• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Ponies starting to look like third or fourth place getters in the Oz Conference. Given their performances I just can't see them beating a good defence, especially while Giteau remains at 10.

Their whole attack is very limited with such a massive weight of possession and territory against the Rebels they managed to score two tries, one of which was from an obviously forward pass. Their attack is very one out and reliant on certain individuals to get them over the gain line or make breaks. Those individuals were very effectively targetted by the Rebels defence and the result was a very poor gain line success rate and a shocking rate of conversion of chances. Against a strong defence like the Bulls or Crusaders they would be lucky to get anywhere near the line.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I guess a simple definition is an automated script or program that will interact without explicit control, or do something when given some external stimulus. Basically some computer is running a program to do something like a computer user would.

Like signing up to a forum and acting like a real poster to subtly slip in spam or advertising.

T

territorian

Quoting Brumby Jack
Yes he has and reportedly off to Japan

How did he get a Job with a Japanese Club...I doubt this very much......I think its a sham....he jumped before he was pushed....
if he has a gig there it would be with a 3rd Division side....

All very true. He was not going to have his contract renewed so he jumred but word is he will be there for the remainder of the Runners season.
The academy players are ready to mutiny as he keeps picking his favorites (murmurings he did an agreement with some clubs to push their players first) despite them totally lacking defensive skills, totally screwing up game plans and going alone (meaning ball hogs). The Runners backline is a complete shambles.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Chapman suspended for 1 week.

Can't say I disagree, I doubt he meant to stick his finger in Cipriani's eye and he just intended to push him in the face, but it was a stupid and ill-disciplined thing to do. Thing is Chapman is not a dirty or usually ill disciplined player so I was surprised when he did it.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Runners team to play Fiji Warriors tonight:
1. Jono Owen
2. Huia Edmonds
3. Salesi Ma’afu
4. Liam Winton
5. Sam Carter
6. Tom Boidin
7. Michael Hooper
8. Peter Kimlin
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Vili Iongi
12. Tyrone Smith
13. Andrew Smith
14. Clint Sills
15. Samu Wara
Replacements
16. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
17. Anthony Hegarty
18. Caydern Neville
19. James Turner
20. Nic Stirzaker
21. Rodney Iona
22. Pama Fou

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The Brumbies continue to look like they don't have a game plan most of the time.

They just look so one out, against the Chiefs they had a great team try with good hands to score in the corner, the rest of the two games it seems to be "chuck it to someone and let them have a run."

Also McCabe is in for a long season of getting smashed unless he learns to run at gaps and/or to swerve/sidestep/pass. The Rebels just lined up his straight hard runs and smashed him.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Has Ma'afu been dropped to this squad as a result of the soft penalty against him on Friday?

Also interesting to see To'omua and Kimlin having a run in the 2nd side. Coach must think they need more game time?

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Has Ma'afu been dropped to this squad as a result of the soft penalty against him on Friday?

Also interesting to see To'omua and Kimlin having a run in the 2nd side. Coach must think they need more game time?

The bench usually plays with the runners, Edmonds, Ma'afu, Kimlin, White (hopefully), To'omua and A.Smith

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
A. Smith is an interesting one BG. I thought he looked good what little I have seen of him. Can't he play wing as well, as I thought he might offer a bit more than Speight?

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
A. Smith is an interesting one BG. I thought he looked good what little I have seen of him. Can't he play wing as well, as I thought he might offer a bit more than Speight?

Yeah I was hoping to see him come off the bench for Speight last weekend but didn't get any time. Hopefully he gets a run this weekend.

L

Lachlan

The Pope could offer more on the wing than Speight. A Smith does indeed deserve a run.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Just got home. Kimlin, nic white and Andrew smith were good. To'omua was pretty poor. Passes too high and kicking terrible. Could explain why friend isn't keen on starting him

Status
Not open for further replies.