• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Mowen will still be Captain.

We've had other captains when the Wallabies captain was also on the books.

Stirling Mortlock when George Gregan was there and Stephen Hoiles when Mortlock was.

Sometimes players are actually better when not burdened by the extra responsibility.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Because it's the Brumbies not Wallabies. :rolleyes:

So there is less pressure at the wobs than brumbies, got ya.

Not a an of wallaby captains not captaining at superugby level. It's a skill that requires learning as much as natural ability. Relationships with referees and understanding about how to handle them has been so important in recent years, would just prefer if those opportunities were granted more often.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Meh.......

Robinson was captain over Gregan.......

Mortlock (and Funegan) was captain over Gregan.......

I seem to recall them doing well?

It creates a succession plan.

Pocock is young and will probably take over the captaincy in a couple of years.......

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
If he is there, do you make Pocock captain, at 24 he has hada say in his old team for a few years and is stand in wobs captain, or do you ask him to be a cog? With him and Moore, both headstrong leaders, tough ask for mowen.
Any other players it may be a problem, but those guys are the type of people that will cope just fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7

mjw

Larry Dwyer (12)
Got to ask yourself the question whether Pocock will be captain when Horwill is back in the Wallabies again.

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
Yeah I'm guessing that changing the captain now may have undesired effects on the culture. Provided that the current players respect Mowen (and they seem to) and he does a good job as captain (and he seems to), changing that just because you've bought a better player starts to make the place feel a bit more like the Real Madrid they were accused of being a few years ago. Leave it as is I reckon.

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
And, on another note, remember at the start of the year how it was looking like the Brums wouldn't even have a sponsor? What a turnaround year for them.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
UC?

God damn i'm loving this change of fortunes for the Brumbies. Shame for the Force, and i'd have preferred Hooper stayed, but isn't it good to see the Brumbies top try scorer is a winger again? Being sponsored by a Canberra university, with everyone playing in Canberra's club comp....

Ahhh :)

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
A change in captain would disrupt the vibe the Brumbies have built. Mowen still has to be the man.

First off, what great news as a Brumbies fan to hear the best open-side in the world moving to Canberra, awesome news!

I agree Mowen should remain captain, at least for next year until Pocock can get properly settled. After a year (I'd prefer 2 years) they can re-think there captaincy. Mowen is doing a great job, there is no need for change/disruption even if it is the current wallabies captain.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
What a coup for the Brums, and Pocock will be the perfect influence for Colby as well.
And it looks like Rathbone might do a Farhnam as well.
Always rated Rathbone highly, I hope he makes it back to the player he was - another brilliant piece of work by White.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
What a coup for the Brums, and Pocock will be the perfect influence for Colby as well.
And it looks like Rathbone might do a Farhnam as well.
Always rated Rathbone highly, I hope he makes it back to the player he was - another brilliant piece of work by White.

Rathbone is making a return?

Status
Not open for further replies.