• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia, 8am Sunday 1 Sep (AEST) - TRC Round 3

sundayeightpm

Herbert Moran (7)
Reading back over the last 6-7 pages of negative comments is pretty funny. I am proud of the boys. Full stop.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Happy fathers Day lads.

K974

Allen Oxlade (6)
Gut reaction at close of game. We just beat a team ranked three higher, away, in conditions that favour them. Was it messy? Hell yes. Pumas looked the better team in the first half, but I think we looked better in depth in the second.

agree. Schidmt gameplan starting to be very evident. it’s going to make the wallabies at very solid team which given the last few years it’s fantastic

10 is a major major issue particularly with his gameplan.

Reactions: dru

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
I know cause some users shared his videos of NPC in Tahs thread. He recently faced Waikato. I'm not a poser, I'm here all the year and I watch rugby 24/7. And guess what? I have full acces of NPC matches. You messed with the wrong person.

dNUbuLB.jpg

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
His couple of hospital passes in the minutes beforehand were woeful, but that one to Jorgensen was catchable and should have been caught. I agree with Dru that had he caught it, Jorgo would probably have been stopped soon after as it took too long to set up the play.

Linerunner2023

Darby Loudon (17)
Great clutch win
Not sure why they held Donaldson off so long while lolosio wasn’t working, those 2 passes to players in a worse position were bad
Bell and tupou were great up front - have been missing these two! LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was also powerful as was Valetini
Great to see some aggression in the forwards again - some old school belting in D
Bells hit on I think Lavanini was brutal
tough game for a back hopefully some dry weather next weekend

dru

David Wilson (68)
I think it depends on how the HC sees the game plan. Do you want a bashing it up 12 or a second fly? Neither of these guys are perfect for these intentions at international level, but the choice leans you one direction or the other.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
True Dru and I definitely prefer the second fly atm. There were better inolvements from the outside backs in this game, especially Ikitau and I think that made us more dangerous in attack.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Haha! Tickles my funny bone the way this conversation has led to "Ikitau stepping into 12 enough to ensure 12 gets the ball to Ikitau". ;)

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
It's not my favourite competition TBH. It's not worth getting up early to watch a Tier 2 competition, I prefer to watch the new Kiwis talent in Super Rugby