• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia, Mendoza 4/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Owens made some errors both ways but but I think what really cost us was the dickhead with the laser, the TMO's review of Tk over the line and lack of side angle and the touchie who didn't even see the high tackle on AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Yeah at last we did it!!!! I'm really happy, guys.. we were confident to get a win, despite of the bad beginning.. what a relief

In first place, I'm really sorry about the dickhead with the laser. But I think you didn't lost because of that, you can't blame on that. Yes, it's a completely disrespect but it's hard to control the human stupidity. I'm sure the union directives will take hands on that issue. It was a shame, I'm sorry.

About the match, we still have some lack of concentration and focus. We made early errors and pay for them. You know our play is in the forwards pack, and we did that simply. Possession and getting the game far of our in-goal.

May be Owens made some unfortunate calls for you in the last scrums, that's our strength and he knew it. He did omit as well some yellow cards for some wallabies. In the big picture, I consider Owens did not affect the result. He even took the right decision letting that Wob in the field and removing the card.

it's the humbleness of people like you that make it worthwhile to lose to the underdogs sometimes..well done buddy

disagree re the laser though, that was costly..that shit has no place in our sport and has to go..

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
there was certainly no criticism of his general play, just that his kicking execution needs work

And decision making.........

After being starved of the ball all game his first decision when the Wallabies were finally in attack mode was to kick it away..........

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I tend to agree, we've given this 2nd playmaker thing a go and it aint working so lets go back to the model that has proven so successful for us in the past..Kerevi a possible smokie for EOYT I reckon.
Since Patty McCabe was so loved back in the day..

Now we are wishing he wasn't gone.

WE MISS YOU CHUCK

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
it's the humbleness of people like you that make it worthwhile to lose to the underdogs sometimes..well done buddy

disagree re the laser though, that was costly..that shit has no place in our sport and has to go..
It's not as if every Puma supporter endorses the dickhead with the laser, similarly not all Queenslanders endorse the impromptu lavatory act by the female Qld supporter at Suncorp for State of Origin a year or two back.

Your last clause endorsed emphatically.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
yeah not sure he was the answer, but duly noted..

we need another T Horan..like they are commonly available :)

I actually think that To'omua can fit that model if he plays that way instead of a '2nd playmaker'..it's occurred to me a lot this season that if you remove his kicking game he would make an excellent 13 (not better than TK though)..so no reason he can't be a 'Horan style' 12..

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I actually think that To'omua can fit that model if he plays that way instead of a '2nd playmaker'..it's occurred to me a lot this season that if you remove his kicking game he would make an excellent 13 (not better than TK though)..so no reason he can't be a 'Horan style' 12..
All the skills needs time in the position.. If he played 12 at the Brumbies.

T

Train Without a Station

None of them describe the situation. They all refer to tackle attempts though.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
None of them describe the situation. They all refer to tackle attempts though.

f doesnt
and when you put it with 7.1 you finish up with the question:
what was he doing in making contact with the kicker? if he was trying to tackle him it was a charge - no arms. if he wasn't then it was still a charge
I should say that I'm not convinced about this but I think Owens is........I can't being myself to say it........right

The Pirate

Herbert Moran (7)
I think, to a degree, a lot of our problems in attack in the backline are due to a lack of experience and the confidence to tailor tactics to the game rather than just mechanically stick to a prearranged plan.
I imagine the coaching staff have devised our kicking game and have stressed how grubbers and chips can be used to put a defensive line in two minds thus slowing down their line speed.
This kicking game is not being executed well but the other problem, as I see it , is that there is no one with enough test experience, or perhaps security in their position, to see when this should be applied and when it should be overridden.
A kicking strategy designed to put an opponent in two minds does nothing of the sort if it is overused or implemented in a low probability situation. All it does is serve to give possession and eventually momentum back to the opposition .
Along these lines, I think that the kicking woes of Israel Folau illustrate this a bit. It appears to me that it isn't that he cant kick but that he doesn't know when to kick and this uncertainty makes his kicking worse.
Its almost like he has told himself that he cant be a complete rugby 15 until he develops a kicking game . This is true and is a credit to him, if it is the case, for wanting to complete his skillset . I am just not sure TRC is the best place to be doing that. Though I am also not sure in what world a grubber on attack near the oppositions 22 would ever be considered part of the skillset of a world class rugby 15.

PS I cant seem to cut and paste when replying anyone have a link so I can find out how to do this please?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
So you are saying that in this situation, Michael Hooper, or any other defending player in his position should have just let him kick the ball uncontested?
Or change the angle of his approach.
But if you can't do a charge down without flogging the kicker,then yeah you don't contest as hard,or you concede a penalty.

T

Train Without a Station

f doesnt
and when you put it with 7.1 you finish up with the question:
what was he doing in making contact with the kicker? if he was trying to tackle him it was a charge - no arms. if he wasn't then it was still a charge
I should say that I'm not convinced about this but I think Owens is....I can't being myself to say it....right

My query more comes to how do you contest a kick. If you jump for a bomb knees up as normally players do and make contact with a player standing there on the ground is it an offence?

T

Train Without a Station

Or change the angle of his approach.
But if you can't do a charge down without flogging the kicker,then yeah you don't contest as hard,or you concede a penalty.

Hitting the kicker is not illegal though

Status
Not open for further replies.