• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You have to do it over the stripes on the first one, but you definitely need it below them on the second one as the stripes and logos are pushed further up the jersey...

Otherwise you end up with this:

Super+14+Rd+12+Brumbies+v+Reds+E1-qI_rAKhal.jpg

Instead of this:

9b6b7faa90fd74deb255eb30819af33f_resized.jpg

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Does anyone besides me think Robbie coleman would make a good fist of 13? I know he has spent his whole life playing 10/12, but like I've been saying, those playmaking skills are almost becoming as valuable at 13 as they are at 12, if the 12 is a more direct angle runner/offloader and short passer. He has the speed, seems to tackle and read play well on defense.

He is no Horne, but he has some of the skills required and his size/tackle breaking ability is something that can be developed.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
ANU students are already getting precious about it...

But they should just live happy knowing that the ANU is internationally recognised as being one of the top educational institutions on the planet, and by far the best university in this country.

But at least now they're sponsoring the greatest rugby team in the world... :D
After that post I just cast my vote for you being the most one-eyed supporter :)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Does anyone besides me think Robbie coleman would make a good fist of 13? I know he has spent his whole life playing 10/12, but like I've been saying, those playmaking skills are almost becoming as valuable at 13 as they are at 12, if the 12 is a more direct angle runner/offloader and short passer. He has the speed, seems to tackle and read play well on defense.

He is no Horne, but he has some of the skills required and his size/tackle breaking ability is something that can be developed.

Colemans problem is that he is a dwarf

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)

He's a good 12, not sure about 13 though. If there was another position for him it'd be on the wing playing the same role JOC (James O'Connor) plays for the Wallabies- he's rapid, strong leg drive and is a good play maker.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He's a good 12, not sure about 13 though. If there was another position for him it'd be on the wing playing the same role JOC (James O'Connor) plays for the Wallabies- he's rapid, strong leg drive and is a good play maker.

I agree.

He's too good of a player to be left out completely from a game day squad.

Off the bench he could potentially cover inside centre, flyhalf and wing.

I wouldn't want to see him at 13 in a backline that also consisted of To'omua and Lilo... too lightweight...

Maybe if McCabe was at 12 it would fix that but I'd rather see McCabe at 13 and Lilo/Coleman battle it out for 12.

D

daz

I'm happy to be on the outer here, but I've always liked the crash and bash type of bloke at 13. Someone who can break a wall at speed.

Agree with the over-all assessment of Coleman, but as fatprop succinctly put it, the man weighs about the same as my left leg and is probably about the same height.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
His size really isn't an issue though... it didn't stop him bringing down Nonu or Umaga...

But I do agree that his size isn't suited to playing a position like outside centre.

Hopefully he gets more gametime at inside centre this year. Despite starting the season with an excellent first round performance he really didn't get that many opportunities for the most part of the year....

Reactions: daz

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Some photos from today's sponsorship announcement

Attachments

• 20120131_112122.jpg
    20120131_112122.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 262
  • Brum2012_1.jpg
    Brum2012_1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 262

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Alright, they haven't actually botched it like I thought they would.

The UC logo is spread out a bit so it doesn't look like they only half filled the jersey like when Kooga took over with the CA logo.

My only crticism would be the colour of the UC logo.

The benefit of having CA sponsor for all those years was the colour fit in perfectly.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
This is a very good partnership... Both the Brumbies and the UC will do well out of it... Both cultures can grow from this partnership.

It’s a good day for the city... the Chinese Tec company couldn’t give a dumpling about the Brumbies or Canberraor rugby... This is a much better result... long may it last and grow to greater heights…

A bit of crazy student energy at matches, brilliant!... now does that mean we'll get cheerleaders ? .... someone had to ask :)

6a00d8341c630a53ef0105361b5117970c-800wi.jpg

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Would be great if the Brumbies offered a special membership for UC students. Get the students involved. Kind of like the scarfies in Otago.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Maybe because the uni is spending a million bucks on sticking a logo on a jersey. They would probably prefer the money spent on their education or lowering their fees

ANU (Australian National Uni) and UC (University of Canberra) a two different organisations. Personally if I was a UC student I would be a bit shirty if there is stuff that needs doing around the campus, but I don't know the circumstances.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
On the flipside, alot of potential for students to interact with the Brumbies (an internationally recognized sporting team). Sports science, pharmacy, nutrition, physiotherapy, media etc - a lot of potential to develop a symbiotic relationship..

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
I really can't see the Brumbies getting paid anywhere near what they were getting previously. It's a smart move really. At the moment the value of the sponsorship isn't disclosed and if it does get leaked they can argue that they gave a discount as it was a public institution. Barcelona had Unicef as the chief shirt sponsor for years, but they actually ended up donating money for the privilege. This way none of the value of the Brumbies brand is diminished for the next contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.