• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Aussie Player Exodus

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Being left out of this squad doesn’t mean he won’t play this year. I’ll say at least a third of this group drop out of it by the Bledisloe.

There’s also a chance reputations externally are having an influence. He would have done work on the Wallabies for a long time and know who they potentially didn’t rate.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Tuipulotu and Jack Dempsey won the URC and are heroes in Scotland:
Screenshot-20240622-190803-Instagram.jpg

Since they left Australia everything has been positive for them and on the other hand, everything has been negative for Wallabies and Waratahs :shock:

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Screenshot-20240622-190803-Instagram.jpg

Since they left Australia everything has been positive for them and on the other hand, everything has been negative for Wallabies and Waratahs :shock:
Well they are heroes around Glasgow at least. A bit like that Irish lock was a hero around Clovelly last year, along with all the other Randwick players. I’m not entirely sure that a couple of Aussie players winning the Scottish club comp is properly expressing the point you are trying to make.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)

Scotland spent $145m AUD last year. They have a much bigger budget than we do.

We will likely lose more players like these two off for money in the Scottish system (or like Hansen in the Irish one) in years to come

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
I’m not entirely sure that a couple of Aussie players winning the Scottish club comp is properly expressing the point you are trying to make.
But the United Rugby Championship isn't a Scottish club comp. It's played by South African, Irish, Welsh, Scottish, Italian. According some experts SA and Irish are on the top rugby nations nowadays and I remember how tough it was to play in South Africa for the best Aussie teams

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
The name of the topic is: "Aussie Player Exodus". Do I really have to explain it?
Yeah “Exodus” not ‘ex players rubbing our nose in it’

your not talking about players who are leaving like Holloway or Hanigan it’s just pointing out overseas players playing well who aren’t eligible for us anyway.

Do I wish Dempsey was running around here? Yeah of course, he’d be in the Wallabies squad easily.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Yeah “Exodus” not ‘ex players rubbing our nose in it’

your not talking about players who are leaving like Holloway or Hanigan it’s just pointing out overseas players playing well who aren’t eligible for us anyway.

Do I wish Dempsey was running around here? Yeah of course, he’d be in the Wallabies squad easily.
I always read updates about the expats here. I'd like to see you complain every time someone mentions the expats here