• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Aussie Player Exodus

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Wouldn’t surprise me to see the players union step in soon and we hear about a vote of no confidence in RA and try and force constitutional change or the set up of a completely new union.
The players' union already has a huge say in how things are run through the CBA and are voting members under the constitution.

They are inside the tent on all of this

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Fixed it for you
They would care less about that one for sure, but if you're a rugby player then playing for your country would be pretty high on the agenda. Like all jobs you make do with the best available offer until you can negotiate something better, the other franchises would offer them something if they thought they warranted it.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Think RA needs focus on getting signiture of Angelo Smith. He is a good young upcoming lock prospect. Not saying he would have been in the wallaby frame but he is a year closer to Australian eligibility.

now with Rodda/Canham out the door our super rugby teams can use the tall timber more than ever.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
For what it's worth, Michael Atkinson has just interviewed Schmidt, and is saying on twitter that Canham was very close to selection, and MA doesn't think Canham is going overseas.
That’s a good development.

Hope he sticks around. The improvement this year was noticeable

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Interestingly there is another Aussie who has signed as an undrafted free agent with Denver at Tight End from Utah who was an Aus Schoolboy Winger in 2017 out of Scots.

Thomas Yassmin. big bugger at 6'4, 114kg. Did a 40 time at 4.5 and LRZ who is 6'2 and 90kg did a 4.43... I'd back Petaia to do better than LRZ on speed with some added size.
He’s the brother of Christian “the Lebanese Lamborghini” Yassmin from Randwick.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
On Canham, I would imagine that if the coach selects Angus Blyth ahead of you, you may well consider the money overseas as a good option.
Dont say that, I said Swain might feel regret signing in oz for the next to years and some peanut said 'wE nEeD oUr PlAyErS hErE' and they shouldn't be upset that Angus fucking Blyth got selected before them..

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Dont say that, I said Swain might feel regret signing in oz for the next to years and some peanut said 'wE nEeD oUr PlAyErS hErE' and they shouldn't be upset that Angus fucking Blyth got selected before them..
@Adam84 you laughing made me laugh.. god I miss actually Australian Rugby playing already.. sad state when I don't give a fuck the final of Super Rugby is on.

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
lol Swain pushed himself out of test contention by making himself a target with stupid off the ball shit, same stuff he was still doing this Super Rugby season.

id like to see him earn his way back, just needs to cut the shit from his game.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
lol Swain pushed himself out of test contention by making himself a target with stupid off the ball shit, same stuff he was still doing this Super Rugby season.

id like to see him earn his way back, just needs to cut the shit from his game.
When did he do that this season? He had a bad run of it in the past, but it's not like Angus Blyth is some angel with his history, and Swains is a much better player, proven by keeping everyone's favorite Wallaby selection, Frost, on the bench. Him and Canham deserved to be selected in front of some others. Just on form and talent.

But they haven't been, and I don't know what else they can do when they select lesser players over you. I'm calling it now; both of them are better than Angus and been playing much better.

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
When did he do that this season? He had a bad run of it in the past, but it's not like Angus Blyth is some angel with his history, and Swains is a much better player, proven by keeping everyone's favorite Wallaby selection, Frost, on the bench. Him and Canham deserved to be selected in front of some others. Just on form and talent.

But they haven't been, and I don't know what else they can do when they select lesser players over you. I'm calling it now; both of them are better than Angus and been playing much better.
There have been several instances of Swain doing his usual silly shit off the ball this season - most of which hasn't been picked up, granted, but that doesn't mean he's actually cut it out. Reds v Brumbies Rd6 is one that I remember, where put an unnecessary and late hit/push on McDermott off a lineout.

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
I don’t love Blyth as a selection, but carrying on like Swain has some kind of entitlement to be there is a bit funny, he Is a good player when on form, he is also a massive liability through the dumb shit he does. Subsequent test coaches have overlooked him, there’s a message there.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I don’t love Blyth as a selection, but carrying on like Swain has some kind of entitlement to be there is a bit funny, he Is a good player when on form, he is also a massive liability through the dumb shit he does. Subsequent test coaches have overlooked him, there’s a message there.
I mentioned in today's blog that Blyth seems to have cleaned his act up regarding penalties and cards. Granted it's a small sample size though, so he may just not of had the chance to stuff up yet. anyway this is not the thread for this.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
There have been several instances of Swain doing his usual silly shit off the ball this season - most of which hasn't been picked up, granted, but that doesn't mean he's actually cut it out. Reds v Brumbies Rd6 is one that I remember, where put an unnecessary and late hit/push on McDermott off a lineout.
What ever his been fine, no refs called him at all.. you know why because it was nothing in it... I suppose Angus Blyth didn't play enough to actually do dumb shit. He spent a while lot less time off the field then golden boy Tate this year

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Surely this should have marked Blyth’s card as never to be selected
1719057920029.jpeg