• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Bledisloe 1 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, 8:05pm

Who wins?

• Walabies

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • All Blacks

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
You'd think a player who has been an integral part of line-outs his whole career would know a thing or two about calling a line-out.

Surely can't be a significant reason why Mumm was chosen. I think Cheika just likes Mumm, or maybe doesn't have confidence in Coleman.

Arnold is injured so he might have got the gig otherwise.
It could have a bit to do with having seen the ABs team first too. We don't lose a lot at the set piece if we end up with mumm + fardy versus Kaino + squire in the row. We gain a lot of experience and mobility.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That must be potentially one of the most un-impactful reserve benches I've seen. Other than TPN and perhaps Slipper, they are all just solid performers. No one to break a game open other than perhaps Phipps in a up the tempo at the ruck type of way.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
That must be potentially one of the most un-impactful reserve benches I've seen. Other than TPN and perhaps Slipper, they are all just solid performers. No one to break a game open other than perhaps Phipps in a up the tempo at the ruck type of way.
I reckon To'omua and fardy can both add a fair bit of impact against tired legs. I don't think he had much choice with Horne, with so much cover already for 13 kerevi would have been a bad selection, Beale is out and mitchell isn't fit.

Upthenuts

Dave Cowper (27)
sydneys going to put on a fine night, now its going to be really exciting, can the wallabies match the Abs intensity at ruck time, Abs to dominate the contact, be interesting to see the wallabies counter to this.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
A few areas where I think Cheika has taken a gamble.

Alan Ala'alatoa at reserve THP is a worrying call to me. And it is simply a matter of Cheika pulling rank on the Brumbies where there are three good quality Super Rugby level THPs already in Alexander, Makin and Ruan Smith. No need for AA to switch over when he is the back up LHP at Super Rugby level, and ceryainly not in the Brumbies' best interests and quite possibly not in the Wallabies' as well. Why not Robertson?

McCalman in place of Fardy is also a risk. His workload is good but he is mostly ineffectual with ball in hand. Combined with Simmons who is also a wimp in contact, and the very small backrow partners of Hooper and Pocock, I can see us being blown off the park by the ABs' forwards.

Mumm then compounds that situation when and if he gets on. Where is the mongrel meant to come from in a pack made up largely by powder puffs.

And in my view, Rob Horne hasn't done enough since the RWC, and especially against the English, to warrant a spot on the bench. Prior to this year he was always good value, but this year he's missed a lot of tackles and his speed seems to have diminished significantly.

I expect this side to fight the good fight against the ABs, but in the end class will prevail and we'll go down quite comfortably.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
It could have a bit to do with having seen the ABs team first too. We don't lose a lot at the set piece if we end up with mumm + fardy versus Kaino + squire in the row. We gain a lot of experience and mobility.

But the scrum will fold like a pack of cards. Just my opin ion, but I'd like to see Mumm confined to the Tahs for good, and for any suggestion that Fardy should play lock censored out of the site all together.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)

Yeah - just contrast it to the ABs' bench. I expect NZ to have a field day when the reserves hit the field.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

Unfortunately the same can be said of the starters. Folau and Poey the only game-changers.

T

TOCC

Alan Alatoa switching to THP was always going to happen, we had this discussion months ago, admittedly didnt expect it to be in such an important match

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Alan Alatoa switching to THP was always going to happen, we had this discussion months ago, admittedly didnt expect it to be in such an important match

It was either him or 20 year old Robertson... either way a rookie needed to be blooded, at least Alatoa is the more experienced prop.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
But the scrum will fold like a pack of cards. Just my opin ion, but I'd like to see Mumm confined to the Tahs for good, and for any suggestion that Fardy should play lock censored out of the site all together.
Believe it or not Fardy has been the contingency plan lock for the wallabies for about 3 years. I don't like it either and it's not pretty when it happens. But that's how it is. I can assure you it's a better option than having to put Sean McMahon there.

Status
Not open for further replies.