• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Good signing. Still don't understand why the Brums so willingly let Jono Owen go. He's ranged from solid to dominant for the Rebels.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
RE: Jono Owen
'I just don't think Jono fits into our culture and rather than have him and never playing him, it makes sense for him to take this opportunity, it's a win-win situation,'' White said.
''The bottom line is we've got [prop] Scott Sio here and I think he is the future of the Brumbies.''

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Will Cusack pick up an EPS spot?

He is a local and I've been pretty impressed with what I've seen of him.

Anyone want to have a crack at the probable make up of the EPS in terms of positions. Doubt there will be a prop there as there are 5 in the squad. They might go for a hooker in the hope of unearthing some talent like they did with fardy/mogg this season.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Would make sense to sign a half back as there are only 2 in the squad I think.

Wonder if they will go with Waldo Wessels as NSW don't seem to be interested. Eddie Bredenhann might also be available depending on what happens with the lions?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
5 props in the pro squad is fine. It makes sense, especially if they bring in the two props on the bench rule, which I think is very likely. In that case, expect another 1 or 2 in the EPS at a minimum.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Would make sense to sign a half back as there are only 2 in the squad I think.

Wonder if they will go with Waldo Wessels as NSW don't seem to be interested. Eddie Bredenhann might also be available depending on what happens with the lions?

Coleman is their 3rd string halfback, Beau in the EPS is a very local good player already as well.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
This is where the Brumbies stand after this season:
Contracted year after names, departures in red

Ben Alexander ?
Fotu Auelua 2013
Sam Carter 2013
Robbie Coleman 2015
Tom Cox 2013
Cam Crawford - To Waratahs
Colby Fainga'a 2013
Scott Fardy 2013
Ben Hand - To France
Anthony Hegarty -To France
Zack Holmes 2013
Michael Hooper - To Waratahs
Peter Kimlin 2013
Tevita Kurudrani 2013
Christian Lealiifano 2014
Pat McCabe ?
Jesse Mogg 2013
Stephen Moore 2013
Ben Mowen 2013
Ruaidhri Murphy 2014
Jono Owen - Moved to Rebels
Dan Palmer ?
Leon Power 2013
Ian Prior 2013
Dylan Sigg - Released
Siliva Siliva 2013
Scott Sio 2014
Kimami Sitauti - To Rebels
Andrew Smith 2013
Henry Speight 2014
Joe Tomane 2013
Matt To'omua 2014
Ita Vaea 2014
Nic White ?
Jerry Yanuyanutawa - To London Irish

The signings for 2013 so far are:
David Pocock - Force
Clyde Rathbone - Unretiring
Ruan Smith ? - Force

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I'd like to see what more these new guys have to offer in 2013... various reasons we didn't see much or any of them due to, injury, 1st year super rugby, etc...
  • Fotu Auelua
  • Tom Cox
  • Colby Fainga'a
  • Tevita Kurudrani
  • Siliva Siliva
  • Kimami Sitauti

L

Linebacker_41

Kimani Sitauti has gone to the Rebels...

So Sitauti has now washed out of the Reds and Brumbies in consecutive years.

It sounds like the young kid either doesnt want to work for his position or he is getting some bad advice from people around him.

I have seen him do some special things but I heard he was pretty lazy around the Reds. Very frustrating cause if he turns it on he could be a regular starter.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Pocock will see the light and sign soon, we don't need any more backrowers. I think the plan going into next year will be to shift Tomane into the centres, so if we can replace Crawford+Cox with a quality starting winger to take on Tomane's vacant spot we'll be looking fine.. Obviously that's just wishful thinking

Looks like all the wishful thinking from months ago came off. Except it was Crawford and Sitauti departing instead of Cox.

Status
Not open for further replies.