• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Aussie Player Exodus

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
BPA, FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a), Fessler, Uelese, Latu, Pollard, LL, Porecki, Mafi there's 9 straight off the top of my head & there is defiantly 3 available

Faessler and Pollard are in the squad already... Lonergan, Paenga-Amosa and Porceki are all injured.. So those 5 don't count.

Mafi... had had one of his worst seasons yet.. Latu is a grub...

Uelese is the only one who can count themselves unlucky, hardly the '7+ hookers' that you claimed though

Last edited:

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Off-field behaviour aside, Latu has been dominant for a very strong La Rochelle pack in a position of relative weakness for Australia.
He had no significant off field issues in his second stint with the Tahs did he? but he looked fairly ordinary.

Hogie

Herbert Moran (7)
What is the deal with Conal McInernay? He always looked reliable and similar to Porecki in that he does the basics of the position well.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
BPA, FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a), Fessler, Uelese, Latu, Pollard, LL, Porecki, Mafi there's 9 straight off the top of my head & there is defiantly 3 available
Why not add Jeremy Paul, Phil Kearns and Josh Mann-Rea while you're at it?

Hard to argue that anybody outside of Faessler, Nasser & Pollard deserved a call-up for this series. FF (Folau Fainga'a), Uelese, Latu, Mafi all signed overseas beyond this year. LL and Porecki injured. None of the three put a foot wrong, really.

Horton, Dolly, BPA might all come into the frame at some stage. It's a position of strength for us IMO

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
I’m not ready to call it a position of strength, but it is funny how things can change quickly. Suddenly we seem to have a core group who can throw and scrummage. I don’t see any of them going in to challenge for World XV anytime soon but having a couple of guys who can hit their lineout target consistently is on its own a big step forward for me.

Marce

Peter Sullivan (51)
A rugby player going to France needs to be celebrated like a basketballer going to the nba or a footballer going to one of the big Europe.
Wait a moment. Actually that's a bloody good example. NBA is by far the best basketball competition in the world and the USA's national basketball team is the number one team in Olympic Games and destroy any opposition.

So according to your own words. This pathway is gonna make France the best team in the world and they are gonna smash any opposition. That's it, you got the answer why we shouldn't celebrate thr exodus to France

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
Why not add Jeremy Paul, Phil Kearns and Josh Mann-Rea while you're at it?

Hard to argue that anybody outside of Faessler, Nasser & Pollard deserved a call-up for this series. FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a), Uelese, Latu, Mafi all signed overseas beyond this year. LL and Porecki injured. None of the three put a foot wrong, really.

Horton, Dolly, BPA might all come into the frame at some stage. It's a position of strength for us IMO
Dolly is definitely one to consider. Issue is he has already been capped by England, not sure on how long he will need to standdown until he can be considered for selection.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)