• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024. Sep 21, Sep 28

Australia vs NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024 Sep 21, Sep 28

• not watching this

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • call it off

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • cripple fight

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Soup Rugby shits and giggles 52-44 scenario

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • NZ 2-0

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 1-1

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Aus 2-0

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Would somebody PLEASE hold me?

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Mummy! I said hold me!

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • "Mr Cyclo! Stop holding mummy! Mr Cyclo is the bad man, mummy!"

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
1 - Bell
2 - Faessler
3 - Tupou
4 - Frost
5 - LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6 - Valetini
7 - McReight
8 - Wilson
9 - Gordon
10 - Lolesio
11 - Toole
12 - Stewart
13 - Ikitau
14 - Wright
15 - Kellaway

16 - BPA
17 - Kailea
18 - AA
19 - Williams
20 - Wright/Gleeson
21 - McDermott
22 - Donaldson
23 - Jorgensen

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Assume you have McKenzie at 10.

I'd prefer Proctor at centre and look at Ioane at RW; neither Telea nor Reece have impressed so far. If de Groot is available then start him and shift Williams to the bench for impact. Personally wouldn't want to have both starting locks coming back from injury so would retain Vaa'i as the starter with Tuipulotu or Darry on the bench. And see if there's a way to get Lakai into the squad and put him on the bench while telling Sititi to go full throttle for the first half.

EDIT: And start Aumua with Taylor on the bench. That would give a bench of:

16. Taylor
17. Williams
18. Newell
19. Tuipulotu
20. Lakai
21. Hotham
22. Plummer
23. Barrett

I'd be tempted to start Plummer as well, but rookies at 10 + 13 would be dicey and Prcotor would probably provide the more immediate impact.
Yep...I did forget McKenzie.

Is Barrett coming back from injury?

I hadn't thought about deGroot so that's a good pick-up. Drop Ofa for deGroot who goes into the starting with Williams on the bench. I like that. I've edited my team :)

Yoda

Alex Ross (28)
1 - Bell
2 - Faessler
3 - Tupou
4 - Frost
5 - LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6 - Valetini
7 - McReight
8 - Wilson
9 - Gordon
10 - Donaldson
11 - Koroibete
12 - Stewart
13 - Ikitau
14 - Wright
15 - Kellaway

16 - BPA
17 - Kailea
18 - AA
19 - Williams
20 - Wright/Gleeson
21 - McDermott
22 - Lolesio
23 - Jorgensen

Hopefully McReight is fit. Donaldson needs another start. Surely Marika can’t play 3 bad games in a row? Agree Kellaway better at the back than on the wing. Wright has more pace. They interchange a bit anyway.

Do simple things well. Make their tackles and put their defence into two minds. And …. We can win…
Always hopeful of our boys.

Hogan

Herbert Moran (7)
1 - Bell
2 - Faessler
3 - Tupou
4 - Frost
5 - LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6 - Valetini
7 - McReight
8 - Wilson
9 - Gordon
10 - Donaldson
11 - Koroibete
12 - Stewart
13 - Ikitau
14 - Wright
15 - Kellaway

16 - BPA
17 - Kailea
18 - AA
19 - Williams
20 - Wright/Gleeson
21 - McDermott
22 - Lolesio
23 - Jorgensen

Hopefully McReight is fit. Donaldson needs another start. Surely Marika can’t play 3 bad games in a row? Agree Kellaway better at the back than on the wing. Wright has more pace. They interchange a bit anyway.

Do simple things well. Make their tackles and put their defence into two minds. And …. We can win…
Always hopeful of our boys.
Good looking team.

I’d like to see Donaldson given another start. He was one of our better players last weekend. It is no coincidence that the Wallabies have played their best attacking rugby with him at 10. He can really sniff out a gap and takes the ball to the line well. And I believe his Test goal kicking stats are now over 80+ percent.

Kellaway for me is the more complete 15. If not Wright on the wing, I’d love to see Toole be given a chance. He can turn a half gap into a try.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Good looking team.

I’d like to see Donaldson given another start. He was one of our better players last weekend. It is no coincidence that the Wallabies have played their best attacking rugby with him at 10. He can really sniff out a gap and takes the ball to the line well. And I believe his Test goal kicking stats are now over 80+ percent.

Kellaway for me is the more complete 15. If not Wright on the wing, I’d love to see Toole be given a chance. He can turn a half gap into a try.
So, you'd like to see our best, and only, attacking player moved out in favour of a player who has been well below par all season and has put in some very ordinary shifts at test level this year. And while Corey Toole can and does score some scintilating tries, we have to remember that it is invariably Tom Wright who is putting him away down the sideline on those exhilarating runs.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
My red hot take is a large part of the defensive issues on the weekend is because the Wobs missed Wright's leadership and organisation at the back.

He one of the few big personalities on the field at the momwnt

It's unseen on TV, but very evident at the ground and on the spider cam footage

I've said it before, but I think he's probably Schmidt's first name on the team sheet for this reason alone

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
My red hot take is a large part of the defensive issues on the weekend is because the Wobs missed Wright's leadership and organisation at the back.

He one of the few big personalities on the field at the momwnt

It's unseen on TV, but very evident at the ground and on the spider cam footage

I've said it before, but I think he's probably Schmidt's first name on the team sheet for this reason alone
That's Angus Bell I reckon. But he and Valetini probably share the next line.

Yoda

Alex Ross (28)
So, you'd like to see our best, and only, attacking player moved out in favour of a player who has been well below par all season and has put in some very ordinary shifts at test level this year. And while Corey Toole can and does score some scintilating tries, we have to remember that it is invariably Tom Wright who is putting him away down the sideline on those exhilarating runs.
Yes. I know you are a fan of Wright in the 15 jersey but I think Kellaway is too slow for a winger but plays better at the back. Wright has great speed and if put in space is hard to stop. They interchange a lot anyway… if Wright returns to fullback I’d put Kellaway on the bench and back Jorgensen again.

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
From the current squad, this is the team I'd like to see

1. deGroot
2. Taylor (Aumua has to begin starting soon - I just don't know when)
3. Lomax
4.Tuipulotu (if fit)
5. Barrett
6. Papali'i
7. Savea
8. Sititi
9. Ratima
10. McKenzie
11. Clarke
12. Barrett
13. Ioane
14. Tele'a
15. Jordan

16. Aumua
17. Williams
18. Newell
19. Vaa'i (if Tuipulotu plays)
20. Blackadder (Jacobson if Blackadder is not fit)
21. Hotham
22. Plummer
23. Barrett
Maybe it's all Dismal's propaganda, but I was looking at the list and thinking how an all Blues squad would go against the Wallabies.

Overtime

Chris McKivat (8)
People are starting to see what I saw with Donaldson a couple of years back though with Carter around I preferred Carter. With Carter gone now I switched to Jorgensen to be given a go at 10 at super rugby level at least. Definitely, though if Donaldson can minimise the silly areas he makes from time to time such as not kicking out on the full when we receive a penalty etc. then yes he could be the answer to our 10 woes. He is clearly the best 10 at putting people through gaps and has deceptive pace to take advantage of sluggish defense himself.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Yes. I know you are a fan of Wright in the 15 jersey but I think Kellaway is too slow for a winger but plays better at the back. Wright has great speed and if put in space is hard to stop. They interchange a lot anyway… if Wright returns to fullback I’d put Kellaway on the bench and back Jorgensen again.
So would I Yoda

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Jorgo will not get a run at 10 with the Tahs. They have Edmed, Bowen and Lawson Creighton. I reckon LC is the best of the 3.
I would start Toole next week and let Jorgo come off the bench, or have a rest.
Wright and McReight to slot straight back in. Kailea on to the bench.

Yoda

Alex Ross (28)
Jorgo will not get a run at 10 with the Tahs. They have Edmed, Bowen and Lawson Creighton. I reckon LC is the best of the 3.
I would start Toole next week and let Jorgo come off the bench, or have a rest.
Wright and McReight to slot straight back in. Kailea on to the bench.
Why would he? He is not a 10. LC I agree is the best. Toole to debut against ABs? Don’t think so… a tough initiation… but maybe it’s a risk worth trying? We do have to score plenty of tries to beat the All Blacks.