• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Aussie Player Exodus

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Does releasing these two now save any money? If they didn't play Wallabies this year, do they earn anything through this period? Or does their Super Rugby contract get paid over 12 months, with Wallabies payments as top-ups?

Hogie

Herbert Moran (7)
Those calling for reducing or doing away with restrictions on overseas players need to bear the following in mind as it is not as simple as we may think:
The fact is that players are leaving in numbers either for more coin or lack of playing opportunities in oz. The more we stay firm on this rule the more players like Meafou and soon Lucas and Hockings will represent other countries based on WR (World Rugby) weak eligibility rules.

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
Personally I don't believe that Nawaqanitawase should get the privilege of playing Olympics. Slap in the face 9f those staying in Union/7s
There’s certainly an argument for that.
It could be Rugby Australia being pragmatic and wanting to get the best players on the field, but I don’t think he’s that good- especially with His current physique.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Thought Phil Waugh was playing hard ball
Hopefully they did and either the Roosters and Titans coughed up for it or Mark and Carter agreed to be released for nothing and maybe we can shift some money to other guys.

Intrested to see where Mark ends up in all honesty. Dom Young aint losing a spot on the Wing and Tupou looks to be in re siging talks with the Roosters. He could be anywhere this time next year since they are quick to move on from someone if you aren't adding value. A lot of money to be running around in State Cup

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Thought their Super Rugby & Wallaby top-up is paid out over the year like any other salary. So they've probably earned some 'Wallaby' money but they won't be paid out remainder of their contract (however long that is).

I think there are additional match-day payments for those that make the 23 which they obviously won't be getting.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
There were reports earlier that the Rebels players had their 2024 contracts terminated on 30 June. If that's the case, I don't expect there would be any savings from releasing Carter Gordon early. Maybe someone can confirm or correct me.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Don’t think CG or Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) would have any wallaby money. Their last contracts they were not yet capped and became debutants on their most recent deal.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Mason is playing at the Kennel for the time being.

But I suspect there’s going to be a bunch of shute shield/qpr campaigns impacted by rebels players picking up contracts elsewhere.