• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia vs British and Irish Lions 2nd Test (Melbourne)

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
Do they really look sober??? I don't think so.

419358-beale-and-o-039-connor.jpg

just checkin and all, that was a joke right?

tho in this case it is very misplaced, one 'good' thing about the kerfuffle over this (and I dare hardly use the word lest it dignify the outrage) 'incident' is it serves to show the yawning gap between the fans of the two codes.

Leaguies get all fluffed up when people dare suggest that instances of complete thuggery get removed from their game-that the field is NOT some scared ground where every normal standards of human behaviour can be ignored.

It is most clear that by and large union followers expect and demand far higher standards of conduct, not only the way the game is played on the field but moral standards of conduct off the field too.

The last is where it can go off the rails as we all have our line in the sand at very different places, but at least we DO have lines in the sand.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Rumours in the Irish & UK press that Lydiate and SOB will be on the bench with Chief Ruck Inspector and 13.5 Tom Croft covering the locks from 6

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Do they really look sober??? I don't think so.

Get off it mate. What about this picture suggests they are not sober?? You do realise its about 3am when this photo is taken.

This whole story is a storm in a tea cup and its no surprise that the story originally came from a UK journo. Common sense says that if these guys were pissed, we'd know about it.

It's an attempt to create disharmony among the team, nothing more. I'm not surprised that its posted on here by an Irishman/supporter.

I hate this idea that footy players should lock themselves away in a room during the footy series, (Lions series, State of Origin, etc.) because they are somehow beholden to fans' demands. rubbish. It was their day off and they can spend it however they want. The ARU told them they could go out to support their Rebels teammates.

I'd wager that there is more than a few people on this board, such as myself, that have more important jobs than kicking a football around (surgeons, lawyers, etc) that go out and have all nighters on the piss on the weekend. By some people's ridulous standards, that is clearly worthy of being sacked.

There is a lot of people riding very high horses

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
09:11 27Jun13 RTRS-Rugby-Australia team to play Lions in second testalia Robbie Deans named the following team to play the British and Irish Lions in the second game of their three-test series at Docklands Stadium on Saturday.
Australia: 15-Kurtley Beale, 14-Israel Folau, 13-Adam Ashley-Cooper, 12-Christian Leali'ifano, 11-Joe Tomane, 10-James O'Connor, 9-Will Genia, 8-Wycliff Palu, 7-Michael Hooper, 6-Ben Mowen, 5-James Horwill (captain), 4-Kane Douglas, 3-Ben Alexander, 2-Stephen Moore, 1-Benn Robinson
Replacements: 16-Saia Fainga'a, 17-James Slipper, 18-Sekope Kepu, 19-Rob Simmons, 20-Liam Gill, 21-Nick Phipps, 22-Rob Horne, 23-Jesse Mogg

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
09:11 27Jun13 RTRS-Rugby-Australia team to play Lions in second testalia Robbie Deans named the following team to play the British and Irish Lions in the second game of their three-test series at Docklands Stadium on Saturday.
Australia:
15-Kurtley Beale,
14-Israel Folau,
13-Adam Ashley-Cooper,
12-Christian Leali'ifano,
11-Joe Tomane,
10-James O'Connor,
9-Will Genia,
8-Wycliff Palu,
7-Michael Hooper,
6-Ben Mowen,
5-James Horwill (captain),
4-Kane Douglas,
3-Ben Alexander,
2-Stephen Moore,
1-Benn Robinson

Replacements:
16-Saia Fainga'a,
17-James Slipper,
18-Sekope Kepu,
19-Rob Simmons,
20-Liam Gill,
21-Nick Phipps,
22-Rob Horne,
23-Jesse Mogg

formatting

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Disappointed that Simmons is there. He was playing well a couple of years ago but hasn't impressed of late and I think someone like Kimlin or MMM brings more to the table. Smith should be in the team somewhere, with the series on the line you want that guy around the ruck although he is underdone. Well done mogg, weird though when the last player added to the squad makes the team.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Micky Arthur, Sorry Robbie Deans has lost control of these 2 little punks.
Booze or no booze, should beale be around the temptation just a few weeks after all he has been through. And JOC (James O'Connor) should be in bed thinking how to improve his game and becoming a play maker not selfish player that keeps taking on the defence. If he was playing 12 fine he can crash the ball up as he is fantastic at that being such a small but strong little prick that gains good meters,but right now the wallabies need the 9-10 combo ready to spread the ball QUICK
Understand the importance of being with the your team, but right now there responsibility is with the wallabies. We are 1 zip in the series and this lions team wants to win. Booze or no booze late nights and no rest is just as bad and the extra attension is not really needed. Even if it is rest day today, I think its irresponsible and they should have a curfue to remove themselves or players from being involved in any incident that may occur in public.

Now for the this weeks game, I don't know I'm very nervous about it.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Thought the HB and Smith would have made the 23, but I guess that Smith mustn't be match fit. Decent 23, the pack I think will have the upper hand with POC and Corbiserio injured

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
why did they bring him in?
dont we have some younger up and comer who might have soaked up the vibe in camp for a future call up?

Maybe they want the reverse to happen. You've got some extremely young players there who could benefit from having such an experienced guy just to talk to and act as a calming influence.

Or maybe Deans wants to unleash the Kraken in the third match and is getting him accustom to the calls etc.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Maybe they want the reverse to happen. You've got some extremely young players there who could benefit from having such an experienced guy just to talk to and act as a calming influence.

Or maybe Deans wants to unleash the Kraken in the third match and is getting him accustom to the calls etc.
Why does he have to be added to the squad if that's what he's there for? why cant they add another tyro and bring Smith in as a consultant?
Perhaps its an accounting thing o_O

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
I think it's likely that Deans didn't want to risk an underdone Smith on the second test but has every intention of including him in the third. I think that's a really good looking team if JOC (James O'Connor) can actually perform and we can stave off injuries for at least the 1st half.

As for the JOC (James O'Connor)/Beale "storm in a teacup"; I'm all for them supporting their team mates and even going to the after match function, but why do they need to be out till 4am, drinking or not? They're adults and they shouldn't need a curfew. They should realise that even with the day off the next day, they could probably benefit from being home by 1am. It may not be a huge deal but it's just another chapter in a long line of 'up-yours' to the ARU. The sooner To'omua/Foley/Speight are ready for inclusion, the sooner JOC (James O'Connor) can go and spend his days primping around the south of France. Good riddance.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Wallabies:

Benn Robinson,
Stephen Moore,
Ben Alexander,
James Horwill (c),
Kane Douglas,
Ben Mowen,
Michael Hooper,
Wycliff Palu,
Will Genia,
James O'Connor,
Joe Tomane,
Christian Lealiifano,
Adam Ashley-Cooper,
Israel Folau,
Kurtley Beale.

Res:
Saia Fainga'a,
James Slipper,
Sekope Kepu,
Rob Simmons,
Liam Gill,
Nick Phipps,
Rob Horne,
Jesse Mogg.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...second-test-20130627-2oyct.html#ixzz2XN44g8v3

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
"See over there - thats where I'll be heading if you f*ck up this week"
"I've still got some of that flame grilled burger on my lips"

Attachments

• RS-060613--20130606184844760512-620x349.jpg
    RS-060613--20130606184844760512-620x349.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 225
Status
Not open for further replies.