• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024. Sep 21, Sep 28

Australia vs NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024 Sep 21, Sep 28

• not watching this

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • call it off

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • cripple fight

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Soup Rugby shits and giggles 52-44 scenario

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • NZ 2-0

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 1-1

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Aus 2-0

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Would somebody PLEASE hold me?

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Mummy! I said hold me!

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • "Mr Cyclo! Stop holding mummy! Mr Cyclo is the bad man, mummy!"

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Why would he? He is not a 10. LC I agree is the best. Toole to debut against ABs? Don’t think so… a tough initiation… but maybe it’s a risk worth trying? We do have to score plenty of tries to beat the All Blacks.
Stephen Larkham was not a 10, until he was...
Not saying Jorgenson should, or will, play 10, but he is a good footballer with good instincts for where the space is. Nothing is impossible.

Mr Pilfer

Dave Cowper (27)
Why would he? He is not a 10. LC I agree is the best. Toole to debut against ABs? Don’t think so… a tough initiation… but maybe it’s a risk worth trying? We do have to score plenty of tries to beat the All Blacks.
I think if you were going to debut him you would at least do it for this home game
There is never going to be a good time to debut, let’s face it we are going to be underdogs on every game of the end of year tour

Hogan

Herbert Moran (7)
Not saying Jorgenson should, or will, play 10, but he is a good footballer with good instincts for where the space is. Nothing is impossible.
Ridiculous suggestion.

There is a lot more to playing 10 than having “good instincts for where the space is.” Those instincts are much more suited at 15 where there is more space to take advantage of. For one, Jorgensen doesn’t have a strong kicking game which is so important in the modern game. And how would he fare with his game management having never played there? Many pundits seem to think that we can throw an inexperienced, untested player into the 10 position who has little or no experience like Jorgensen, Kellaway and Wright and all of a sudden they become world class playmakers overnight. Doesn’t happen.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Ridiculous suggestion.

There is a lot more to playing 10 than having “good instincts for where the space is.” Those instincts are much more suited at 15 where there is more space to take advantage of. For one, Jorgensen doesn’t have a strong kicking game which is so important in the modern game. And how would he fare with his game management having never played there? Many pundits seem to think that we can throw an inexperienced, untested player into the 10 position who has little or no experience like Jorgensen, Kellaway and Wright and all of a sudden they become world class playmakers overnight. Doesn’t happen.
Did you actually read my post, or just go into frothing mode? :rolleyes:
Yes, that is a rhetorical question.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
It's not dumb suggestion at all. I think its a few years off but when he establishes himself as a presence on a field I expect him to at least slot in there quite a bit in game and who knows what comes of it down the line. Is he a better fullback? Probably, but we aren't flush with great 10s so he may get a chance at least for the Tahs at some point.

We have a lot of comments about our lack of Centres which is real. I personally think Tom Wright is an option at 12. He's not small and is probably the best 1v1 attacker we have who can also kick and pass with great off the mark pace. Defensively he has been missing at times in some Brumby games but I don't want to trash Fullbacks too much in Rugby as they are only required to tackle when everyone else has massively fucked up and it's hard to stop a run away try situation.

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
GXUVckSb0AAe2To.jpeg

Paisami set to be fit for Wellington

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I expect McReight, Paisami and Tom Wright to come into the XV straight away and Kailea to return to the bench as well. Slipper might never be seen again.

Would love to see Paenga-Amosa too given our scrum woes.
Paisami is being given every chance to be fit for the first test, but is apparently more likely for Wellington.

I'd also have Salakaia-Loto coming straight into the 23 too, probably starting ahead of Frost at this stage. Drop Gleeson out either to keep Tizzano, keep Canham (with Frost starting and Williams the bench backrow) or to bring in Tom Hooper. Whoever is in that role needs to be capable of bringing added effort, energy and impact and Gleeson just hasn't been up to it this year.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Paisami is being given every chance to be fit for the first test, but is apparently more likely for Wellington.

I'd also have Salakaia-Loto coming straight into the 23 too, probably starting ahead of Frost at this stage. Drop Gleeson out either to keep Tizzano, keep Canham (with Frost starting and Williams the bench backrow) or to bring in Tom Hooper. Whoever is in that role needs to be capable of bringing added effort, energy and impact and Gleeson just hasn't been up to it this year.
Whoops forgot about Salakaia-Loto. Big agree.

Unavailable for selection
Kurtley Beale
Charlie Cale
Filipo Daugunu
Harry Johnson-Holmes
Bayley Kuenzle
Rob Leota
Lachlan Lonergan
David Porecki
Blake Schoupp
Liam Wright

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I didn't think Daugunu would be returning anytime soon...

Despite Cam Shepherd calling for him to play outside centre next week.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)

I'm not sure Josh did enough in his short cameo to over-ride his 3 missed tackles, although it wasn't a game I watched for a second time like I usually do so I may have missed something. I thought Gleeson was pretty good off the bench the week prior when he came on for Tizzano and I wondered if that was meant to be the plan last week instead of for Valetini, we don't need an outright #7 for a 15 minute impact play, agree Hooper could fit the role as well.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I'm not sure Josh did enough in his short cameo to over-ride his 3 missed tackles, although it wasn't a game I watched for a second time like I usually do so I may have missed something. I thought Gleeson was pretty good off the bench the week prior when he came on for Tizzano and I wondered if that was meant to be the plan last week instead of for Valetini, we don't need an outright #7 for a 15 minute impact play, agree Hooper could fit the role as well.
Canham is not my first choice of those options but it does allow us to spell both locks where we look more in need of it (and are generally less settled). I do give a debutant arriving into that shitshow a bit of leeway, but I do also think he offers more than Gleeson though, who has looked unsure of himself and the systems we are trying to play. There was nothing I saw of him in the first Argentina game (1 carry for no metres, 0 tackles) that suggested he's adding much off the bench, certainly not with McReight back and Tizzano an option in that role.

Mr Arie

Herbert Moran (7)
Canham is not my first choice of those options but it does allow us to spell both locks where we look more in need of it (and are generally less settled). I do give a debutant arriving into that shitshow a bit of leeway, but I do also think he offers more than Gleeson though, who has looked unsure of himself and the systems we are trying to play. There was nothing I saw of him in the first Argentina game (1 carry for no metres, 0 tackles) that suggested he's adding much off the bench, certainly not with McReight back and Tizzano an option in that role.
he played 7 minutes...