• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrumbiesPolynesian

Fred Wood (13)
Friend as backs coach? WTF? The Brumbies attack has been fucked for 3 years, with Friend in charge of the attack. Why would you bring him back?

I'd be quite happy with larkham stayin on as attack coach. To'omua has a very similar game, and will thrive under Bernie's wing.

However, White would be a good choice, as he's got enough cred on the coaching circuit to be able to tell Giteau to get fucked, and play him in his proper position.

The forwards are alright, but the backline needs a re-jig. Speight and Fainifo have offered bugger all so far, so fuck them off. Lealiifano to fullback, McCabe on the wing, where his straight running will actually work, as opposed to running it directly back into opposition backrowers.

Valentine/Phibbs are shit, so fuck them, lets play White.

9. White
10. Toouma
11. Wara
12. Giteau
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Coleman
15. Lealiifano

I am actually, last year and the year before...the attack wasnt as bad as it is this year...Friends first year in fact, they attacked well, it seems to me since Larkham has been back, the attack has gone backwards...gone back to lateral rubbish.....!
I do agree with bringing Nic White...get rid of Valentine and Phibbs...and start White....
I would go:
WHITE, To'omua, GITEAU, ASHLEY-COOPER, SPEIGHT, McCABE, LEALIIFANO
I would persist with Speight, the backline he is on the end at the moment, just not fuctioning and giving him or Fainifo any space to work.
Maybe even looking at leaving Gits at Flyhalf and having Lealiifano at Inside Centre....Lealiifano has proved to straighten up the backline when coming on....
Thoughts?

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Bernie has only been around for 4 games. With Giteau playing like he is, nothing that Larkham is trying to teach to the backline would be of any use, as they have no space to try and of it in.
Coleman has been too good to leave out, and with Giteau gone after this season anyway, we should be giving him plenty of time to get used to this level. Plus, with his pace, wing would be an ideal place atm, because it enables us to bring To'omua in at 10, shift Giteau out 1, and ditch the underperforming wingers without having to sit some of our best backs on the bench.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
I'd prefer to see Wara get a go on the wing.

Coleman hasn't got jet shoes (as opposed to him having great acceleration, stepping etc), and should be focused on playing inside backs.

In any case, they should really be thinking forward to 2012, and if that means calling time on some players, then so be it..

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fainifo has been miles better than Speight...

Speight shouldn't be in the 22 at all...

The forwards set piece has been great sans Alexander at LH who needs to improve...

However, the forwards have been completely soft at the breakdown... and I agree in bringing White into the team...

Valentine doesn't have the urgency at the breakdown, and Phibbs is just a huge liability...

L

Lachlan

Valentine doesn't value the pill for shit. Will try and toe it back to his flyhalf every time instead of just falling on it and regaining possesion. Useless.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
This smells of misinformation: 2 months for a strain? Mayhap this is code for a syndesmosis problem says Dr. Grant. Nasty things.

I already saw it written somewhere a few days ago it was a syndesmosis injury. A lot of front line Wallabies forwards looking on from the sides at the moment...Moore, TPN, Robinson (just back), Horwill, Pocock, Elsom. Better now than in September I guess.

Cyril Towers (30)
I already saw it written somewhere a few days ago it was a syndesmosis injury. A lot of front line Wallabies forwards looking on from the sides at the moment...Moore, TPN, Robinson (just back), Horwill, Pocock, Elsom. Better now than in September I guess.

I am very suspicious of the syndesmosis diagnosis, especially if it is made on ultrasound. I sure hope he gets a MRI, that's hard to argue with.

T

TheTruth

anyone think they play too much rugby?

don't think so - some blokes are just not as "injury free" as others, unlucky whatever - part of rugby and all other contact sports is the players ability to manage injuries or better still not getting injured. TPN is a great example - great player when on field but boy he seems to be sitting around more than he plays - does that mean a team has to have a bench player just for him. Or is a team better off having 80 minute players

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I am very suspicious of the syndesmosis diagnosis, especially if it is made on ultrasound. I sure hope he gets a MRI, that's hard to argue with.

Some of the newer hi-res ultrasounds are pretty damn good - won't be as clear as MRI, but might be surprisingly good. Then again, I don't ultrasound bones and ligaments!

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
players these days seem to get injured a lot more then they used too.
English rugby did a study around 5 years ago given the high level of injuries - basically players in the last 20 years have bulked up around 10kgs but their knees, ankles etc are still the same. Unfortunately E=MC2. It used to be some players were harder/less injury prone than others but there is a higher element of bad luck now.

Status
Not open for further replies.