• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024. Sep 21, Sep 28

Australia vs NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024 Sep 21, Sep 28

• not watching this

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • call it off

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • cripple fight

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Soup Rugby shits and giggles 52-44 scenario

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • NZ 2-0

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 1-1

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Aus 2-0

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Would somebody PLEASE hold me?

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Mummy! I said hold me!

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • "Mr Cyclo! Stop holding mummy! Mr Cyclo is the bad man, mummy!"

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

dru

David Wilson (68)
Dru, Pietsch plays 11 and he has been better all year than MK has shown in TRC. And after the event, he had a very good cameo off the bench this game. Also Toole is a step up on Kellaway. Surely, everyone can now see what a liability AK (Andrew Kellaway) (Andrew Kellaway) is in defence. Has been all year. I hope some influential people have had their eyes opened this game.

mate I'd take K over Pietsch at 11. It's gopt little to do with how Pietsch goes in the open, nor having a higher ceiling. Pietsch will get there, but I definitely prefer Koroibete at 11 in traffic.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
mate I'd take K over Pietsch at 11. It's gopt little to do with how Pietsch goes in the open, nor having a higher ceiling. Pietsch will get there, but I definitely prefer Koroibete at 11 in traffic.
why? when did he show anything that was good tonight ? I think he made one tackle bust. probabaly 20 run meters if lucky. he knocked the ball on unforced when we had good scoring opportunities. DP wouldn't do that.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Is it just me, or was that ref appalling!
Ref was fine. We got lucky with the forward passes which in turn the ABs got lucky with their inability to stay on their feet at the ruck.

The Ref didn't dictate that result, the Wallabies in the first half rolling over did.

Biggest positive I can think of is, that All Blacks bench is vulnerable. 3 points in 40 minutes of footy is incredible.

capalaba

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I hope noone takes credit away from Wallabies how well they came back. I know they didn't win, but by the powers they didn't lie down and hand game over!!!
What is there to be proud about??? The last 20 minutes we played 15 against 13 and STILL lost. ABs bombed 3 trys a lot of people on this site are blowing smoke up their own asses and this post is another example.

Thank you Stevie Wonder for your opinion of the game. By the way we lost, and lost the Bledisloe.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Dru, Pietsch plays 11 and he has been better all year than MK has shown in TRC. And after the event, he had a very good cameo off the bench this game. Also Toole is a step up on Kellaway. Surely, everyone can now see what a liability AK (Andrew Kellaway) (Andrew Kellaway) is in defence. Has been all year. I hope some influential people have had their eyes opened this game.
Defense is certainly not Kellaway’s strength, but that’s not why he’s in the team. I’m not entirely sold on Toole being a step up in Laurie’s passive defense structure. He’s fast but I can’t really see him sitting Reiko at full steam on his arse. To be clear, I’m all for giving him a shot on the tour, but not for his defensive prowess.

Reactions: dru

dru

David Wilson (68)
Ref was fine. We got lucky with the forward passes which in turn the ABs got lucky with their inability to stay on their feet at the ruck.

The Ref didn't dictate that result, the Wallabies in the first half rolling over did.

Biggest positive I can think of is, that All Blacks bench is vulnerable. 3 points in 40 minutes of footy is incredible.

I thought the ref was good. As usual I'm not convinced on the video ref involvements. Ref's conversation was pretty clear, he allowed a reasonably free-flowing game. too much time out for water at the end but only over injuries. Ref calls could easily have determined that game, but didn't.

He was fine, I'd be happy to see him again.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Defense is certainly not Kellaway’s strength, but that’s not why he’s in the team. I’m not entirely sold on Toole being a step up in Laurie’s passive defense structure. He’s fast but I can’t really see him sitting Reiko at full steam on his arse. To be clear, I’m all for giving him a shot on the tour, but not for his defensive prowess.
Toole was key to the brumbies defence this year in cover - his pace patched a lot of holes around a relatively high missed tackle rate. I do agree it might not work so well at test level though.