• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia vs British and Irish Lions 2nd Test (Melbourne)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Great idea Brumbieman, drop an extra back after you lost 4 backs previous game.

To be fair we normally play a 5/2 and it works fine. The circumstances on the weekend were extreme.

I like the team Brumbieman has picked, but I don't think you can have Kimlin and MMM on the bench. It's one or the other.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
To be fair we normally play a 5/2 and it works fine. The circumstances on the weekend were extreme.

I like the team Brumbieman has picked, but I don't think you can have Kimlin and MMM on the bench. It's one or the other.

On your first point, the problem is that we now have two starting backs (Lilo and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)) coming off injuries. You'd have to think both, and particularly AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), are a higher than normal chance at hurting themselves again.

On the second, I absolutely agree. Picking both is picking the same guy twice.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
On your first point, the problem is that we now have two starting backs (Lilo and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)) coming off injuries. You'd have to think both, and particularly AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), are a higher than normal chance at hurting themselves again.

On the second, I absolutely agree. Picking both is picking the same guy twice.

Should that be "still injured"?

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
From where I sit, the loss of Corbisiero is good for the wallabies. Vunipola is probably his replacement and he was dominated at scrum time by Kepu. If Vunipola is chosen I'd consider bring Slipper into the starting side at TH

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
From where I sit, the loss of Corbisiero is good for the wallabies. Vunipola is probably his replacement and he was dominated at scrum time by Kepu. If Vunipola is chosen I'd consider bring Slipper into the starting side at TH

For sure, Vunipola is a huge step down from Corbisiero the Wallabies should be targeting him. Also this means that Adam Jones is now the Lions most important player by a long way, unless he plays 70 minutes the Lions could be in trouble

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
Without O'Connell and Corbisiero the Lion's pack looks far less menacing come set piece time. For my mind O'Connell was the spiritual leader of the Lion's forward pack and one of their best players on tour. St Sam is going to have to step it up a notch this weekend with O'Connell out.

I expect a Lion's forward pack of:

1. Vunipola
2. T Youngs
3. A Jones
4. AW Jones
5. Parling
6. Croft
7. Warburton
8. Heaslip

16. Hibbard
17. Grant
18. Cole
19. Evans
20. Lydiate / O'Brien

Faletau unlucky after an impressive performance against the Rebels.

That forward pack, whilst strong, doesn't leave me quaking in my boots.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Without O'Connell and Corbisiero the Lion's pack looks far less menacing come set piece time. For my mind O'Connell was the spiritual leader of the Lion's forward pack and one of their best players on tour. St Sam is going to have to step it up a notch this weekend with O'Connell out.

You are right there despite St Sam going up for the coin toss there has only seemed to be one leader on the pitch, he is ginger and superman wears pyjamas with his face on them. Big leadership void in the pack, combine with the a possible shaky scrum and a lack of ball carriers means that the Lions are very vulnerable up front.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Is cummins injured or something. The guy is miles better then tomane. Tomane is over rated big time. I think it's bizzare for
Everyone to pick Tomane over Cummins. how many times does cummins have to prove himself. He has had the better of Digby Ioane for the last 2 years as well. He should probably be our first choice winger ( maybe not now because of the amazing Izzy)

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Word has it there are mass backline changes and the HB isn't being unleashed.

Final straw for Deans?

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Last I read, they were both expected to play.

I know what you're saying Richo, but that doesn't answer the question as to whether or not they are still "affected" by injury. It's interesting that both Lilo and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) have been knocked-out in the last 9 months whilst attempting to bury their head into an opponents hip!!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is cummins injured or something. The guy is miles better then tomane. Tomane is over rated big time. I think it's bizzare for
Everyone to pick Tomane over Cummins. how many times does cummins have to prove himself. He has had the better of Digby Ioane for the last 2 years as well. He should probably be our first choice winger ( maybe not now because of the amazing Izzy)

What nonsense.........

Tomane was dynamite last year, and if it wasn't for injury he probably would've started most tests.......

He's had a slow start to the season after coming back from a series of injuries but looked solid for the Brumbies leading up to the series........

The only criteria holding back Tomane from starting is his fitness........

At his best he's miles ahead of Cummins who is a very good, but limited player........

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
What nonsense...

Tomane was dynamite last year, and if it wasn't for injury he probably would've started most tests...

He's had a slow start to the season after coming back from a series of injuries but looked solid for the Brumbies leading up to the series....

The only criteria holding back Tomane from starting is his fitness....

At his best he's miles ahead of Cummins who is a very good, but limited player....

Tomane miles ahead? well no he ain't, but he is very solid and capable.

Cummins just has more X factor particularly in defense, he has the penchant to create turnovers and can suck in defenders in attack

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tomane miles ahead? well no he ain't, but he is very solid and capable.

Cummins just has more X factor particularly in defense, he has the penchant to create turnovers and can suck in defenders in attack

More "x factor" than Tomane? o_O

Cummins is a very good strong ball runner and defender........ but I think Tomane's highlights from last year speak for themself.........

Anyways, I'd rather have Speight than either of them, but we've still got a few months until that can happen........

Having said all that I don't really mind who starts out of Tomane or Cummins, but Shiggins was talking shite......... ;)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
More "x factor" than Tomane? o_O

Cummins is a very good strong ball runner and defender.... but I think Tomane's highlights from last year speak for themself...

Anyways, I'd rather have Speight than either of them, but we've still got a few months until that can happen....

Having said all that I don't really mind who starts out of Tomane or Cummins, but Shiggins was talking shite... ;)

trust me, there is good rugby played and good rugby players outside Canberra as well

Status
Not open for further replies.