• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Bledisloe 1 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, 8:05pm

Who wins?

• Walabies

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • All Blacks

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Read's Squire and the runaway Ardie hype train on the bench. Sh*t gonna get crazy in the final 20 minutes.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Their centre pairing of Crotty and Fekitoa is a step down from Nonu and Smith. It is also a fairly rookie combination.

Barrett is the form 10 of the super comp but doesn't have the same defence and goal-kicking Carter had. Attack is ridiculously good though.

There 9 10 12 13 has not played a lot of rugby together, most from different super xv teams.

So their are kinks in the armour there... very small ones but they are there.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Crotty is solid. Fekitoa is great on attack, a bit ho-hum on defence. Should be targeting the shit out of that channel with Mitchell, TK, and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

T

Train Without a Station

I still find it amazing that people insist Giteau was one of our best during the World Cup.

Was it his running game which resulted in a total of something like 1 line break and 7 defenders beaten all tournament?

Was it his playmaking that resulted in something like 1 try assist the entire test season?

Must have been his influence that set up the regular players outside of him like Kuridrani, Folau and Horne for great tournaments?

It's as though if the commentators and Georgina Robinson say it enough it actually becomes true.

He added a great 2nd kicking option (which was still only used about half as much as Foley) and defended like an absolute trojan (though made few if any dominant tackles). But he hardly added to our attack based on his returns and the returns of the players regularly outside of him.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Genia will start, as should Foley and Quade on bench me thinks,

Fardy may pay the price for an average series against the Poms. McCalman may be the shock inclusion (not to me but plenty of others on here).

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Crotty is solid. Fekitoa is great on attack, a bit ho-hum on defence. Should be targeting the shit out of that channel with Mitchell, TK, and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

That backline players attacking ability is unbelievable. Certainly no issues there.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He added a great 2nd kicking option (which was still only used about half as much as Foley) and defended like an absolute trojan (though made few if any dominant tackles). But he hardly added to our attack based on his returns and the returns of the players regularly outside of him.

The defence particularly was the most crucial aspect of his game. The Wallaby defence in general looked much stronger with him playing.

He makes less dominant tackles than To'omua for example but I think he is a better overall defender and an excellent organiser of the defence.

I think those are the biggest reasons he was selected then and will get selected today.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
The defence particularly was the most crucial aspect of his game. The Wallaby defence in general looked much stronger with him playing.

He makes less dominant tackles than To'omua for example but I think he is a better overall defender and an excellent organiser of the defence.

I think those are the biggest reasons he was selected then and will get selected today.

+2.... He is a great defensive organiser. I think his leadership in the back-line was something not mentioned often. Which is needed as I think it's one of Foley's weaknesses and To'omua is average too (great tackler though) as Lilo usually does the job at the Brumbies.

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
I still find it amazing that people insist Giteau was one of our best during the World Cup.

Was it his running game which resulted in a total of something like 1 line break and 7 defenders beaten all tournament?

Was it his playmaking that resulted in something like 1 try assist the entire test season?

Must have been his influence that set up the regular players outside of him like Kuridrani, Folau and Horne for great tournaments?

It's as though if the commentators and Georgina Robinson say it enough it actually becomes true.

Giteau also was guilty of running across field in attack rather than the north/south channel, making it difficult for his outside backs to find space. Yet when he went off injured in the RWC final, we lost some direction.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Fardy may pay the price for an average series against the Poms. McCalman may be the shock inclusion (not to me but plenty of others on here).

Holy shit! Scrubber was right!

CqGzKBCVYAA7JLc.jpg:large

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
No problem with the squad other than Mumm....... Just why he's needed as a Second Row option I'm blown away for an answer.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Who's the backup THP? Allan Ala'alaota played in the 3 jumper in juniors and under 20s but he backs up Sio at the Brumbies. Throwing a youngster into the fray in an unfamiliar position on his debut's a BIG risk.

Kuridrani must shake off his average recent performances or get dropped.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
No problem with the squad other than Mumm... Just why he's needed as a Second Row option I'm blown away for an answer.

He's the backup lineout caller.

I guess that none of the other locks are currently regarded as being up to that task.

Status
Not open for further replies.