• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia vs British and Irish Lions 2nd Test (Melbourne)

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Nah, I'd pick Cummins over Tomane as well.

Badger has a playing style I love, and also has the runs on the board at the top level. I haven't been blown away by Tomane this year, and I think he is fortunate to be behind a good pack and on the end of a good backline.

But JT is a Deans favourite I think, so I'd expect him to start.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
How many injury’s will it take this year for Deans to Pick Cummins? He and Tomane should have been in front of digby who has been out of form the last 2 years. Cummins should start this week he Folou and Beale would reek havoc

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
There seems to be a bit of Force v Brumbies coming into the argument about who should start on the wing. Let me bring a neutral's perspective to the table. I think Cummins should start, he's earned it and should match up well defensively with the big Lions wingers who caused some damage on the weekend.

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'll put my hat in for Cummins as well, nothing against Tomane he's a class player, I just think he's more of a classic finisher style of winger and having Cummins would bring a nice balance to the back 3 assuming Beale starts at 15. Cummins runs and tackles hard and never takes a step back, he goes looking for work too which is what we need from whoever replaces Digby. Not to mention he's got runs on the board versus the Northern Hemisphere teams. I do fully expect Tomane to start though.

In a few months it will be a moot point with Speight being eligible anyway.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Nah, I'd pick Cummins over Tomane as well.

Badger has a playing style I love, and also has the runs on the board at the top level. I haven't been blown away by Tomane this year, and I think he is fortunate to be behind a good pack and on the end of a good backline.

But JT is a Deans favourite I think, so I'd expect him to start.
Not only that but I reckon the HB is good for team morale - not that i know anything about Tomane in that context, of course.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Anyone notice Farrell changed the Lions defense to a drift? Was it to make the Aussies think a bit or because of England's failure against Australia last year with the rush defense?

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Cummins v Tomane

I'm not too fused. I think there is a fair few people out there that see Cummins as an unremarkable player. I certainly voiced that opinion last year, but then he performed brilliantly on the wing for aus; played with the type of fire and passion deserving of the Wallabies jersey.

I think Tomane is probably a bit more skilful in attack. Cummins doesn't really fit the "impact player" mould we generally go for in our wingers. Nevertheless I'd have complete confidence that if he is chosen he'll play with a lot of energy, make his tackles count and will put his body on the line all night long.

I'd probably go with whoever is least likely to get injured

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
I just read an article where JOC (James O'Connor) says Lilo was the planned kicker for last week. I hope he kicks this week.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Anyone know if Matt To'omua have been drafted in? Takes the ball to the line a tough defender and a very good attacking kicker. Would love to see him get the nod and O Connor move out wider

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
While we're on the topic of Wallaby wingers, is anyone else salivating at the prospect of having Folau on one wing and Speight on the other later this year? Also, will Speight be eligible by RC or just Spring Tour?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yes Cassius88 I am! Digby's planned departure has probably avoided an awkward discussion between him and whoever the Wallabies coach is when Henry becomes eligible. ;)

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Honey Badger will play at 110% which in this environment means he'll score two tries through people then get carted off trying it a third time so we might need both of them....still want him to do one of his famed carry backs straight at North. Sort of like taking the other guy's queen and sacrificing yours. post match MOM speech would be worth its weight in gold.:D

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyone know if Matt To'omua have been drafted in? Takes the ball to the line a tough defender and a very good attacking kicker. Would love to see him get the nod and O Connor move out wider

I believe this only happened in my dreams........ alas.........

Status
Not open for further replies.