• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Bledisloe 1 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, 8:05pm

Who wins?

• Walabies

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • All Blacks

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
No problem with the squad other than Mumm... Just why he's needed as a Second Row option I'm blown away for an answer.

Yep - Fardy could easily "cover" that spot.

Bit surprised Cooper didn't ride the pine.

Congrats to Allan re first cap coming up

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
No problem with the squad other than Mumm... Just why he's needed as a Second Row option I'm blown away for an answer.

Was about to say the same thing. Would have loved to see Coleman on the bench.

Not a fan of Horne on the bench either but I can see his value in covering most positions in the back-line.

Got no issues with Fardy being dropped for McCalman, Fardy needs to work on his discipline and I think McCalman's skillset balances nicely with the Pooper.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Actually I wonder why they didn't go with Poey/Hooper at 6 and McCalman at 8. Though Big Mac would be better at the back of the scrum.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Actually I wonder why they didn't go with Poey/Hooper at 6 and McCalman at 8. Though Big Mac would be better at the back of the scrum.

I would have though the same. The selection is actually Pocock over Fardy, not McCalman over Fardy. With the back row we have been running we have been missing the workhorse characteristics of a #8 and despite BR's aversion to him Big Dog is a real life proper #8.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

Actually I agree with you.

BUT almost everyone seems to say that the number on your back bears no relevance - that is Hooper and Pocock.

So Poey will wear 8 and play like a 7, McCalman will wear 6 and play as an 8 and Hooper will wear 7 and play an all rounder game.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
I don't understand Mumm over Timani. Fardy being dropped to the bench actually covers lineout caller and/or extra lock. It's the perfect opportunity to unleash LT

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't understand Mumm over Timani. Fardy being dropped to the bench actually covers lineout caller and/or extra lock. It's the perfect opportunity to unleash LT

Has Fardy ever been the lineout caller for the Wallabies (at least under Cheika)? I don't think he has.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

BUT almost everyone seems to say that the number on your back bears no relevance - that is Hooper and Pocock.

So Poey will wear 8 and play like a 7, McCalman will wear 6 and play as an 8 and Hooper will wear 7 and play an all rounder game.

True for general play. But I think the numbers on the back indicate their position come scrum time. Why wouldn't you have Poey at flanker and McCalman at 8 where both players have more experience?

Or maybe McCalman will still scrum at 8.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)

That's it - I'd nearly have Pocock at the back in defence to help cover the openside and MCCalman there in attack.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
TK must be on his last chance

Shit he has been quite poor for a time. We have a couple of pretty handy blokes to cover 13 - Folau or Kerevi

T

Tip

That's a polite way of saying he'll make some tackles then stand on the wing.

The ruck stats from the England series paint a terrible picture for Hooper. Considering he was completely ineffective in attack, I'd be dropping him to the reserves for some meat & potatoes.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

The ruck stats from the England series paint a terrible picture for Hooper. Considering he was completely ineffective in attack, I'd be dropping him to the reserves for some meat & potatoes.

Perceptive there Tip.

But if I had said anything negative about Hooper I would have been flogged by a few biased posters (you know who you are:)), who cannot see ANY negatives in Hooper's style of play as a 7.

Reactions: Tip

KOB1987

John Eales (66)

That wasn't hoopers fault though, it was part of the game plan. From memory it was mostly the second half of the second test. Given it didn't work, hopefully they will shelve it.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Is it really THAT hard. Fuck he has been playing for years at lock or 6 both at Super and Wallaby levels - surely he's not that stupid that he couldn't call some safe lineouts at the back end of a game.

You'd think a player who has been an integral part of line-outs his whole career would know a thing or two about calling a line-out.

Surely can't be a significant reason why Mumm was chosen. I think Cheika just likes Mumm, or maybe doesn't have confidence in Coleman.

Arnold is injured so he might have got the gig otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.