• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I think you'll find the defensive system Dave Wessels worked on this year with the brums will be used again in 2013... it work well they didn't concede too many points… in addition of Brian Smith is about contact dominance with and without the ball… Jake is looking to add more depth in contact technique and this is an area which league has focused on now for some time…

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
POCOCK BREAKS DOWN

Champion Australian flanker David Pocock broke down yesterday. Driving from Perth to Canberra with his partner, Emma Palandri, Pocock's car threw a flat while passing through South Australia's famous Coonawarra wine region. Despite the careful preparation David puts into his rugby the car they were travelling in didn't have the correct size wheel spanner. A friendly local (from the wine industry, of course) leant David the right tool and got him on his way. David twigged the local wasn't aware of his national/international fame and seemed delighted he wasn't fawned over. The Coonawarra local reckons David and Emma are lovely people and they're now besties; he described David as "a big bugger"!

Just goes to show you can't get away with much these days: the vineyard David and Emma pulled up at belongs to one of South Australia's oldest grazing families, I'm the Sydney sales agent for the superb wine they produce.

P

Paradox

Yeah Pocock and McCabe in the space of a few months might be to much for slim :p

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
According to a few Qld supporters on the Red s thread, the Brums will be no match for the Reds in the first match of 2013:

"The Brumbies having possibly the only advantage of playing the Champs in Canberra. Unfortunately for the Ponies, their recent home ground record against the Reds is not great, having not beaten the Reds at Canberra for nearly 1000 days - an imposing hoodoo to overcome!"

There still a long time to go, and is difficult to make predictions at this stage because of the many variables (injuries, preseason form, etc).

However, any views about the match in Brumbyland - barring injuries to important personnel, for me Brums by 15.

nathan

Watty Friend (18)
It'll be interesting to see the 15 that gets on the field for that match.8. My guess..

1. Benny A
2. Stephen M
3. Dan P
4. Sam C
5. Scotty F
6. Benny M
7. David P
8. Fotu A
9. Nic W
10. Christian L
11. Joe T
12. Pat Mc
13. Andrew S
14. Henry S
15. Jesse M

16. Siliva S
17. Rory M
18. Peter K
19. Colby F
20. Ian P
21. Robbie C
22. Tevita K

There'd be a few possible changes - Ita V in for Colby or possibly Fotu, Leon P in for Peter K or Matty T for Robbie C. Pretty strong line up...

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
It'll be interesting to see the 15 that gets on the field for that match.8. My guess..

1. Benny A
2. Stephen M
3. Dan P
4. Sam C
5. Scotty F
6. Benny M
7. David P
8. Fotu A
9. Nic W
10. Christian L
11. Joe T
12. Pat Mc
13. Andrew S
14. Henry S
15. Jesse M

16. Siliva S
17. Rory M
18. Peter K
19. Colby F
20. Ian P
21. Robbie C
22. Tevita K

There'd be a few possible changes - Ita V in for Colby or possibly Fotu, Leon P in for Peter K or Matty T for Robbie C. Pretty strong line up.

I doubt you'll see Pat McCabe in there for round 1 after his neck injury.

nathan

Watty Friend (18)
Good point, kinda forgot about that. So who fills his place? Matty To'omua to 10 and Lilo to 12? Robbie Coleman to 12? Or do they play Rathbone/Tevita/Smith in the centres as a replacement for McCabe?

Status
Not open for further replies.