• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Bledisloe 1 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, 8:05pm

Who wins?

• Walabies

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • All Blacks

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Did say I wouldn't be surprised at any selections and was wrong. Sio over Slipper is a curious one and might be a signal to the type of game Cheika is planning on bringing. At the set piece Sio is still behind Slipper.

Not much there gives me anymore hope of a win if it's more of the same that we saw verse England. Giteau at 12 really is the only point of difference between the two series and his kicking may be quite useful.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Should've worked harder to keep PAE in Australia.

Unfortunately he's visibly fallen back into the bad eating habits than plagued his first couple of years at the Rebels, so would be useless for at least the first 6 months, even if he was released and signed tomorrow.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I really am just trying understand the thinking.

He may not be inundated with Wobs caps, but he is known to be that "leader" type who captained his side in europe & the Tahs & his club.

Also when you hear his interviews he actually sounds like he knows what is going on.

Personally I would have gone for Coleman; and more potential threat off the bench. I don't see To'omua or Horne as game changers, they are about plugging gaps and solidity.

The only logic I see is they are there to close out a lead whereas I think we will be chasing a lead
Some of the game changing ideas might already be on the park - eg moving folau to 13

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Some of the game changing ideas might already be on the park - eg moving folau to 13

I would have started him there if Mitchell was fit

When it comes to kick receipt management a back 3 of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Mitchell & DHP with Folau floating back ...................

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Personally I would have gone for Coleman; and more potential threat off the bench. I don't see To'omua or Horne as game changers, they are about plugging gaps and solidity.

The only logic I see is they are there to close out a lead whereas I think we will be chasing a lead

I see where you are coming from but To'omua made a big difference when he came on against the ABs in Sydney last year and won the game with that little kick for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I would have started him there if Mitchell was fit

When it comes to kick receipt management a back 3 of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Mitchell & DHP with Folau floating back .......
He's possibly just taking the conservative route to start proceedings. Basically the RWC back line and if we just see more of the same - which is likely - he'll change it up much as you propose with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) & DHP acting as dual fullbacks.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I shouldn't be surprised but the comments on the team announcement post on the front page of the site are like an open sewer.

I love how many people are outraged that McMahon wasn't picked yet half of those same people would have complained about him getting picked against England and us having too many backrowers.

The comments sections of internet articles on any contentious subject are a revealing look into the human psyche. It's life, Jim, but not as we know it.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Anyone know much about Nathan Harris?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

I think Harris would of been in squad for a while, but his first test a couple of years back he injured himself after about 10 minutes and was out fot the season, so obviously someone Shag had in mind for awhile as back up to Coles. he not a bad player, does his core jobs well.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I haven't been keeping my eye on McCalman recently.
Fardy was out of form and looked exhausted.
But the selection rationale must have been: "better to pick a bloke out of position with no recent form than a bloke who is the incumbent but is out of form".

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1471494668160.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/b...-of-christian-lealiifano-20160817-gqv2kw.html

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
There are a few ill informed opinions coming forward on some Brumbies' players.

Fardy is not out of form. His real problem is that he attracts a lot of penalties. He was probably the best of all the forwards going round in the tests against England, and was utterly stuffed at the end of the series given the huge amount of work he got through.

Kuridrani hasn't been as influential as he was a season or two ago, but he is still one of the few in the backline (Kerevi is another) who gets over the gain line just about every time he handles the ball. He did in fact have quite a strong game against the Highlanders in the quarter final, making a few incisive runs. His biggest problem will be the crabbing of Giteau playing at 12.

Alan Ala'alatoa is a very promising loose head prop, and about the only one to see him as a tight head prop apparently is Cheika. This could well prove to be a bit of a shambles and I'd hate to see Alan end up with a reputation along the lines of Benny Alexander's. I would have no hesitation playing Tom Robertson off the bench.

It seems it's very easy to forget that the Brumbies finished top of the Aus Super Rugby conference with I think two wins more than the next best side, and that both Fardy and Kuridrani played large parts in their season's outcome.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
I'm having trouble keeping the faith
We've been caught out with early lock injuries three times recently yet we don't have a true reserve lock on the bench
We've been shown up in lineouts when we haven't had three true jumpers and we've gone in with 2 and an occasional jumper.
image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.