• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Brumbies to announce their team today at the preseason lunch in ACT... I expect Fotu Auelua and Pat McCabe won’t play this week giving them another fortnight as Brumbies have a bye Round 2.

Cam Crawford may also have a small injury and need a little more time…

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Mud,

The pre season launch was this morning and they didn't announce it there.

C Fainga'a definitely won't be there as he's still doing the moonwalk.

T

tranquility

I am sure others will have more information, but I believe he is a player of considerable talent and potential at the schoolboy level at least. Very interesting.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Ambrosini is in the national academy (QLD).

The QLD based national academy side recently played the NSW academy side and Lee Grant has posted this observation in the "National Academy 2012" thread

10. Ambrosini – excellent game 2nd half including goal kicking; has the right temperament.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Jake White's comments regarding a lack of depth in Australian rugby would seem to be on the money (at least concerning the Brumbies).

Samoa 'A' defeated the Brumby Runners 30 - 24.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It looked like the Brumby Runners were mostly ACT XV, with only Jerry, Owen, Sigg and Cox the only Brumbies squad members...

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
It looked like the Brumby Runners were mostly ACT XV, with only Jerry, Owen, Sigg and Cox the only Brumbies squad members...

I wasn't there, but the Samoan write-up on their website () says the Samoans were awarded two tight-heads. A front row containing 1. Jerry Yanuyanutawa and 3. Jonno Owen should do better. Again with the disclaimer that I wasn't actually there.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
The main issue I found with that side is they have chopped and changed it quite a lot - there was little in the way of alacrity in the set piece or backline.

Scrum was certainly under pressure - the Samoans looked very well drilled and fit.

Hawke (12) had a ridiculously bad game - I've never seen so many dropped passes or poor passes in a representative side level match. Should have been pulled far earlier.

Dylan Sigg had a strong match, incisive ball running and strong defence. Jerry Yanuyanutawa was also very strong when running, but poor at set piece. Another noteworthy player was Ben Johnson who played well out of position at 10 - very quick and got excellent distance out of the ball when kicking.

Fotu was sitting behind us, he understandably wasnt playing.
Ben Hand also didn't play, does anyone know why?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So, my concerns were right...

Mogg can only play next match if Coleman is ruled out or if there's another backline player ruled out...

Because he's contracted outside of the Brumbies' 30-player roster, Mogg is only eligible to play when there is an injury to an outside back.
And with Wallabies star Pat McCabe set to return from a shoulder injury for the round three clash with the Free State Cheetahs, Mogg could be on the sidelines through no fault of his own.
''I knew that when I signed with the Brums,'' Mogg said. ''It's just the conditions of the contract.
''I've just got to train hard and make the other boys train just as hard and make sure it benefits the team and not just myself.''

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...super-debut-20120225-1tvgr.html#ixzz1nOxaAPgs

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Ambrosini is in the national academy (QLD).

The QLD based national academy side recently played the NSW academy side and Lee Grant has posted this observation in the "National Academy 2012" thread
He's playing at fullback for Qld A against Fiji today. Hopefully will get out to the game.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
At least it is good to have clarity on that. What I am not sure about is: does the old rule that said that once a player outside the contracted group plays so many games (I think it used to be 3, but that is by the bye) then he has to be awarded a Super contract...... still apply?

It used to be part of the RUPA contract but the last time I looked - last year - it hadn't been updated. Does anybody have any definite information about whether or not it still applies and has a link - rather than just think that it probably does, or doesn't?

It was a good game by Mogg. I looked up my programme of the 2006 Oz Schools tournament to see what I wrote down against his name in the Qld IIs team sheet. All I had was "fast", but by To'omua I had "good hands and tactical kicker" and by Toua I had "A character: plays fullback Fijian style."

The last two were back at school the following year -as were Slipper, Schatz, Tapuai and Tomane.

But I digress.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
If Coleman is out injured for a while, Mogg could get a few more games. If Mogg gets 5 or 6 games, does his contract get upgraded automatically and he can then play whenever?

Status
Not open for further replies.