• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I said in a post a couple of pages ago that I wouldn't be too surprised to see Giteau back to 10 and Lilo at 12... It was Friend's first choice last season also before Lilo's injury forced To'omua into the team forcing Giteau to more one out to 12.

That wasn't the only reason To'omua came into flyhalf last year...

Friend could've gone with the safer option of Giteau / Tyrone Smith but the fact is the backline was playing shit because of Giteau at flyhalf and it didn't come good until To'omua came in... and if reverted to shit again when To'omua got injured...

If Friend was completely blind to see that the To'omua / Giteau partnership was greatly superior to the Giteau / Lilo one then he should be taken up to Mt Ainslie and fired out of a cannon...

I'm certain that Bernie would be a better flyhalf for the Brumbies right now than Giteau...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
To'omua has been at the Brumbies for a few years now... he doesn't need more time on the bench...

For his development, and for the good of the team he needs to be playing flyhalf...

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Don't know - the article mentions Gits was on the panel to appoint the backs coach, so probably. Yes he's a senior player, but surely the appointment of coaching staff should be beyond player influence, especially if the guys played together. "Hey Bernie, let me play 10, I got you the job here."

I couldn't believe I was reading that bit right. Didn't the Ponioes Management learn anything from the Nucifora debacle? I really hope that Larkham has a huge impact on Giteau and he plays like he used to.However under no circumstances do I want to see Giteau in 10 at Wallabies level ever again, even when he payed well at 10 for the Force he did not translate that to the Test arena.

Time to face it Matt you are not a 10. It is not a mark of shame, the best 12 I have ever seen, Tim Horan, wasn't a Flyhalf's foreskin either.

BrumbiesPolynesian

Fred Wood (13)
Don't know - the article mentions Gits was on the panel to appoint the backs coach, so probably. Yes he's a senior player, but surely the appointment of coaching staff should be beyond player influence, especially if the guys played together. "Hey Bernie, let me play 10, I got you the job here."

I hope this is not the case, god help the Brumbies if this is the case.
But it doesnt explain the selections of Harrison and Cuputo, watching a session during the week both main squad and Academy, Lineouts and Reciepts for both sets...Shambolic, Scrummaging under Cuputo...non existant......its gonna be a long year for the Brumbies....Friend is a better coach that what is being percieved, I hope he hasnt been lumped with these clowns due to internal "politics"....as for Coleman....well...enough said, the Academy doesnt even look like it could beat Whites or Vikings colts......

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The way things are shaping with injuries and the possibility of bizarre selections I can see a repeat performance of 2009/2010...

The Brumbies will win their first few games without impressing...

Then it'll all fall apart...

Friend will be forced to make selections he should've made at the start of the year and the Brumbies will make a late charge to the finals only to fall short by a competition point or two...

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I hope this is not the case, god help the Brumbies if this is the case.
But it doesnt explain the selections of Harrison and Cuputo, watching a session during the week both main squad and Academy, Lineouts and Reciepts for both sets...Shambolic, Scrummaging under Cuputo...non existant......its gonna be a long year for the Brumbies....Friend is a better coach that what is being percieved, I hope he hasnt been lumped with these clowns due to internal "politics"....as for Coleman....well...enough said, the Academy doesnt even look like it could beat Whites or Vikings colts......

Friend is a joke.

R

Richard D. James

Yup, no confidence in the Brumbies coaching team. Poor selections and tactics have been the hallmark of Friend's tenure and I don't expect anything to change in 2011.

The positives I'm looking for this year are seeing some of the young guys get a crack, Friend allowing of course.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yup, no confidence in the Brumbies coaching team. Poor selections and tactics have been the hallmark of Friend's tenure and I don't expect anything to change in 2011.

The positives I'm looking for this year are seeing some of the young guys get a crack, Friend allowing of course.

Yeah, I'm writing off 2011 already...

I just want to see some of the new young guys have a crack and hopefully Bernie emerges as a good backs coach...

Hopefully at the end of the year Friend and Giteau will be gone, and with a few re-signings they can rebuild for 2012...

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I said in a post a couple of pages ago that I wouldn't be too surprised to see Giteau back to 10 and Lilo at 12... It was Friend's first choice last season also before Lilo's injury forced To'omua into the team forcing Giteau to more one out to 12.

I thought that Lilo would be playing fullback this year with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) concentrating on being a fulltime OC.

I really hope that Larkham has a huge impact on Giteau and he plays like he used to.

Well he better polish the boots.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
The optimal Brumbies midfield is To'omua, Gits and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is world-class. But Friend won't play any of those players in those positions.

BrumbiesPolynesian

Fred Wood (13)
Here is what the backline is shaping up to be:

Valentine, Giteau, Spieght, Lealiifano, Ashley Cooper, Fainifo, McCabe

Bench - Phibbs, To'omua, T Smith, A Smith

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Here is what the backline is shaping up to be:

Valentine, Giteau, Spieght, Lealiifano, Ashley Cooper, Fainifo, McCabe

Bench - Phibbs, To'omua, T Smith, A Smith

Great.

It's not going to matter who else is in the backline with Giteau at flyhalf.

The top try scorers will be Alexander, Moore and Valentine.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Wow, didn't expect such negativity concerning the team.

Whilst not the biggest fan of the Friendy, and certainly of the underwhelming performances in the past few years, to see them written off before even kicking a ball is bemusing.

Bernie and Goog's might turn out to be the goods - can't praise or criticise them at this stage.

I'll be an optimist. I have to be, I've used two weeks income to pay for my seat!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The fact that Giteau is supposedly being favoured at flyhalf over To'omua either means that The coach doesn't have the power to select the team or he's the dumbest coach on the planet.

Or maybe Bernie is going to produce a miracle... I wish...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What annoys me about Giteau at flyhalf is that he's going to cramp AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)...

That is going to affect his form and selection chances with the Wobs...

BrumbiesPolynesian

Fred Wood (13)
Wow, didn't expect such negativity concerning the team.

Whilst not the biggest fan of the Friendy, and certainly of the underwhelming performances in the past few years, to see them written off before even kicking a ball is bemusing.

Bernie and Goog's might turn out to be the goods - can't praise or criticise them at this stage.

I'll be an optimist. I have to be, I've used two weeks income to pay for my seat!

Harrison is a joke of a coach..After being at a few sessions and also a few Academy sessions...Lineouts and RESTARTS especially are a Shambles....Get someone who knows what they are doing...He might have been good at playing, but coaching....NOPE....same goes for Cuputo....

I will support the IN BERNIE we trust, he has that backline sharp...

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
What annoys me about Giteau at flyhalf is that he's going to cramp AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)...

That is going to affect his form and selection chances with the Wobs...

Yes, this is Chambers' big chance. He'll get a feast of flat, good ball in space from Cooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.