• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024. Sep 21, Sep 28

Australia vs NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024 Sep 21, Sep 28

• not watching this

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • call it off

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • cripple fight

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Soup Rugby shits and giggles 52-44 scenario

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • NZ 2-0

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 1-1

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Aus 2-0

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Would somebody PLEASE hold me?

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Mummy! I said hold me!

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • "Mr Cyclo! Stop holding mummy! Mr Cyclo is the bad man, mummy!"

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

Yoda

Alex Ross (28)
Maybe you were in nappies when Chris Whittaker played? So you missed the game of tahs v brumbies where he handed Gregan his arse. He was far in front of Gregan for the last few years when Gregan slowed down and spent more time standing at the back of the breakdown than running around the pitch. A good player played at least 2 seasons too many.
Thank you Stillmissit. Someone who knows rugby!

zer0

John Thornett (49)
The NZ scrum just might not be at the Saffa and Puma level this year too.

I'm no scrum expert but, based on Eden Park - where the Pumas had to actually scrummage - and the two South African tests, the All Black scrum would be ahead of the Pumas and level with the Boks. Ryan has also intimated that they'll be attacking the scrum this weekend. The front-rowers still won't be at full strength with Newell out (and de Groot in), but could see Pasilio Tosi off the bench.

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
The front-rowers still won't be at full strength with Newell out (and de Groot in), but could see Pasilio Tosi off the bench.

Given how poor the bench has performed in The Rugby Championship I wouldn't be too quick to label Newell first choice. Tosi has a chance to make a bench role his in my view.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Given how poor the bench has performed in The Rugby Championship I wouldn't be too quick to label Newell first choice. Tosi has a chance to make a bench role his in my view.
Did we have a bench in SA?

Someone should have let Razor know....

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Maybe you were in nappies when Chris Whittaker played? So you missed the game of tahs v brumbies where he handed Gregan his arse. He was far in front of Gregan for the last few years when Gregan slowed down and spent more time standing at the back of the breakdown than running around the pitch. A good player played at least 2 seasons too many.

Oh no, I remember all the Daily Telegraph articles, and the Bob Dwyer (who may have been in nappies at this time) editorials telling us how much better he supposedly was…

This arse handing moment isn’t so memorable though?

But maybe you two can start a separate thread about how great the Chris Whitaker era of the Waratahs was, while the rest of us focus on the present.

Last edited:

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Did we have a bench in SA?

Someone should have let Razor know....
Yeah, I was also confused about that. I don't think he'll make the same mistake against Aus. (Or it won't matter as AB's will be a cricket score ahead)

EDIT: Being overly pessimistic here - quite happy to be wrong.....

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Baxter was before my time. Why was he a fraud?
Fraud might have been a tad harsh but he was nowhere near the level needed to be competitive. Is it his fault he's picked? No, but he was all huff and puff and no real grunt. Getting through 80 is good but he was also very ineffective through 80.

Anyways, apologies for starting another depressing rabbit hole journey that has somehow ended up with the wet blanket that was Chris Whittaker. Give me Champagne Sam Payne any day. If only he went to Randwick and not Easts....

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
Just watched highlights of last years bledisloe game 2. We played very well, got a good lead and should have won . Then everything went to shit after that.

Only about 6 in the starting lineup still starting now so a big change. Tom Hooper looked like a standout at 6, I think we should be giving him more opportunities/game time
Yeah we were 20-20 and had a 4 on 2 where Quade dropped the ball and couldn't close out the game

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
I actually can't believe you want the 9,10,12 from the worst super rugby australian team to start for the wallabies against the all-blacks. Give me a break. Most braindead thing ive seen on this forum in a while
Dusk

The force beat the Tahs (who finished last) 27-7

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Oh no, I remember all the Daily Telegraph articles, and the Bob Dwyer (who may have been in nappies at this time) editorials telling us how much better he supposedly was…

This arse handing moment isn’t so memorable though?

But maybe you two can start a separate thread about how great the Chris Whitaker era of the Waratahs was, while the rest of us focus on the present.

That era included the 96-19 game didn't it, where Bob was the coach and Whitaker was the scrum half?

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
White for his experience and has the best pass. Donaldson because he’s our best attacking 10 and needs regular starting Tests to be judged fairly… remember Noah has at least 10 more and is not superior.. Stewart because he’s a great footballer and defender…Paisami apparently not a great communicator and a bit one dimensional….and all three have a great combination together ….just my thoughts obviously.
I’ll let BR address this for me.

notdeadyet

Frank Nicholson (4)
This is why I come to these forii, just to listen to kiwi's remind me of how superior the AB's are, and how crap Aus Rugby is.
john s, english was by far my worst subject but methinks something i snot quite right here ...
like the post though

Yoda

Alex Ross (28)
I’ll give it a crack….definitely not the side I would pick but this could be Joe’s.

1. Angus Bell
2. Matt Faesslar
3. Taniela Tupou
4. Nick Frost
5. Lukhan Salakai-Loto
6. Rob Valetini
7. Fraser McReight
8. Harry Wilson (c)
9. Tate McDermott
10. Noah Lolesio
11. Marika Koroibete
12. Hunter Paisami
13. Len Ikitau
14. Andrew Kellaway
15. Tom Wright
16. Brandon Paenga-Amosa
17. James Slipper
18. Allan Ala‘alatoa
19. Jeremy Williams
20. Langi Gleeson
21. Nic White
22. Tom Lynagh
23. Dylan Pietsch

If we get within 20 points with this side I think that’s a positive.