• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Aussie Player Exodus

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
From the Daily Terror: (Courtesy of twitter)

7 Aussies to be granted early releases:
Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase)
Carter Gordon
Jordan Uelese
Izaia Perese
Josh Kemeny
Shed Hanigan
Lachie Swinton

GRmLTovbMAAv-0Z.jpg

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Remains an interesting decision from Uelese to me.

He was caught in 3 minds before the Rebels Quarter final and still very invested in getting revenge on Wales. The offer must have been serious.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Could very well be. Might depend on whether they wanted commitment to playing Super in 2024 before Wallaby selection got finalised.
Yes definitely could happen that way around as well. It certainly feels like they are having a bit of a purge, i.e. let all the uncommitted players go and start with a clean slate. It will be interesting to see what the foreign player policy is going forward, my gut feel is they will stick to the rule of 3 players who have done their time, at least for the time being. Koroibete, Kerevi, Skelton.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yes definitely could happen that way around as well. It certainly feels like they are having a bit of a purge, i.e. let all the uncommitted players go and start with a clean slate. It will be interesting to see what the foreign player policy is going forward, my gut feel is they will stick to the rule of 3 players who have done their time, at least for the time being. Koroibete, Kerevi, Skelton.
What a dumb way of doing it.

let’s not pick our best players, build with players from four domestic teams. We will lose another 15% of them overseas next year

Reactions: dru

Mr Pilfer

Jim Clark (26)
People always focus on the amount leaving but we do have quite a few coming back the other way so the key is to keep getting them. Quite a few have come back - BPA, Harry Potter, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Kellaway went and came back etc. Hopefully 2027 World Cup brings a lot back around then.