• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Squad for the Reds game in Darwin.
Forwards: Ben Alexander, Mitchell Chapman, Mark Chisholm (c), Colby Fainga'a, Ben Hand, Anthony Hegarty, Michael Hooper, Salesi Ma'afu, Stephen Moore, Jono Owen, Dan Palmer, Julian Salvi, Ita Vaea, Liam Winton
Backs: Robbie Coleman, Franky Fainifo, Christian Lealiifano, Pat McCabe, Patrick Phibbs, Clint Sills, Andrew Smith, Tyrone Smith, Henry Speight, Matt To'omua, Josh Valentine, Samu Wara

BrumbiesPolynesian

Fred Wood (13)
I guess have a connection with Cuputo and D Coleman gets u a long way, how does WINTON from Gungahlin get in ahead of a Vanderglas?
Winton is average to say the least...he couldnt cut it in the Sydney Comp, didnt make an impact in Canberra comp, yet is rated ahead of Vanderglas.....
Another Darren Coleman gem from Penrith !

T

TheTruth

Yup, no confidence in the Brumbies coaching team. Poor selections and tactics have been the hallmark of Friend's tenure and I don't expect anything to change in 2011.

The positives I'm looking for this year are seeing some of the young guys get a crack, Friend allowing of course.

What is the Brums coaching hierarchy

Coleman: - Academy (seems be copping a bit of flak)
Friend:

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Andy Friend - head coach
Darren Coleman - Academy coach
Bernie Larkham - Backs coach
Googy Harrison - lineout/forwards coach
Marco Caputo - Scrum/forwards coach
Adam Friend - Skills/Kicking coach

Might be wrong, or off mark - fill in gaps as you see fit..

T

TheTruth

Andy Friend - head coach
Darren Coleman - Academy coach
Bernie Larkham - Backs coach
Googy Harrison - lineout/forwards coach
Marco Caputo - Scrum/forwards coach
Adam Friend - Skills/Kicking coach

Might be wrong, or off mark - fill in gaps as you see fit..

Is Andy and Adam relatives

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No they aren't but you aren't the first person to assume that. It goes back to the days of the 90's when Andy played for Royals and Adam for Daramalan.

Royals and Daramalan?

There's your problem right there.

Caputo was also with Daramalan (and then coached Eagles).

And Bernie was from Wests.

The Brumbies are just being taken over by all the rubbish Canberra clubs... :p

(Yes, I realise Harrison played for Vikings but he was just an interstate poach)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Forwards: Ben Alexander, Mitchell Chapman, Mark Chisholm (c), Colby Fainga'a, Ben Hand, Anthony Hegarty, Michael Hooper, Salesi Ma'afu, Stephen Moore, Jono Owen, Dan Palmer, Julian Salvi, Ita Vaea, Liam Winton
Backs: Robbie Coleman, Franky Fainifo, Christian Lealiifano, Pat McCabe, Patrick Phibbs, Clint Sills, Andrew Smith, Tyrone Smith, Henry Speight, Matt To'omua, Josh Valentine, Samu Wara

Since the Crimes reported that To'omua would most likely captain the side it gives me hope they were wrong about Giteau being favoured for the flyhalf spot...

Along with the misinformation posted on here that Coleman was injured...

Chisholm to helm Brumbies against Reds
JAMES BUCKLEY
31 Jan, 2011 11:26 AM
Lock Mark Chisholm will skipper the ACT Brumbies in Friday night’s trial against the Queensland Reds in Darwin.
The 29-year-old has been handed the captaincy for the first time in his 88-game Super Rugby career in the absence of leadership trio Stephen Hoiles, Rocky Elsom and Matt Giteau, as the Brumbies look to kick off 2011 on a winning note.

Pat McCabe has been named to start at fullback, although coach Andy Friend will give Christian Lealiifano plenty of game time at the back on Friday.

Clinton Sillis, Liam Winton, Ita Vaea, Samu Wara and Henry Speight have also been named in the 26-man squad and are on track to make their ACT debuts.

ACT Brumbies: Forwards – Mark Chisholm (C), Ben Alexander, Mitchell Chapman, Colby Fainga'a, Ben Hand, Anthony Hegarty, Michael Hooper, Salesi Ma’afu, Stephen Moore, Jono Owen, Dan Palmer, Julian Salvi, Ita Vaea, Liam Winton.

Backs – Robbie Coleman, Franky Fainifo, Christian Lealiifano, Pat McCabe, Patrick Phibbs, Clint Sills, Andrew Smith, Tyrone Smith, Henry Speight, Matt To'omua, Josh Velentine, Samu Wara.

Wallaby Way

Herbert Moran (7)

So the players missing are

Jerry Y - Injured
Edmonds - ?
Kimlan - Injured
Elsom - Injured
Hollis - Injured
White - ?
Gits - Resting
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) - Resting
Stubbs - ?

Interesting they didn't pick Tom Alexander or Sam Carter from the academy....

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Since the Crimes reported that To'omua would most likely captain the side it gives me hope they were wrong about Giteau being favoured for the flyhalf spot...

Along with the misinformation posted on here that Coleman was injured...

He did injury his knee and came off from one the Sevens games showing signs of the same injury at the JWC, though fortunately it wasn't as bad and he has been cleared to play. He was even on the tv just before with his knee strapped up showing the Brumbies going through some drills in Darwin so hopefully he gets some good game time and it doesn't niggle him again.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)

@ BJ & Brumbyites: with the exception of Franky, can anyone confirm that the names not underlined (i.e. yet to be entered in the Ruggapedia) are members of the Academy? Anyone missing from this team who is in the Academy?
Cheers,
PT

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Franky Fainifo is another, but he's already in the wiki as Francis Fainifo. Are the Brumbies going to list him as Franky Fainifo now?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
I think it depends how gangsta he's feeling on the day.

It was copied from the media release, but for future reference I think we should refer to him as Francis.

Elfster

Alex Ross (28)
With all this talk about the uncertaintity of the Brumbies backline, all I hope is that they get things sorted out so at least this year their top try scorer is not a prop!

(Not that I wouldn't mind seeing Ben A scorring just as many tries or more this year...)

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
With all this talk about the uncertaintity of the Brumbies backline, all I hope is that they get things sorted out so at least this year their top try scorer is not a prop!

(Not that I wouldn't mind seeing Ben A scorring just as many tries or more this year...)

4th most trys last year of all players, 2nd most of the aussie players.. and i still didn't have him in my fanstasy team!

Status
Not open for further replies.