• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Bledisloe 1 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, 8:05pm

Who wins?

• Walabies

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • All Blacks

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Never seen the point in moving too many players for every change, just carry an outside back and an inside back, simples

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Fuck's sake this ongoing "THE LINEOUT IS ALL ABOUT NUMBERS!" and "MORE OPTIONS AND MORE CENTIMETRES = BETTER LINEOUT!"
It fucking doesn't. Sure, it helps, but if you've got no subtlety, technique, or understanding it doesn't mean shit. .
HaHaHa
I find your choice of words in a post like that somewhat ironic.
Carry on..

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
QC (Quade Cooper) is either at 10 (which I doubt) or misses out for mine. I know he has been playing 15 for Toulon, but he doesn't have the versatility for a test reserve for mine.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Here's my predicted 23.

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Simmons
5. Douglas
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. Pocock
9. Genia
10. Foley
11. DHP
12. Giteau
13. Kuridrani
14. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15. Folau

16. TPN, 17. Sio, 18. Robertson, 19. Mumm, 20. Timani, 21. Phipps 22. Cooper, 23. Horne

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Here's my predicted 23.

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Simmons
5. Douglas
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. Pocock
9. Genia
10. Foley
11. DHP
12. Giteau
13. Kuridrani
15. Folau

16. TPN, 17. Sio, 18. Robertson, 19. Mumm, 20. Timani, 21. Phipps 22. Cooper, 23. Horne
That could be interesting. I'd rather see phipps with foley or genia with cooper. Not just because of history and combinations. QC (Quade Cooper) and Phipps have tendency towards flakey shit at times - not sure they go well together. If cooper cops a Phipps shocker in his 22 God knows what could happen.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Genia is probably a bigger risk than Cooper given his lack of game time.

As for the 23, who knows? Nothing will surprise me.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Here's my predicted 23.

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Simmons
5. Douglas
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. Pocock
9. Genia
10. Foley
11. DHP
12. Giteau
13. Kuridrani
15. Folau

The backline is a definitely a big weakness- we lack that 'x factor'. You know you are in trouble when somebody like Giteau could potentially be playing IC

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I've just scrolled through the last four pages. Whatever gets announced tomorrow, 90% of the posters are not going to be happy! Its a real worry when so many positions are not clear to everyone. In the NZ team only a couple of positions are up for discussion. That says to me that a win is very, very unlikely, because we don't have a clearly known core group who are used to playing together.

Win or lose, I would like to see that we pretty much know by the end of the RC just what our best 23 looks like. We certainly don't now.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I've just scrolled through the last four pages. Whatever gets announced tomorrow, 90% of the posters are not going to be happy! Its a real worry when so many positions are not clear to everyone. In the NZ team only a couple of positions are up for discussion. That says to me that a win is very, very unlikely, because we don't have a clearly known core group who are used to playing together.

Win or lose, I would like to see that we pretty much know by the end of the RC just what our best 23 looks like. We certainly don't now.
Posters here and everywhere on the Internet are always incensed when the team is picked. I call it Schrodinger's Idiot.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
By the looks of the reserve bench the ABs looking to run Australia off the park. No real surprises with the team named. A very experienced core group and some serious impact players to come on. Probably stronger than the June internationals.

ALL BLACKS:
Israel Dagg
Ben Smith
Malakai Fekitoa
Ryan Crotty
Waisake Naholo
Beauden Barrett
Aaron Smith
Kieran Read (c)
Sam Cane
Jerome Kaino
Sam Whitelock
Brodie Retallick
Owen Franks
Nathan Harris
Wyatt Crockett.

Reserves:
Codie Taylor
Kane Hames
Charlie Faumuina
Liam Squire
Ardie Savea
TJ Perenara
Aaron Cruden
Julian Savea

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
By the looks of the reserve bench the ABs looking to run Australia off the park. No real surprises with the team named. A very experienced core group and some serious impact players to come on. Probably stronger than the June internationals.

ALL BLACKS:
Israel Dagg
Ben Smith
Malakai Fekitoa
Ryan Crotty
Waisake Naholo
Beauden Barrett
Aaron Smith
Kieran Read (c)
Sam Cane
Jerome Kaino
Sam Whitelock
Brodie Retallick
Owen Franks
Nathan Harris
Wyatt Crockett.

Reserves:
Codie Taylor
Kane Hames
Charlie Faumuina
Liam Squire
Ardie Savea
TJ Perenara
Aaron Cruden
Julian Savea

Good luck with that part, mobility is not one of our issues, our exploiting of it is the problem. Would it not be more of a counter for the Pooper? You'd hope that when so many ABs hang up the boots the next team announced would have a few holes in it....not the case! Looks very strong.

If you lose a lock presumably Kaino moves in. Can Squire play there too?

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Even without Woodcock, Mealamu, McCaw, Carter, Nonu & Smith there's still over 800 Test caps in that AB lineup: succession planning, I think it's called :)

Kane Hames will be AB #1152 if he gets on. Great comeback for a guy who's career looked to have stalled through injury & some off-field stuff not too long ago.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11695954

Betting sites all seem to have AB at ~1.37 & Wobs ~3.20, I always get extra-nervous when the odds blow out like that. I'd still go AB <12 & Wobs to be well in it with 10 to go at which point (because rock-Peyper-scissors) just about anything could happen........

dru

David Wilson (68)
Interesting to see Beauden through but not TJ. Also interesting to see Savea (Julian) on the pine. Quick edit!!! Ardie is on the line. Now I get the mobility comment.

How much ball will be delivered (accurately) to Crotty and Fekitoa? Also interesting to see how (if) they adapt tactics with Beaudens kick pass.

Cant help thinking that Id rather these questions were being asked first up by a team that isnt the Wallabies.

OK Cheika, cards on the table time!

G

galumay

Thats a pretty complete looking AB team, if I was looking for chinks, then playing Cane instead of Savea is one, but he is still on the bench so he can still be brought on if they need the best 7 on the field!

Actually I cant see any other chinks!

That bench is amazing really, the 2 Savea's, TJ and Cruden - i dont think they would miss the run on side in many teams in the rest of the rugby world!

Status
Not open for further replies.