• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Aussie Player Exodus

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Ahhh. C'mon D. Every Rebels player with a bit of talent has been linked to other Aussie Super Rugby teams, often multiple ones. Seems the Brumbies are the only team destined to lose players and have the quality of their squad reduced for 2025.

With the goings on in Victoria, if that is true it is sad. More than that, poorly considered.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I actually don't mind if they go to the Reds, Brumbies or the Force, I just hope they all refuse to go to the Tahs.
Would hate to see them play for the Tahs. Even the other states, I guess I’ll never see it. Already cancelled Stan. RA will just continue to run the game into the ground

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Added benefit for Carter, if he goes well it'll be the second coming of Ronnie Bass, quarterbacking the Titans to the promised land
1718179356695.png

Massive cult hero potential right there.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Also, if he doesn’t want to be part of the Wallabies then off you go IMO.

We clearly don’t have the resources to pay/overpay everyone and living within our means is the only way forward.

This is going to sound like a massive dick comment but it’s not like the Tahs would just climb the ladder by collecting a few of the 5-9 Rebels. 3 more wins than the Wooden Spooner Tahs and a worse +\-

Probably doesn’t help their coaches cause.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Also, if he doesn’t want to be part of the Wallabies then off you go IMO.

We clearly don’t have the resources to pay/overpay everyone and living within our means is the only way forward.

This is going to sound like a massive dick comment but it’s not like the Tahs would just climb the ladder by collecting a few of the 5-9 Rebels. 3 more wins than the Wooden Spooner Tahs and a worse +\-

Probably doesn’t help their coaches cause.

Did Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) piss off to the roosters yet? I know he was looking to get out of his contract early to join eastern suburbs. Could his Shute shield team use him?

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Carter could go alright at the Titans.

I reckon Dessie sees a bit of Tommy Turbo in him. He’s got a tall frame, pretty quick and has good hands. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him playing fullback or in the centres to start his NRL career.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Did Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) piss off to the roosters yet? I know he was looking to get out of his contract early to join eastern suburbs. Could his Shute shield team use him?
Wasn’t there talk the 7s want him for the rest of the year? Rather Lancaster or Toole. I don’t think there’s a chance he turns out for Eastwood. Why risk an injury..
Carter could go alright at the Titans.

I reckon Dessie sees a bit of Tommy Turbo in him. He’s got a tall frame, pretty quick and has good hands. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him playing fullback or in the centres to start his NRL career.
Centre maybe but League Fullbacks do too much in Defence organisation. He’s a 6 in league. Can be a bit more rogue on the field and the secondary kicker usually. They don’t have one the way Forans body is going and have Brimson and Campbell who are good Fullbacks.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Even if it is the way you feel you don't burn people/organisations publicly with those type of comments. Guess he has learned from his manager.

Basically same reason he left the Reds, he rates himself more than others do.

Last edited:

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wasn’t there talk the 7s want him for the rest of the year? Rather Lancaster or Toole. I don’t think there’s a chance he turns out for Eastwood. Why risk an injury..

I’m curiously interested to know what RA contracts look like after today and if there’s any further commitments post Super rugby to sticking around… I know previously we had the NRC and players were turning out in it before they headed to France/Japan.

But with no genuine domestic comp… I’m sure the player agents would be pushing for surgery clean ups or making sure a niggle is worth resting.

dont think league want busted union stars rehabbing preseason because they picked up something turning our for their local union club

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Even if it is the way you feel you don't burn people/organisations publicly with those type of comments. Guess he has learned from his manager.

Basically same reason he left the Reds he rates himself more than others do.

what comment?

did you mean the one where he said is excited for league and where the game is heading…

not sure what you want him to say in a press release.

No disagreement from me about his manager!

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Australian rugby media and fans sowing:

'The redistribution of the Rebels roster is going to be the catalyst for success! Concentration of talent!'

Australian rugby media and fans reaping:

'Carter Gordon signs with the Gold Coast Titans.'

IMG_3810.jpeg

Proud Pig

Tom Lawton (22)

Basically same reason he left the Reds, he rates himself more than others do.
He didn't burn anyone. He said he was excited for the direction his new employers are going. I wish he had come out and said Phil wanted me to play for the tahs but I told the gormless pillock to blow it out his arse, I would rather set fire to my wedding tackle.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
He didn't burn anyone. He said he was excited for the direction his new employers are going. I wish he had come out and said Phil wanted me to play for the tahs but I told the gormless pillock to blow it out his arse, I would rather set fire to my wedding tackle.
Or maybe he sat down with Peter Horne who said you aren't worth $800k you lemon. Learn to kick a goal. Gordon has always have an overly inflated opinion of himself.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Saying you are excited by the direction, the positivity around the game, the professionalism of the club etc are all very thinly vailed swipes at RA.

Might be valid but not needed.

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
If they low-balled him with their offer, he’d have every right to take a little dig.

Regardless he’s lost the chance to play a Lions series- he should have waited another year before switching.