• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
For those interested, this picture shows Lealiifano (2nd from left with red tape on injured quad) and Kimlin (far right with strapping on knee) to prove they aren't completely broken.
1115126.jpg

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Didn't one of the papers describe him as a monster backrower. Obviously they didn't mean it literally - he looks about the same size as Hoiles.

His height/weight stats aren't actually that impressive... but he plays with the explosiveness of someone taller and 10kgs heavier...

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
His height/weight stats aren't actually that impressive... but he plays with the explosiveness of someone taller and 10kgs heavier...

He also has had the preseason of a Semi-professional player.

If he gets his contract upgraded and spends this off-season smashing the conditioning full time his stats would look a whole lot more impressive.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So this Adam Coleman guy in the Academy? A 202cm, 115 kg lock. Anyone know much about him? I see he played Tasmanian Schoolboys. Awesome.

AFL background? One of those lanky athletic chaps we've been admiring in that code?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Runners team vs Samoa A:
1. Jono Owen 2. Anthony Hegarty 3. JP Predaud 4. Liam Winton 5. Sam Carter 6. Henry Vanderglas 7. Michale Hooper 8. Peter Limlin 9. Nic White 10. Brock McGarity 11. Clint Sills 12. Tyrone Smith 13. Jackson Selby 14. Jesse Mogg 15. Samu Wara. Reserves: 16. Lawrence Hunting 17. Elvis Levi 18. Caydern Neville 19. Tom Boidin 20. Nic Stirzaker 21. Rodney Iona 22. Vili Iongi

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Jono Owen Coached my best mate at aloys and was my brothers Goalie in Waterpolo, big mofo, quite skilled. I know I've talked him up before, but that hit thats wondering around on the net of him in the NPC is intense. and I think Australia arent bringing the props in early enough to keep them in the game.

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)
thanks for the team BJ. Impressed with Tom Boidin at Crescent Head 7s last weekend got an A for effort. Nic White was player of tournament which Brumby Academy team won beating Sunnybank 33-0 in final. I assume this is a curtain raiser to the main game on Saturday, didn't quiet pick it up from the Brumbies website. To'omua must have passed fitness test if Tyrone in side. Looking forward to a positive start against Chiefs and hope Larkham has helped attack as bonus points will be critical in maitaining position on ladder.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
And here's the Samoa A side:

1. Taligatuli Moala 2. Viliamu Afatia 3. Logoviii Mulipola 4. Levi Asifaamatala 5. Maselino Paulino 6. Ofisa Trevarinus 7. Afa Aiono 8. Alafoti Faosiliva 9. Faatalatasemataeemo 10. Roger Michael Garth 11. Fautua Otto 12. Iafeta Laau 13. Taputoa Rea 14. Herman Atinae 15. Jr Titi Esau. Reserves: 16. Gody Schuster 17. Heroshi Tea 18. Faaleminga Selesele 19. Richard Muagututia 20. Morgan Salesa 21. David Masoe 22. Pesamino Alauni 23. Reupena Levasa

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
So this Adam Coleman guy in the Academy? A 202cm, 115 kg lock. Anyone know much about him? I see he played Tasmanian Schoolboys. Awesome.

AFL background? One of those lanky athletic chaps we've been admiring in that code?

My friend played Tas Schoolboys and was invited, along with others, up to Canberra to play Colts for a club but didn't have the dollars to fund it.

I think Canberra invites a lot of the 2nd Tier U18 Rep players to come have a crack. The fact this Adam Coleman fellow has made it through to the academy though is probably a first.

C

Canon76

He played for Uni-Norths Owls last year and was pretty impressive for such a young guy.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Great promotional piece on Dan Palmer at the Brumbies by John-Paul Moloney in the SMH....

hyweC.jpg

Postie bike rider and Brumby Dan Palmer has spotted a gap in the traffic.

IT'S hard to pull off the tough-guy look on a postie bike. Dan Palmer's 115 kilogram frame sits somewhat comically astride his little red Honda, which has a recommended weight limit of 90 kilograms.

This doesn't worry Palmer, who doesn't care 'what people think' as he zips between his flat in Kingston, Canberra, and training. What he most loves about the bike, which tops out at about 70km/h with him aboard, is its $5-a-week fuel consumption.

Well, what you see with 22-year-old Palmer is a hard nut. And in both his jobs, looking that way is, while not essential, certainly useful. The business of rugby a little later. First is the matter of Palmer's unconventional second job: debt collector and repo man. During his three years with the Waratahs, Palmer supplemented his income by helping finance companies recover money and possessions. Most of the work involved cars. In Canberra, Palmer still picks up a few jobs, although during the Super Rugby season he'll knock most back.

'You get emailed a job, you just turn up at their house, and if the car's there, you take it,' he says matter-of-factly. 'If not, you sort of demand the money.'

What about the, ahem, 'complications' that might arise? Palmer laughs then, giving little away, says: 'They're generally not too happy about getting their car taken.'

Read the rest of the story here.

Status
Not open for further replies.