• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACT Brumbies v Western Force - The Elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
They might be correct, but it's from last night....

I don't mind either way because I don't want him rushed back only to re-injure himself and miss the test series...
RugbyHeaven said Carter trained today so guess his back

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I think MMM got quite lucky, both on Sat night and at the judiciary. Entry point for a strike with a knee is 3 weeks but for some reason they used the entry point for general striking which is 2 weeks then applied a 1 week discount for clean record, early guilty plea and recalcitrant attitude.

Not long ago they would start with the entry point and then add weeks as a deterrent. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Judiciary obviously don't think the Force will play finals and someone didn't want to poss off the Japanese

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Where's the fire.. I'm hoping 5 points for the Brumbies and 2 for the Force.

But if that can't happen screw the Force Brumbies by spanking

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I think MMM got quite lucky, both on Sat night and at the judiciary. Entry point for a strike with a knee is 3 weeks but for some reason they used the entry point for general striking which is 2 weeks then applied a 1 week discount for clean record, early guilty plea and recalcitrant attitude.

Not long ago they would start with the entry point and then add weeks as a deterrent. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Judiciary process could be more clearly defined with a drunken Ethiopian accountant and a dart board.

Here are the results we need for the good of Australian rugby:

Blues beat Chiefs
Crusaders beat Highlanders with no bonus points
Sharks thrash Stormers

Then the Brumbies and Force get at least one point each - already have more wins than the Canes so that puts them ahead. Table would look like this:

Tahs
Sharks
Crusaders
Force/Brumbies
Highlanders
Brumbies/Force

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I think that is a pretty fair comparison. The Waratahs are definitely Australia's Blues. Or should that be the Blues are New Zealand's Waratahs?

Not this year. The Blues in their heyday always liked to kick for field position mixed up with great running. Sort of like the Brumbies at their peak, before the poison of jakeball. The Blues at their best with King Carlos and the Brumbies with Gregan, Larkham and Roth seemed to be very similar in style.

Today's Force and the Highlanders have some similarities. Traditionally the Highlanders style was to try to dominate in the tight five with a very dominant scrum and lineout. It was born out of playing on mudheaps in temperatures below zero. Now the Highlanders have their closed-roof stadium, that style has evolved and does look more similar to the Force this year.

The Waratahs this year are pure Randwick in style. They play a game that has its origins in the 1920's and before, but probably epitomised best with the great Cyril Towers, who spent his life teaching and promoting it after he retired from playing. Very few teams try to play it because its so hard to learn to play well, but once you "get" it, it is very hard to defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.