rugby then let him. Could be a sign of an unhappy Brumbies camp.....

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
If he wants to play French rugby then let him. Could be a sign of an unhappy Brumbies camp...

It seems more likely that he is resigned to not getting a Wallabies contract. Sad, but the solution is in his hands, he has to up his work-rate around the park considerably. Being a good scrummager is just a start, a lot more is required these days, even of THPs.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
His workrate is acceptable.........

He just needs to be fit come test time this year. He could potentially be one of our most important players come Lions time.........

Australia doesn't have many quality props so his loss would be massive.........

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
He could potentially be one of our most important players come Lions time...

I expect Cian Healy will be at #1 for the Lions and he took Ben Alexander apart in the RWC 2011 match between Ireland and the Wallabies. The Wallabies scrum going backwards in that match started the rot.

The Lions will no doubt seek to dominate at scrum time so something has to change with the Wallabies scrum - either achieve significant improvement or a change at #3.

With Palmer at #3 and Alexander at #1 for the Brumbies, Alexander will have little match time before the Lions to show any improvements he can make playing #3 so Palmer has a big opportunity this year to make his case for Wallabies selection starting at #3.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Alexander played rather well in the last tour, pity he's often singled out for shortcomings in the Wallabies pack.
For all the talk around, Alexander has 40+ Wallabies caps (maybe 50?), vs zero (?) for Palmer.
Palmer has to deliver in 2013, he has to stamp his authority in the scrum and make to jump from greatly talented player to S15 top prop.
Talent is a great thing but it has to be realised.
Personally, I think that moving to France at this stage of his career would be a mistake for his development.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
I think this possible move would have more to do with an ARU decision in not being a look in for the future.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
The value of Australian props who can scrummage should be on the increase. If this is indeed about his standing with the ARU (who would really now with the rumour mill these days) it only leads me to ask will we ever learn?

Status
Not open for further replies.