• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Aussie Player Exodus

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
I think the option of going home to Qld could have been quite high in his decision tree

Good luck to the guy, I hope he kills it, if he was driven by $$$ I am sure he could have had better options O/S playing rugby

and if it doesn't work out he can always come back, stronger and fitter
It means we’re stuck with Donaldson and Lolesio though for the Wallabies this year (and next).

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
This is probably the worst Australian fly halves generation. Quade Cooper looks like Michael Lynagh if you compare with these rookies so good luck to him.
Whilst none a world beaters (yet) this is a pretty reaching take.

I think the environment and players around hurt 10s more than their own ability.

Noah
Donaldson
Lynagh
All proven Super Rugby starters

HMP
Bowen
Good prospects

Quade
Foley
Lealifano
JOC (James O'Connor)
Test Vets still floating around

Creighton
Edmed
Burey
Jack Deb
Super Rugby able

Harrison
Lucas
International based but huge potential

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Don't think he's peoples favourites but losing a player is the topic of this thread so it's spoken of.

I tend to think so be it. We can't fight them for players if the player doesn't want to stay. It's also tricky as the Tahs might have been the only side with a potential vacant 10 jersey for next season but also don't want to overpay. Bowen's final game of the year being a good showing may have confused things ever so slightly.

But, CG must have wanted it as he's foregoing the potential of the Lions and very likely a home WC.
Agree with this Ghost but how badly was he handled? He went from being irrelevant;, to the next messiah, to Jones' reason we got kicked out of the RWC. What an effing nightmare for a young guy to go through. We couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery when it comes to nurturing and building our talent.
If I were him I would have gone to France where he would have flourished.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think the option of going home to Qld could have been quite high in his decision tree

Good luck to the guy, I hope he kills it, if he was driven by $$$ I am sure he could have had better options O/S playing rugby

and if it doesn't work out he can always come back, stronger and fitter
I wonder what will happen to his brother?

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
I know he's young but Mason seems like the same style of player with slightly less ability than his older brother. Might be harsh as he seemed to be trying make the move to Fullback.

Hope he can go play a year of 1st grade and force a selection.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
I don't know watch enough Rugby League (see, any) to know what the talent is like, but my understanding is that League clubs have a WTS equivalent is up to 8 players on Salaries of $80k, the same as minimum salary for a full squad member in Super?

If the NRL were the LNR, I think there'd be little question Mason would've been signed to the Titans for a feeder club (See Monty Ioane and Moses Alo-Emile both having signed for Stade Francais while Digby and Paul were playing for them).

AdelaideRugby84

Chris McKivat (8)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240613_115358_Daily Telegraph.jpg
    Screenshot_20240613_115358_Daily Telegraph.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 124
  • Screenshot_20240613_115441_Daily Telegraph.jpg
    Screenshot_20240613_115441_Daily Telegraph.jpg
    489.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Screenshot_20240613_115521_Daily Telegraph.jpg
    Screenshot_20240613_115521_Daily Telegraph.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_20240613_115546_Daily Telegraph.jpg
    Screenshot_20240613_115546_Daily Telegraph.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_20240613_115608_Daily Telegraph.jpg
    Screenshot_20240613_115608_Daily Telegraph.jpg
    438.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_20240613_115639_Daily Telegraph.jpg
    Screenshot_20240613_115639_Daily Telegraph.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 126

JRugby2

Bill Watson (15)
Another gone:

Reds pathway product Hopo Leota (Reds u19s as a 17yo, Aus 18s prop) signed with Racing 92. Hasn't even finished high school yet.

I'm optimistic about this though. With the reputation the top14 has for developing monster forwards, I hope he comes home one day bigger and better for it (provided there is a home to come back to of course).

Reds Rick

Allen Oxlade (6)
Another gone:

Reds pathway product Hopo Leota (Reds u19s as a 17yo, Aus 18s prop) signed with Racing 92. Hasn't even finished high school yet.

I'm optimistic about this though. With the reputation the top14 has for developing monster forwards, I hope he comes home one day bigger and better for it (provided there is a home to come back to of course).
Sure he doesn’t have any French parents/grandparents?