• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
What about that bounce pass for the final Toulon try knocked on by Brock James into Barthelemy's hands? Deliberate you think?

Have you seen Auelua play 8? IIRR he hasn't played there a lot this year - that you can could have seen on Eurosports (Top14) or Setanta (Heineken Cup) but he could have been playing there in other games that you can't see in Oz. Last year he seemed to play there more. He'd nearly always made the gain line but his work rate wasn't great.

T

territorian

Well well well, what now brown cow.
Tony Rea - nowhere to hide but questions must now be asked of the Brumbies board.
After the Jnr Tahs take the Runners apart tomorrow I think the fall will be nearly complete - there is no coaching at Griffith, just players doing whatever they want during games, performing dismally and just not being good enough wthout any sanction.
brumbie players and Runners player all fee safe in that they won't be dropped and it is showing everywhere.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
My early season prediction of Brumbies finishing last in the Oz Conference is a step closer.

I am not taking pleasure in it but from my POV as an interested observed only the results have been predictable.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I know we lost to the Rebels...

But will the Brumbies actually finish below the Rebels or the Force?

Due to all the dramas going on the Brumbies are getting a lot of negative press but let's not forget that the Force and Rebels don't look any better...

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I know we lost to the Rebels...

But will the Brumbies actually finish below the Rebels or the Force?

Due to all the dramas going on the Brumbies are getting a lot of negative press but let's not forget that the Force and Rebels don't look any better...

Ah actually they do. They actually seem to be able to play to a game plan. They still lose yes, but they can at least put together a decent showing. The Brumbies have deteriorated from Wk 1 from just dropsies to now being unable to hold the ball in contact, missing huge amounts of tackles, lacking intensity and having no structure in attack or defence. They LOOK the worst of the Oz provinces in mode of play. Given their playing roster compared to the Force and Rebels that is a terrible indictment.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Have you seen the Rebels play though?

They're going to struggle to score tries. They have absolutely no attack, and rely on Gerrard's boot.

The Force have a soft underbelly. An injury or two and they're bottom dwellers.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Amazing how everytime something goes wrong for Gits, he gives someone else - sh*t everyone else - a massive spray....or am I just imagining that??

T

territorian

A good TEAM will beat a team of CHAMPIONS any day and right now the Brumbies are a team of great players all playing individually without any discernable control or plan.
The whole organisation is stuffed from the Management all the way down.
Bullrush you are right and it happens on the training paddock as well, he thinks he is God and everyone else is there to provide him with support.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)

They're going to struggle to score tries. They have absolutely no attack, and rely on Gerrard's boot.

Just watching them score two very good tries against a very good Sharks outfit, to prove my assertion about modes of play.

On a side note Morty is starting to look a bit more like the player we have all held in awe for so long. It would be so good for the Wallabies if he gets back to even 90%.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

After tonight I will rate the Brumbies well below the Rebels. They had a real red hot go against the competition leaders. We'll see how the Force go before we finalise the positions.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
A good TEAM will beat a team of CHAMPIONS any day and right now the Brumbies are a team of great players all playing individually without any discernable control or plan.
The whole organisation is stuffed from the Management all the way down.
Bullrush you are right and it happens on the training paddock as well, he thinks he is God and everyone else is there to provide him with support.

I disagree and have said it before - they are not a team of great players. Apart from AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Moore, there is very little else. McCabe is emerging and Elsom is injured. Giteau is just not the same player. Is anyone else other than the scrum penalty machine Alexander pushing Wallaby selection?

It could get worse too if they lose AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Elsom and Giteau.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
This is only one of the brumbies problems, but it is pissing me off.

We saw Giteau struggling at 10. Deans saw Giteau struggling at 10. The whole world saw Giteau struggling at 10. He looks good at 12. He makes inroads from 12. On the rare opinion he ends up at 12 for the Brumbies the backline looks more dangerous. How long is this going to take?

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
This is only one of the brumbies problems, but it is pissing me off.

We saw Giteau struggling at 10. Deans saw Giteau struggling at 10. The whole world saw Giteau struggling at 10. He looks good at 12. He makes inroads from 12. On the rare opinion he ends up at 12 for the Brumbies the backline looks more dangerous. How long is this going to take?

It's a pretty fair bet that nothing will change while Larkham is the attack coach...

Status
Not open for further replies.