• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ACT Brumbies v Western Force - The Elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Looks like Alby will be back but Sias is still out.

Not sure about any others would expect same forward pack with either Wykes moving to 6 or stander starting and Alcock on the bench.

Backs again the same with Alby at 9 ahead of prior.

M

Moono75

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Wykes had a MOM performance against the Reds, leave him at 4. Stander can start at 6, give him a longer crack at the game and more of a chance to make some bullocking runs and strong hits. Alcock will be short of a run so bring him off the bench in the second half. Good game from CTM last week. Need more line breaks and offloads from him.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Agree USA

Personally I think deliberate fouls like that should be deserving of a minimum of 10 weeks or a full season. It was dangerous, calculated and deliberate.

It was not just a miscalulation or a mistake. It could have ended a career.
Don't Matter this would have been Triple M's last game for the Force anyway. ;-)

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Hmmm. Robbie Coleman still in the starting lineup. Really like the bloke but he's just a bit small imo. Pity he doesn't have a bit more body size to go with his enormous heart. Would rather see either Pat or Joe start in this one.
Robbie put some great tackles in at inside centre against the Tahs.

He also chases everything and has scored a bunch of tries.

I think McCabe seen as FB/12 cover and Tomane's been out for a while 6 - 7 weeks.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Don't Matter this would have been Triple M's last game for the Force anyway. ;-)

Well then, scrub him from playing rugby wherever with whomever for a substantial period. Suppose we'll see this week the effect this mongrel act had upon Lucas.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Well then, scrub him from playing rugby wherever with whomever for a substantial period. Suppose we'll see this week the effect this mongrel act had upon Lucas.

I should say my post was a dig at Force fans, but if it was a deliberate act (I didn't see it) to drop a knee on a player on the ground, then you scrub him out for at least 6 weeks.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

It was a poor act and he's been suspended for it. His suspension was reduced to one week because he has an exemplary record and pleaded guilty.

Clearly there are issues within all judiciaries about consistency. The penalties have to remain in step with each other though and ordered in terms of severity.

In terms of foul and dangerous play, striking someone in the ribs will be a lower degree than striking someone in the face. Striking will always be treated more leniently than gouging and biting etc.

If someone is going to get a 10 week penalty (or whatever you suggested before) for striking then you'd need multiple seasons for bad tip tackles and gouging/biting etc.

M

Moono75

I should say my post was a dig at Force fans, but if it was a deliberate act (I didn't see it) to drop a knee on a player on the ground, then you scrub him out for at least 6 weeks.

Stop worrying about MMMs knee and start worrying about asphyxiation!
The Ponies having been choking in the last round of Super Rugby for years :D

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It was a poor act and he's been suspended for it. His suspension was reduced to one week because he has an exemplary record and pleaded guilty.

Clearly there are issues within all judiciaries about consistency. The penalties have to remain in step with each other though and ordered in terms of severity.

In terms of foul and dangerous play, striking someone in the ribs will be a lower degree than striking someone in the face. Striking will always be treated more leniently than gouging and biting etc.

If someone is going to get a 10 week penalty (or whatever you suggested before) for striking then you'd need multiple seasons for bad tip tackles and gouging/biting etc.

The penalty for murder and attempted murder can be the same.

My point is that it was a deliberate act of a really big bloke squashing the ribs of a little bloke. Its really a question of foreseeability. To me it was much worse than a smack in the mouth and should have been considered so. It was a soft suspension. I'll leave it there.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The penalty for murder and attempted murder can be the same.

My point is that it was a deliberate act of a really big bloke squashing the ribs of a little bloke. Its really a question of foreseeability. To me it was much worse than a smack in the mouth and should have been considered so. It was a soft suspension. I'll leave it there.

If he hadn't pleaded guilty and didn't have an exemplary record he would have got 3 weeks suspension and I doubt you'd be complaining.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
If he hadn't pleaded guilty and didn't have an exemplary record he would have got 3 weeks suspension and I doubt you'd be complaining.

Thats why virtually all murder charges go to trial. There is no "discount" for an early plea or that the alleged has committed murder before.

But yeah, I would have been OK with 3 weeks...

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Stop worrying about MMMs knee and start worrying about asphyxiation!
The Ponies having been choking in the last round of Super Rugby for years :D
The Force have been choking every game for years. :). Don't worry universe always rights it self and the Force will finish about 9th. Good for you guys ;)

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
MMM new qld public enemy #1 Stephen Moore is off the hook...
I thought you guys were still cranky at the Force for selling you a lemon in RG. They probably took the best of JOCs years as well. And lets not forget when they first arrived.. I can't see how a qlder could go for the Force.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Force have been choking every game for years. :). Don't worry universe always rights it self and the Force will finish about 9th. Good for you guys ;)
Haha the funny thing is if you had told me at the start of the year we would finish 9th I would have taken that and been more than happy.......not anymore though force for the win come Friday.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Robbie put some great tackles in at inside centre against the Tahs.

He also chases everything and has scored a bunch of tries.

I think McCabe seen as FB/12 cover and Tomane's been out for a while 6 - 7 weeks.

Top little player and often forgot about. I rate him.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Top little player and often forgot about. I rate him.
For sure he plays above his weight he scores and saves tries. He is lighting quick. We may never have seen Mogg if Coleman didn't get injured in his 2012.

Wasn't he selected in under 20's player of the year.

And above all else he will never let you down.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
If he doesn't start I would put Coleman as reserve scrum half. Let's face it, White will likely play 75min, Coleman's versatility and proven game breaking ability will negate the fact that he's never played nine (to my knowledge). All I'm really saying is ' why not play to their strengths and put their best 10 backs on the team sheet (Then just hope White doesn't go down early)?'.

Status
Not open for further replies.