• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Wow. Just wow. I defy anyone to say anything deeper after reading this article.

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-unio...et-for-fairytale-comeback-20120820-24i2u.html

I didn't believe the rumours but wow.

You'd say he'd get more out of going up to Sydney and playing the rest of the season that doing a preseason wouldn't you? Has he been playing in Canberra?

His two extended periods of the game would mean outside of his troubled area (hamstrings I believe?) his body would have reasonably little wear and tear. Could play as the experienced utility back off the bench for at least 2-3 years.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
I saw him around the training base 3 weeks ago and mentioned it then.

He wouldn't be playing in Sydney since Brumbies players play locally where they can be tracked by the coaching staff.

T

TOCC

hmm il wait to see what comes of it..

Rathbone is a winger.. Speed is a wingers main asset, players lose speed over time and more importantly players lose speed faster if their training regime stops...
Yes he may have had time off, and he may be the fittest he has ever been, but the issue of whether he has anywhere near the speed he used too be is going to be the contentious point..

If he returns, i see him more as a centre then a winger.

D

daz

hmm il wait to see what comes of it..

Rathbone is a winger.. Speed is a wingers main asset, players lose speed over time and more importantly players lose speed faster if their training regime stops.
Yes he may have had time off, and he may be the fittest he has ever been, but the issue of whether he has anywhere near the speed he used to is going to be the contentious point..

If he returns, i see him more as a centre then a winger.

You took the words right out of my keyboard TOCC. He is one tough little bastard, so can he be converted to a smash and bash 13?

T

tranquility

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Clyde was always a 12 in SA rugby circles, or atleast a 12/13. He captained SAU21 as a 12. I always wanted him to play there for us, and always assumed that he was being groomed for a position in the center. God I hope he gets a contract.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
It would be amazing for the young Brumbies to have a 2004 Brumby champion play along side them.
Clyde would be living proof that they can do it.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Jake and his coaching staff watch the local comp so they are at least a chance.

Jesse Mogg is a great example, picked up from Wests only because Jake saw a Wests club game.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Sounds like he is in good shape with good speed. He has played for a number of years now so he doesn't have the body of a 31 year old pro player. His training/playing age could be more like 28...

Rathbone has tested his 40-metre times at the Australian Institute of Sport and that explosive pace is still there.
Plus he's carving it up in the gym.
''I'm putting out better numbers in the gym than I ever have before and my speed time I was really happy with, it's as good as it's ever been,'' he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.