• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024. Sep 21, Sep 28

Australia vs NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024 Sep 21, Sep 28

• not watching this

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • call it off

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • cripple fight

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Soup Rugby shits and giggles 52-44 scenario

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • NZ 2-0

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 1-1

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Aus 2-0

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Would somebody PLEASE hold me?

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Mummy! I said hold me!

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • "Mr Cyclo! Stop holding mummy! Mr Cyclo is the bad man, mummy!"

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

Yoda

Alex Ross (28)
White for his experience and has the best pass. Donaldson because he’s our best attacking 10 and needs regular starting Tests to be judged fairly… remember Noah has at least 10 more and is not superior.. Stewart because he’s a great footballer and defender…Paisami apparently not a great communicator and a bit one dimensional….and all three have a great combination together ….just my thoughts obviously.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Totally expecting NZ's leaderless mental midgets to embrace the C word this week.

Complacency.

"African tours over?, sweet, time to let loose for some soup-style run-and-gun hot potato bullshit against the hopeless aussies before the screws get tightened again for the Northern tour."

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Totally expecting NZ's leaderless mental midgets to embrace the C word this week.

Complacency.

"African tours over?, sweet, time to let loose for some soup-style run-and-gun hot potato bullshit against the hopeless aussies before the screws get tightened again for the Northern tour."

No, no, no, no, no...

You haven't played this game before?

The All Blacks at a low, the Wallabies with a home test and just a slither of hope being talked up in the media...

We're getting trounced, followed by dozens of pages discussing which players should never play for the Wallabies again.

And then maybe we'll reminisce again about how great Chris Whitaker supposedly was...

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
And then maybe we'll reminisce again about how great Chris Whitaker supposedly was...
damo.jpg

".....and James Slipper was never an elite prop, mate..... never f***** elite....."

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
This is why I come to these forii, just to listen to kiwi's remind me of how superior the AB's are, and how crap Aus Rugby is.
Why bother coming here when you can just watch youtube clips from any Bledisloe in the last 20 years, the last RWC or the last Argentina game?

The funny thing is that I don't think any of the AB fans here have said anything like how superior the ABs are.

I'm hoping for a good game. Both teams - including the coaching staff - are hurting and will want to make a statement about who they are.... in fact, the AB coaches probably need a top notch performance more than Schmidt & Co.

Schmidt can get away with being competitive but Razor really needs a dominant performance.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
If you can't laugh at it mate...
Oh, I can laugh at it. I should have put the /sarcasm thing in there.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a good game too. Both teams are coming off losses and will be wanting to put out the best game possible.

Just realised that both teams are also playing off for the wooden spoon.

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
Oh, I can laugh at it. I should have put the /sarcasm thing in there.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a good game too. Both teams are coming off losses and will be wanting to put out the best game possible.

Just realised that both teams are also playing off for the wooden spoon.

If its a draw SANZAR will be implementing the new protocol for a resolution of results. It will be a Trans-Tasman dance off, Razor against Raygun. The crowds want it, make it happen.

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Darby Loudon (17)
He was a beam of hope when you look at the like of our 2007 WC props of Dunning, Holmes, Shepherdson and the huff and puff of the fraud that was Al Baxter.

He's heading towards the end of his career but until he's being outplayed by other Aussies it feels like piling on for the sake of it. Especially in a squad that probably needs a few older heads to give leadership.
Baxter was before my time. Why was he a fraud?

Yoda

Alex Ross (28)
Not sure that fraud is the word I‘d use? He wasn’t our best, nor our worst prop. Although as an ex 10, all I wanted the forwards to do was win the ball and give it to the backs! Andrew Heath, circa 1996-1997 would be a prop that, let’s just say was lucky to get a Wallaby jersey. Noone picks themselves I acknowledge that but I think Greg Smith was our Wallaby coach at the time and being an ex Easts coach, picked some dubious Easts players. Heath was one of his ‘best’ choices.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Big lump of a bloke, but thrown in the deep end of Test rugby with a serious injury to one of our best-ever THPs in Ben Darwin.

Nothing we had in Australia could prepare him for the cauldron of Test Rugby. Like a lot of rugby players here, got by on being bigger and a little better than his peers.

The guy who challenged him for the Wallaby THP position at one point had the nickname "Pot Plant" due to his poor mobility. Could scrum tho, Dave Fitter.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Al Baxter (also known as the "fuse") played THP for the Wallabies in two Rugby World Cups, seven Tri Nation Tournaments and 12 seasons of Super Rugby, all with the Tahs. With a record like that, it might be hard to see why anyone would label him a fraud. However, he really had a hard time against any and all of the top LHPs around the world. He did have the best "ugly face" of any prop at the time and you'd think by his expression he was about to eat the opposing prop. Unfortunately for Al, he never really got to dine out on anyone.

He is an architect and I understand has had a hand in a lot of sporting facility designs around the country.

Yoda

Alex Ross (28)
Al Baxter (also known as the "fuse") played THP for the Wallabies in two Rugby World Cups, seven Tri Nation Tournaments and 12 seasons of Super Rugby, all with the Tahs. With a record like that, it might be hard to see why anyone would label him a fraud. However, he really had a hard time against any and all of the top LHPs around the world. He did have the best "ugly face" of any prop at the time and you'd think by his expression he was about to eat the opposing prop. Unfortunately for Al, he never really got to dine out on anyone.

He is an architect and I understand has had a hand in a lot of sporting facility designs around the country.
If you see him now, you would never in a million years think he was a Test prop.