• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
Darren Coleman is probably the worse Academy coach the Brumbies have seen...I dont remember them winning a game since he became coach. Only job he is doing is getting rid of the local talent out of the system and bringing in his "PENRITH" brigade.

I'm hearing similar whispers about this bloke

Wallaby Way

Herbert Moran (7)
The whole coaching staff needs a complete overall. The only one I'm not sure about is Larkham, though I seem to remember reading a number of times that the real brains behind the brumbies backline (back in the glory years) was Pat Howard and Rod Kafer.

BrumbiesPolynesian

Fred Wood (13)
The whole coaching staff needs a complete overall. The only one I'm not sure about is Larkham, though I seem to remember reading a number of times that the real brains behind the brumbies backline (back in the glory years) was Pat Howard and Rod Kafer.

I hear the same, Kafer and Howard were the brains behind all backline plays the Brumbies used...even after they were gone...Gregan and Larkham still used the plays.
I think Friend is an up and coming coach, but he is surrounding himself with coaches who dont have a clue with the exception of Tony Rea.
Cuputo is clueless, Harrison not even proven yet alone clueless.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Moore is sounding as good as gone after this season. With Edmonds already conceded, hopefully we pick up someone like Damien Fitzpatrick coming off contract.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Moore will be a big loss for the Wallabies. The availability of Moore and TPN for the same spot has enabled them to cover each other and for selectors to attend to other positions. One hoped this arrangement would go on longer but it looks like it is not to be.

But as I have mentioned a number of times: the hooker futures in Oz rugby are good and better than for most rugby spots. If Moore leaves I see Charles and Kirkpatrick contending for the backup spot of S.Finger - and if 2010 schools player Hugh Roach (2 years in the Oz Schools 1st XV) becomes a big enough man he may be another down the track. Add in Ben Whittaker at the Force plus Siliva and Sio ** from the 2010 Oz U/20 team and the futures look good.

I'm not saying that all of these players will be Wallaby contenders but I am sure that some of them will be.

** Scott Sio was listed as a prop/hooker for the U/20s. He was a very mobile prop ( or no.8 ) at school, is agile, and seems a natural for permanent conversion to hooker. He was mainly a LHP in the West Harbour 2s in 2010, his 1st year out of school, but played as THP in one game for the 1s. He will be back in the Oz U/20 team this year.

R

RonnieP

This team tells me that players like Wara, White and Coleman might struggle to make Main Match Day group if they are being allowed to go to Darwin to play 7s.
Sort of tells me that Fainifo/Speight look to be ahead of Wara on peaking order, Phibbs and Valentine ahead of White and looks like they will go with Gits to cover To'omua, Lealiifano to cover Gits and McCabe to cover the Fullback Wing position...With Tyrone Smith as cover for midfield along with Andrew Smith.

I wouldn't read anything into this. I spoke with some of the boys up in Darwin and it was apparently optional for the full timers to go. Academy Coach Darren Coleman asked guys like Coleman, White and Wara to go as he's coached them before in the Academy. They'd already finished their camp in Jervis Bay and had the weekend off.

T

TheTruth

How did the Ponies go at the 7's carnival in Darwin ? who played well ?

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
How did the Ponies go at the 7's carnival in Darwin ? who played well ?

CA Brumbies 24 v NT Mosquitoes 0
Aussie Thunderbolts 17 v CA Brumbies 5
CA Brumbies 38 v Wanneroo Roo Dogs 5

Wasn't up there for any games but I've heard Coleman did some damage to his knee and could be out for awhile.

S

sportsfan

Rodney Iona, Pama Fou, Villi Langi, James Turner, Samu Wara, Nic White, Robbie Coleman, Cam Crawford, Lindsay Crook, Lewis Holland

Lewis Holland had a great weekend and has been called into the Aussie Squad. Well done Lewis, first year out of school!

Reactions: FTS
Status
Not open for further replies.