• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Aussie Player Exodus

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Sorry I may have misread the news, think I got France from where Rodda is going. Doesn't say yet for Uelese.
It comes after the two-time World Cup member, who famously was first selected by Michael Cheika for the Wallabies after just 28 minutes of Super Rugby action in 2017, signed with Montpellier in the French Top 14, The Roar understands.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Apparently Canham is off too :( :( :(
That's a big change from 2 weeks ago as well.

He never actually got capped for Aus A either to my recollection, which just adds value. EDIT: Hanigan in Jersey 19 for both Tonga and Portugal, Josh is unaligned. Wonder if he has a Scottish Granny...

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Apparently Canham is off too :( :( :(

it’s really grim at the moment

a lot of the media articles you see about player stocks indicates RA wants player X to sign with Waratahs

A great proposition when there’s no coach, a mass exodus of current players & being one of the most expensive cities in the world to call home.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
I genuinely don't understand what Rugby Australia have been doing for the past 4 months. Not a salty "they let my team die, their decisions have been awful", but "have they actually done anything resembling a days work?"

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
I genuinely don't understand what Rugby Australia have been doing for the past 4 months. Not a salty "they let my team die, their decisions have been awful", but "have they actually done anything resembling a days work?"
I don't think people realise what legal threats they were under while the Rebels saga unfolded. They were restricted in what conversations they could have with players still contracted by the Rebels

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
I don't think people realise what legal threats they were under while the Rebels saga unfolded. They were restricted in what conversations they could have with players still contracted by the Rebels
If that's the case, there's some room for alleviation there.

They've done nothing to make the Tahs an attractive place to go to though.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Can we assume then that Kailea, Salakai-Loto, Tupou, Leota, Daugunu and Lancaster have been retained? (and Kellaway)

Lost Kemeny, Canham, Uelese, C. Gordon. I would be happy if this is the case.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Can we assume then that Kailea, Salakai-Loto, Tupou, Leota, Daugunu and Lancaster have been retained? (and Kellaway)

I wouldn't even be confident in Leota staying.

You then got a whole list of guys that are still not confirmed, Mafi is confirmed for Japan.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Losing Kemeny and Canham is pretty unacceptable IMO. Both great players.

Reactions: Tex

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I'd say a lot of it is the Rebels players giving the bird to RA, which is entirely understandable. OTOH they clearly don't give a fuck about wearing the gold jersey so let them go. Alternatively they think they're that good that they'll be picked from overseas, let them go in that case too.