• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I would prefer to keep McCabe at fullback as he seems to get more involved there than he can on the wing...

Speight definitely deserves to be dropped, and Andrew Smith should come in on the wing...

Dumping Giteau would be a dream come true... alas...

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I thought that with the demise of Brumby Jack and Andy Friend Giteau had assumed the three roles. He certainly seems to have the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I haven't been a fan of Jones as coach, but it is very interesting to read this in the SMH,
"Jones also believes the Canberra

side is in desperate need of strong leadership, and that their senior players are failing to deliver. ''Look at the Brumbies, are they a group who are well led by their senior players? You would have to say no,'' Jones said.

''Those guys aren't good leaders. The only reason they are leaders is because they are more senior and have played for Australia - not because they are leaders.''

Very interesting when you consider that the Wallabies Captain has to be included in that assessment. Maybe the first thing I have agreed with E. Jones about for a long time.

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)
What am I missing. I have just read an article quoting the Brumbies attack coach Larkham as saying the team is just about to cut loose and score four tries and turn the season around. On what is this based as the team has just lost four games to record their worst ever start. The only real change to the lineup other than injury against the Tahs was to bring in Lealiifano and drop Coleman to bench. Now after losing a fourth where the only try was scored by last seasons leading try scorer Ben Alexander we appear to be going to continue with the same lineup because they are about to cut loose. The coaching group appear to continue to perserve with the same combinations regardless. Against the Reds scoring four tries three came from the forwards. The 9/10 does not appear to have worked all year yet we continue to go with the same combination. Can someone explain the logic of continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result and while you at it explain why the ball wasn't cleared from our scrum feed with 1 min left.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
What am I missing. I have just read an article quoting the Brumbies attack coach Larkham as saying the team is just about to cut loose and score four tries and turn the season around. On what is this based as the team has just lost four games to record their worst ever start. The only real change to the lineup other than injury against the Tahs was to bring in Lealiifano and drop Coleman to bench. Now after losing a fourth where the only try was scored by last seasons leading try scorer Ben Alexander we appear to be going to continue with the same lineup because they are about to cut loose. The coaching group appear to continue to perserve with the same combinations regardless. Against the Reds scoring four tries three came from the forwards. The 9/10 does not appear to have worked all year yet we continue to go with the same combination. Can someone explain the logic of continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result and while you at it explain why the ball wasn't cleared from our scrum feed with 1 min left.

They lost to Rebels by 1 point, from a silly penalty after the siren
They lost to Reds by 6 points, after scoring 4 tries to 1
They lost to Waratahs by 7 points, after an error turned over the ball at the back of the scrum with 9 seconds on the clock

Bad results, but not too far off. Especially considering they are playng without both our captain and vice captain, and no coach. We're also missing literally half of their our choice forwards.

Get Nic White to halfback and get some of Moore, Elsom, Hoiles and Chapman back and we'll be ok.... maybe

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
They lost to Rebels by 1 point, from a silly penalty after the siren
They lost to Reds by 6 points, after scoring 4 tries to 1
They lost to Waratahs by 7 points, after an error turned over the ball at the back of the scrum with 9 seconds on the clock

Bad results, but not too far off. Especially considering they are playng without both our captain and vice captain, and no coach. We're also missing literally half of their our choice forwards.

Get Nic White to halfback and get some of Moore, Elsom, Hoiles and Chapman back and we'll be ok.... maybe

Forgive my apparent ignorance, who are you referring to? Elsom and ...?

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sheesh, forgotten about him, however, I don't think the Brumbies have missed him really, as Baby Fingers and Vaea are playing not too badly really...

Also, are you saying Hoiles and Elsom were captain and VC at the same time in the past? I'd have thought Giteau (or AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)?) was at least the VC, seeing as he's in the backline...

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Also, are you saying Hoiles and Elsom were captain and VC at the same time in the past? I'd have thought Giteau (or AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)?) was at least the VC, seeing as he's in the backline...

Yes I believe so. Hoiles is captain, with Elsom, Giteau, Moore and To'omua making up the remainder of the "leadership group". With Hoiles, Elsom and Moore out injured at the moment, Giteau is captaining (though would captain over Moore).

T

tranquility

Reported on foxsports.

The Brumbies are expected to promote third-string halfback Nic White to the 22-man squad for the must-win match against the Hurricanes in Canberra on Saturday.

With top halves Josh Valentine and Patrick Phibbs failing to produce their best form, White is regarded by many observers in Canberra as overdue for a place in the squad. There has even been talk of White as a possible starter.

good news!!!

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
reported on foxsports.

The brumbies are expected to promote third-string halfback nic white to the 22-man squad for the must-win match against the hurricanes in canberra on saturday.

with top halves josh valentine and patrick phibbs failing to produce their best form, white is regarded by many observers in canberra as overdue for a place in the squad. There has even been talk of white as a possible starter.

Good news!!!

finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.