• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Does anyone know how Kimlin is travelling?

There's going to be some serious selection headaches when both him and Elsom are fit...

Especially if Vaea impresses...

Unfortunately he could be man of the match and still miss out the following week...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I would've preferred White on the bench over Phibbs...

Hopefully he'll work his way into the team...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nonu is probably the most physically imposing inside centre in world rugby and the ultimate test for Coleman, and apparently he stood up to it...

In the article I posted earlier he's quoted as saying that he's pretty comfortable when it comes to defence...

Playing against Nonu will hopefully have given him an confidence boost...

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
At 108 kgs Vaea is hardly a behemoth, as they say in the headline, but he does play a heavy game for his weight. On the other hand he does not have Hoiles' linking skills. Let's see how he goes if he gets to start.

Yes, the difference between, for example, a Sam Tuitopou kilo and a Joe Roff kilo

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
BJ has provided the Academy list for the Brumbies:

Going by former 'rules' Ita Vaea will be upgraded if he plays (I think) 3 games.

Tier 1
Lindsay Crook
Shaun Foley
Anthony Hegarty
Jono Owen
Clinton Sills
Ita Vaea
Henry Vanderglas
Liam Winton

Tier 2
Tom Alexander
James Ambrosini
Hamish Angus
Elih Baillie
Tom Boidin
Sam Carter
Adam Coleman
Cam Crawford
Clinton Dale
Dylan Evans
Pama Fou
Lewis Holland
lawrence hunting
Rodney Iona
Viliami Iongi
Elivs Levi
Leslie Makin
Tim Metcher
Jesse Mogg
Cayden neville
JP Pradaud
Jesse parahi
Hugh Roach
Jackson Selby
Nick Stirzaker
Dylan Taikoto-Simpson
James turner
Rory Walton

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
I thought there was an issue regarding Henry Vanderglas having been in the top squad last year, thus preventing him going back to the academy?

Do we know which players are signed to John I Dent/Shute Shield clubs?

I don't believe any are coming to Easts.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Going by former 'rules' Ita Vaea will be upgraded if he plays (I think) 3 games.

I'd like to know what the new rules are. To the best of my knowledge the RUPA agreement hasn't been updated for a while. The assumption is, in the absence of any other information provided, that the old rules prevail pending renewal.

I'd also like to know, definitively, if there is a restriction these days on the number of players each Super squad can have on its roster. Also I'd like to know if the requirement of having a certain number of rookies under contract is still in force.

Does anybody have a link to such info?

T

tranquility

Can someone please give me a brief history of Ita Vaea, I know nothing of him and he is recieving quite a signifigant amount of hype. I know that he has only played club rugby, but did he go through the schools system or??

thanks in advance.

Also how exciting is Robbie Coleman's development? he is really coming along. Although if I were Matty To'omua I would be slightly pissed off, as he has essentially jumped him on the ladder.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
I really dont know why they aren't starting MT at 10. Last year he was quality in the games he played and easily outshone Gits.

As good as Coleman is i still think Gits should be 12 with MT at 10

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Can someone please give me a brief history of Ita Vaea, I know nothing of him and he is recieving quite a signifigant amount of hype. I know that he has only played club rugby, but did he go through the schools system or??

His profiles lists him as playing for Tonga schools in 2006 and Tonga U20 in 2009

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
At least To'omua knows that the flyhalf spot is definitely his from next year once Giteau's gone...

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
At least To'omua knows that the flyhalf spot is definitely his from next year once Giteau's gone...

Why wouldn't he up and go. He knows the coaching staff think he's second rate, particularly the new backs coach. If I were him I'd have my manager talk to the Force and the Rebels, both of whom are weak in depth at 10.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Why wouldn't he up and go. He knows the coaching staff think he's second rate, particularly the new backs coach. If I were him I'd have my manager talk to the Force and the Rebels, both of whom are weak in depth at 10.

Second rate according to who/what?

He's still only 20yrs old, probably one of the youngest Super fly halfs in the country.. I'm really not getting too worked up with him not starting atm. No doubt he'll still be getting good game time this season, and next year he'll have the 10 jersey all to him self with Bernie mentoring.

IMO if you take the current situation with Lilo's injury it makes sense.

First Choice Fly Half - Giteau, To'omua, Coleman/Lealiifano
First Choice Inside - Giteau, Lealiifano, Coleman, Smith

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Bad trolling...

The coaches certainly don't think he's second rate... also, regardless of whether or not he's starting or on the bench he's going to get heaps of game time this year...

Giteau is certainly not locked in for the season at flyhalf and if he fails to perform To'omua will be brought back in...

Next year Giteau is gone and To'omua steps up... he's still young...

Status
Not open for further replies.