• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Would be a bit insulting if the new bloke got the VC. Given the positivness around the Brumbies 2012 season they would be mad to change anything.

T

tranquility

David will be a VC at the very least, and it will create absolutely no animosity amongst the group.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
My starting backline for round 1 would be:

9. White
10. Lilo
11. Tomane
12. Coleman
13. Smith (McCabe)
14. Speight
15. Mogg

When McCabe gets back to full fitness I reckon he would slot in better at 13 than 12 in order to keep Coleman in the team for his extra playmaking ability.

Interesting to see that on the brumbies site they list tomane as a centre, possible positional change in 2013?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Interesting quote from White:

“[Selections] are already made up in my head. I don’t need to hide anything because all the players know we want to (sic) best side on the field now for training. We don’t have time to be swapping jumpers or positions at training,” White said.

With that in mind, anyone spotted a potential lineup at training?

T

tranquility

Bit of a nothing tidbit really, but I ran into a couple of blokes in a pub in northern nsw over the new year. We got talking and they happened to be big into the rugby and had played premier rugby in Canberra I think. They said by far the most physical bloke they played against was Colby Faainga, and said that he just whacks people in contact despite being so young. Now I realise, these were just a couple of punters spinning a yarn - but it is still very exciting to think what kind of year Colby could have if he stays out of the sick bay.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mowen re-signs for another two years......... BAM!

DB-mowen-wide-20130109203443429165-620x349.jpg

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...e-keeps-mowen-at-brumbies-20130109-2ch3o.html

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Bit of a nothing tidbit really, but I ran into a couple of blokes in a pub in northern nsw over the new year. We got talking and they happened to be big into the rugby and had played premier rugby in Canberra I think. They said by far the most physical bloke they played against was Colby Faainga, and said that he just whacks people in contact despite being so young. Now I realise, these were just a couple of punters spinning a yarn - but it is still very exciting to think what kind of year Colby could have if he stays out of the sick bay.

There is a reason his older brothers were called Search and Destroy while playing club rugby.

Colby is in exactly the same mould, and the only one who's playing in the correct position.

Status
Not open for further replies.