• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACT Brumbies v Western Force - The Elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeyc

Frank Row (1)
If the Blues do beat the Chiefs, surely it is in the best interest for both franchises and the ARU to play out a draw. Obviously this is match fixing and highly illegal but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Jake ball is on the nose at the end of the season. If the Brumbies don't change their approach it could very well end up very messy for them.

Foley ball is on the nose all season long. It lives and dies with the players and their heart. Matt Hodgson has dragged the Force along by sheer guts and determination. But, being as important as this game is, the Force will be up for it. I think a lot of it's going to be decided by who gets the most injured players back.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
All on the line for the force. with all the players leaving at seasons end im not sure if we can repeat this seasons effort. Put it all out there boys!

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Given that a bonus point in this game gives the Force a reasonable chance to make the finals, it would be well worth putting a couple of hundred on the Brumbies to win by 8 points or more. Surely you'd get at least 2:1 odds.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'd hope that the message Foley delivers to the boys this week is to chance their arms a bit. Even if we lose if we rack up a couple of bonus points may still get us home, so don't die wondering out there fellas.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I wonder if we'll make it through this week without someone suggesting that Wykes should be on the bench?

I still won't be surprised if it happens. It happens every other bloody week.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Carters out from what I read

This is the most recent report I've read as posted by AAP less than an hour ago:

Four Test players and an actual squad-listed hooker are set to bolster the Brumbies' starting line-up for Friday's do-or-die clash against the Western Force.

Wallabies Matt To'omua (groin), Pat McCabe (shoulder), Joe Tomane (cheekbone) and Sam Carter (ankle) are all tipped to return after missing the Brumbies' embarrassing last-start 39-8 loss to the NSW Waratahs two weekends ago.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They might be correct, but it's from last night........

I don't mind either way because I don't want him rushed back only to re-injure himself and miss the test series.........

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I wonder if we'll make it through this week without someone suggesting that Wykes should be on the bench?

I still won't be surprised if it happens. It happens every other bloody week.
Bench Wykes nah I would start him at 9 after his efforts on sat........

PommyPowerhouse3

Frank Nicholson (4)
Alby Mathewson and Sias Ebersohn are suppose to be back. Still thinking Brumbies will be to strong. Hoping for an up set though

Status
Not open for further replies.