• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
That is such a stupid rule and serves no purpose what so ever. Australian teams are already hamstrung by the smaller squad size, why make it any harder than it needs to be?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
I think it protects the teams to some extent. In the past if an Academy player played more than 3 or so games, they got automatically upgraded to the minimum contract which then affects their bottom line. If the ARU fund the EPS contract then I have no problem with that.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
From a financial point of view maybe, but look at the reds last year with beau robinson. He wasnt in the squad yet played an integral part in the make up of the team. Same with Ita Vaea at the brumbies. Under this system both players would not have got the same opportunities.

The coach should be given free reign to pick the best team he can, and the contractual structure should be set up so it is financially optimal for him to do that.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It also restricts player development.

Imagine if Mogg gets to play half a dozen games and turns out to be the star winger in the comp, but then can't play the rest of the season because the Brumbies have a fully fit roster... It's a bit ridiculous...

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
It also restricts player development.

Imagine if Mogg gets to play half a dozen games and turns out to be the star winger in the comp, but then can't play the rest of the season because the Brumbies have a fully fit roster... It's a bit ridiculous...

Tah's might pick him up. They are missing a few fit wingers.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Brumbies don't play this weekend.

Is he definitely confirmed out for Week 3, and if so for how long?

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
While only three tries were scored in the Brumbies match, it was one of the highlights of a Super Rugby round that comprised 69 penalty goals and just 19 tries in seven matches.
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/dilemma-for-brumbies-as-groin-injury-sidelines-coleman-20120227-1tzbi.html#ixzz1ndaRrShk

Mr Wilson must have been watching a different game to me. I would not have called it a highlight.

Bad news for Coleman. He seems to be one of those players who is going to spend most of their time in the hospital pen.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I really hope White reshuffles the backline and doesn't throw McCabe back to fullback... would be such a waste...

I say put Andrew Smith onto the bench where he can cover centre/wing... and either shift Mogg to fullback or leave him at wing and bring on someone like Crawford, Tomane or Sitauti...

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Mogg played a fair bit of fullback for Norths in Brisbane Premiers a couple of years back. Whilst Super Rugby is a big step up, he does have positional familiarity and posesses a good boot and a fair turn of pace. Wouldn't be a bad choice there.

A backline I wouldn't mind seeing for the Ponies with Coleman out is 9. White 10 To'omua 11. Sitauti 12. Lealifano 13. McCabe 14. Speight 15. Mogg.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Well if you look at the bench from last week Crawford wasn't there, so you'd have to assume he is either not 100% fit (which I suspect) or Jake and Bernie are still working with him... I think you'll find Tomane will go to the wing, Mogg to fullback and McCabe to 13 with Smith on the bench to cover wing and center... or Smith will go to the wing and Tomane will stay on the bench...

I can't see the Coach Jake not continueing with Jesse Mogg after a good confident start and to build his confidence. Mogg is a natural, he'll do well.

Regardless I'm looking forward to seeing Cam Crawford get a run but not unless he is ready...

Status
Not open for further replies.