• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia, 8am Sunday 1 Sep (AEST) - TRC Round 3

SteveWA

Charlie Fox (21)
I'm bemused by the negativity. Schmidt is clearly playing the long game, working out who can play to his systems and giving those with potential every chance to perform. It will be a roller coaster this year with consolidation during the spring tour and hopefully building towards the Lions tour next.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Bloody hell it's refreshing being on the otherside of a Doleman controversial decision.

What a bloody game though. I thought we were done with Noah threw a hospital pass to Frost around the 66th minutes but thankfully they Harry knocked the ball out over the line.

Mauls were a lot better compared to the Saffers but bloody hell resets are poor.

I've got no problem with the game plan of holding onto the ball but the forwards need to be doing some pick and drives. That gave us huge front foot ball and keeps the pillars close rather than letting them drift out.

Considering what odds the Wallabies were given, in those conditions against the Argies at home I don't know what anyone is complaining about.

Only injury looks to be Kiela who got knocked out?

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
They were three spots higher than us in the rankings, at home, the bookies favourite and they won the last two against us plus beat France and NZ this year
You are right. A win is a win and I must say I thought they were going to lose

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Screenshot 2024-09-01 11.16.29 AM.png

Does that mean we will be a Tier 1 team soon?

It is pretty sad to see us being a T2 team compared to a T1 Argentina :D

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
ISchmidt is clearly playing the long game, working out who can play to his systems and giving those with potential every chance to perform.
I hope so, the problem with a long game (the sensible option) is that if it fails then you ruin multiple years of rugby and risk losing what fans you have left.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
They were three spots higher than us in the rankings, at home, the bookies favourite and they won the last two against us plus beat France and NZ this year
Yes, I agree completely. I am overall wrapped and proud of the players, and loving seeing the incremental improvement coming from joes longer term strategy. At the same time I am just astounded that Noah wasn’t subbed off earlier, and will be as equally astounded of donno isn’t given a shot next week. I’m not saying he is the answer, but we aren’t going to beat many better teams with Noah there so we need to find out.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Will probably go a bit under the radar but 10 tackles without a miss in 48 minutes has to be Salakaia-Loto's best defensive performance this year by a fair margin.

Defence really looked to improve across the park there, which is probably to be expected not playing the world champs, but it also looked like a big step up from what we showed against Wales/Georgia.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
I thought the second half was much improved for the most part with the exception of bad restarts and some bad decisions in the form of shit passes and poor kicking decisions at select instances.
Forwards were definitely sharper in attack and defense in my mind and fairly more accurate
Penalty count appeared much better too.
I have a bit more understanding of the game plan tight right and then find gaps to go wide or just up field generally it’s a patient game plan that requires us to be accurate.
But ya fly half is just a big question mark right now.
I’m not really sure where the options are.
I don’t feel that the great 10 prospects are going to league so where are they going?
Or are we just not making them full stop.
Other than that I thought bar above mistakes we were mostly good. 10 is a pretty important position tho.
ben d has the build pace and skills to be great but ….