• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can't say I disagree, I doubt he meant to stick his finger in Cipriani's eye and he just intended to push him in the face, but it was a stupid and ill-disciplined thing to do. Thing is Chapman is not a dirty or usually ill disciplined player so I was surprised when he did it.

Yep, it was reckless.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
An interesting point was raised in a discussion I had - with all this coaching/player power crap at the Brumbies and I wonder if AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is looking to find somewhere more stable to develop his game and talents. At Super Level he hasn't gone as well as in the Tests last year and this year IMO.

I'm sure all the other Provinces are waiting for your call Adam. I wonder if Moore & Alexander regret signing and definitely Palmer if the press was true earlier in the year about Alexander being promised THP next year.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Unless AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was waiting to see if Friend would go...

If he is part of the player power movement then nobody else wants him. We have seen with Giteau that is a destructive trait in a team environment.

Make no mistake I am not a Friend fan. I personally think the Brumbies have been poor to average since Nucifora lost his hands on role and was relegated to sitting in the coaching box. I just do not like this player led revolt every few years. I also do not like this rubbish of ex-player with limited coaching credentials getting the spot at one of the limited Oz Rugby professional coaching gigs.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Which ex-player with no coaching experience do you mean? Harrison? Finnegan? Larkham? Or one of the other ones?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Tomorrow night's curtain raiser is:
Brumby Runners
1. Lawrence Hunting 2. Anthony Hegarty 3. Jono Owen 4. Sam Carter 5. Liam Winton 6. Tom Boidin 7. Timi Tapara 8. James Turner 9. Nic White 10. Rodney Iona 11. Pama Fou 12. Tyron Smith 13. Andrew Smith 14. Clint Sills 15. Samu Wara. Reserves: 16. Jerry Yanuyanutawa 17. Elvis Levi 18. Caydern Neville 19. Tom Alexander 20. Nic Stirzaker 21. Jackson Selby

Reds A
1. Kevin Davis 2. Albert Anae 3. Guy Sheperdson 4. David McDuling 5. Tim Buchanan 6. Lei Tomiki 7. Liam Gill 8. Ben Coridas 9. Nick Frisby 10. Matt Brandon 11. Dom Shipperley 12. Simon Morahan 13. Ben Tapuai 14. Kimami Sitauti 15. Mitchell Felsman. Reserves: 16. Andrew Coady 17. Shon Siemonek 18. Sam Denny 19. Jarrad Butler 20. Blake Enever 21. Matt Lucas

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Tomorrow night's curtain raiser is:
Brumby Runners
1. Lawrence Hunting 2. Anthony Hegarty 3. Jono Owen 4. Sam Carter 5. Liam Winton 6. Tom Boidin 7. Timi Tapara 8. James Turner 9. Nic White 10. Rodney Iona 11. Pama Fou 12. Tyron Smith 13. Andrew Smith 14. Clint Sills 15. Samu Wara. Reserves: 16. Jerry Yanuyanutawa 17. Elvis Levi 18. Caydern Neville 19. Tom Alexander 20. Nic Stirzaker 21. Jackson Selby

Jerry's first hit-out? What price a Jerry-Moore-Palmer front row before the season ends? It would be the only front row in Oz that could give the Tahs a working over.

Italian Stallion

Stan Wickham (3)
Can someone explain how Liam Winton keeps getting starts in these games?
Did anyone watch the Runners vs Fiji...it was really 14 players vs 15 cause this bloke did nothing.
I just dont understand how he gets starts, maybe someone more in the know could answer this?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So the Brumbies are going to be left with quite a conundrum when Elsom and Hoiles are fit...

In the back five of the forwards you have Chisholm, Hand, Chapman, Kimlin, Elsom, Salvi, Fainga'a, Hooper, Hoiles and Vaea...

Kimlin is still returning from injury but a 100% fit Kimlin is hard to leave out... however, Chisholm and Hand provide a solid locking combo...

Chapman is the mastermind behind the Brumbies' dominant lineout but he's really a better blindside than a lock... but of course Elsom is the top blindside in the country...

Hoiles is supposedly the captain but on form you just can't drop Vaea...

Which of these three guys misses out?

Since the coaching staff isn't likely to give White a go anytime soon and considering Phibbs is completely shite the Brumbies might be better off with a 5/2 split... but Valentine has gone off injured in the first two games...

Christ...

On form/reputation I'd have to go with:

4. Chapman
5. Chisholm
6. Elsom
7. Fainga'a
8. Vaea

18. Kimlin
19. Salvi/Hoiles

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Interesting article from Wayne Smith in the Australian:

UNDER-FIRE Brumbies playmaker Matt Giteau said yesterday he was not opposed to switching to inside centre if that was required, but coach Tony Rea is adamant he wants his backline general to remain at five-eighth.

Of course, he would have to say that when asked.

"I'm not opposed to it," Giteau told The Australian yesterday. "Whatever the coaches feel is best for the group."

But Rea was adamant yesterday that there was no need "at this point" for the 91-Test veteran to surrender the 10 jersey.

"We came up with some big improvements in attack from the Melbourne game and we can be a lot better yet," Rea said.

"Once you have that improvement it's better to stick with it rather than go to Plan 33. We'd like to get Christian and Matt involved a bit more but it may not happen straight away. It'll happen though. It's a long season."

Smith does point out that they did score 4 tries against the reds.

Rea said he was toying with a switch of positions for in-form fullback Pat McCabe and strangely subdued outside centre Adam Ashley-Cooper.

I wonder if AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) would be less subdued (and McCabe more so) with someone else at 10? I did like this line:

Each defeat has ratcheted up the pressure on Giteau, especially since it seems at times the Brumbies are more intent on attacking the sidelines than the tryline.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
That line is gold! And apt for Gits. I reckon that Austin's next video should be a collage of Gits crabbing vs the Reds, culminating in the epic crab where he crabs beyond his winger, and is forced to crab back the other way.

Novocastrian

Herbert Moran (7)
So the Brumbies are going to be left with quite a conundrum when Elsom and Hoiles are fit...

In the back five of the forwards you have Chisholm, Hand, Chapman, Kimlin, Elsom, Salvi, Fainga'a, Hooper, Hoiles and Vaea...

Kimlin is still returning from injury but a 100% fit Kimlin is hard to leave out... however, Chisholm and Hand provide a solid locking combo...

Chapman is the mastermind behind the Brumbies' dominant lineout but he's really a better blindside than a lock... but of course Elsom is the top blindside in the country...

Hoiles is supposedly the captain but on form you just can't drop Vaea...

Which of these three guys misses out?

Since the coaching staff isn't likely to give White a go anytime soon and considering Phibbs is completely shite the Brumbies might be better off with a 5/2 split... but Valentine has gone off injured in the first two games...

Christ...

On form/reputation I'd have to go with:

4. Chapman
5. Chisholm
6. Elsom
7. Fainga'a
8. Vaea

18. Kimlin
19. Salvi/Hoiles

It's not too much of a conundrum, the Ponies forwards are for the most part loose powderpuffs who seem to believe they've got double digit numbers on the back of their shirts. Alexander, Elsom, Chisolm, Chapman and the mack daddy of the lot Hoiles. So Vaea is done once Hoiles returns - can't have a big bloke who likes to run over the top of other forwards at 8 when your captain is waiting on the sideline ready to fight with your 6 and tighthead for the outside centre position. Kimlin's stuffed too - Chisholm, Chapman and Hand are much better options for anonymity in the tight stuff - so he'll be riding the pine.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Problems in the Brumbies camp or just camp Brumbies?

Those blokes should be more careful about what ends up on Twitter... http://yfrog.com/gzpdsaaj

Just wtf is going on down there?

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 183
Status
Not open for further replies.