• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
18. Peter K

When does Kimlin's contract with the Brumbies end?

Would love to have him at the Force. You guys just might lose him if he doesn't get much game time this year. Pretty sure his girlfriend is from Perth. Plus he would need to settle on a position if he wants to break back into the Wallabies. Doubt that will really happen at the Brumbies at this stage.

Caputo

Ted Thorn (20)
Might wait for trial games performance. I do not think Jake wants a Ist XV I think he would want everyone competing for positions including including Tom Cox and maybe Mark Swanepoel if Nic White is not ready to go.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Swanny will be good for you guys. He works well behind an advancing forward pack. I wish we had kept him but we banked on Justin Turner and you have to go for the local. Just hope JT comes good at some point.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think it's unfair to label it boxing.........

It's like dressing up a dog and pretending it's human.........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hugh McMenimum, Sam Wykes, Toby Lynn, Phoenix Battye, Ben McCalman, Angus Cottrell, Richard Brown......... and you want Peter Kimlin?

The only "Western" team Kimlin will be playing for is based in Belconnen.........

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Ok the only genuine lock/6s there are Wykes and McMeniman. The rest are either backrowers or second rowers- except McCalman who should only be a backrower based on his height. I want Kimlin as a lock. No offense but you guys play him as a utility forward and given his dimensions and red hair it is a waste or talent. The Force need diversity in our pack. Too many of our forwards are mobile but not physical enough.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The point is the Force already have an abundance of mobile locks and 6s, which is exactly what Kimlin is.........

So the last thing the Force need is a player like Kimlin.........

He'll get plenty of starting time with the Brumbies anyways..,,.,,,,

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
It'll be interesting to see the 15 that gets on the field for that match.8. My guess..

1. Benny A
2. Stephen M
3. Dan P
4. Sam C
5. Scotty F
6. Benny M
7. David P
8. Fotu A
9. Nic W
10. Christian L
11. Joe T
12. Pat Mc
13. Andrew S
14. Henry S
15. Jesse M

16. Siliva S
17. Rory M
18. Peter K
19. Colby F
20. Ian P
21. Robbie C
22. Tevita K

There'd be a few possible changes - Ita V in for Colby or possibly Fotu, Leon P in for Peter K or Matty T for Robbie C. Pretty strong line up.

What I particularly like about the Brumbies is the depth and versatility across the park. The team above is just about what I'd expect to start except for McCabe and possibly White because of injuries, but there are so many other possibilities. McCabe and Coleman at 15; Cox, Rathbone, Van de Walt and Mogg at 11/14; Kuridrani and Rathbone at 13; Rathbone, Coleman, McCabe and Lealiifano at 12; To'omua, Holmes and Coleman at 10; Prior and Swanny at 9; Vaea, Mowen and Kimlin at 8; Faiinga at 7; Vaea, Fardy, Kimlin and Faiinga at 6; Kimlin, Power and Oostehausin at 4/5; Murphy, Sio, Smith at 1/3; and Siliva at 2. Did I miss anyone? There are many combinations that would work just as well as the suggested starting lineup. And they will be needed during a long season.

Status
Not open for further replies.