• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ACT Brumbies v Western Force - The Elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
If he doesn't start I would put Coleman as reserve scrum half. Let's face it, White will likely play 75min, Coleman's versatility and proven game breaking ability will negate the fact that he's never played nine (to my knowledge). All I'm really saying is ' why not play to their strengths and put their best 10 backs on the team sheet (Then just hope White doesn't go down early)?'.
I've wonder if Coleman could be a scrum half.. My guess is he doesn't like passing the ball, he's more of a runner. He can pass but he runs good lines and and at pace.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
I've wonder if Coleman could be a scrum half.. My guess is he doesn't like passing the ball, he's more of a runner. He can pass but he runs good lines and and at pace.
I'm not suggesting he necessarily plays half but takes the reserve half's place on the bench. I think if he came on with a few minutes to go he would be dangerous close to the ruck against tired forwards.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Brumbies team: Sio, Mann-Rea, Alexander, Power, Carter, Fardy, Butler, Mowen, White, To'omua, Rathbone, Lealiifano, Kuridrani, Speight, Mogg

Brumbies bench: Murphy, R Smith, JP Smith, Auelua, McVerry, Dowsett, McCabe, Tomane

Has Coleman been dropped altogether or is he injured?

M

Moono75

Western Force v Brumbies
GIO Stadium, Canberra
Friday, 11 July 2014
Kick-off: 7.40pm (local)/5.40pm (AWST)

1. Pek Cowan
2. Nathan Charles
3. Kieran Longbottom
4. Sam Wykes
5. Wilhelm Steenkamp
6. Brynard Stander
7. Matt Hodgson (c)
8. Ben McCalman
9. Ian Prior
10. Zack Holmes
11. Nick Cummins
12. Chris Tuatara-Morrison
13. Solomoni Rasolea
14. Dane Haylett-Petty
15. Jayden Hayward

Reserves
16. Heath Tessmann
17. Tetera Faulkner
18. Oliver Hoskins
19. Adam Coleman
20. Chris Alcock
21. Alby Mathewson
22. Luke Burton
23. Dillyn Leyds/Sias Ebersohn

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Western Force v Brumbies
GIO Stadium, Canberra
Friday, 11 July 2014
Kick-off: 7.40pm (local)/5.40pm (AWST)

1. Pek Cowan
2. Nathan Charles
3. Kieran Longbottom
4. Sam Wykes
5. Wilhelm Steenkamp
6. Brynard Stander
7. Matt Hodgson (c)
8. Ben McCalman
9. Ian Prior
10. Zack Holmes
11. Nick Cummins
12. Chris Tuatara-Morrison
13. Solomoni Rasolea
14. Dane Haylett-Petty
15. Jayden Hayward

Reserves
16. Heath Tessmann
17. Tetera Faulkner
18. Oliver Hoskins
19. Adam Coleman
20. Chris Alcock
21. Alby Mathewson
22. Luke Burton
23. Dillyn Leyds/Sias Ebersohn
Surprised Alby's starting on the bench..

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Brumbies team: Sio, Mann-Rea, Alexander, Power, Carter, Fardy, Butler, Mowen, White, To'omua, Rathbone, Lealiifano, Kuridrani, Speight, Mogg

Brumbies bench: Murphy, R Smith, JP Smith, Auelua, McVerry, Dowsett, McCabe, Tomane

Has Coleman been dropped altogether or is he injured?

McCabe on the bench again? Has Larkham given up on 2013 and decided to try and run Lilo back into some form for 2014? I can't see McCabe being a very happy camper right now.

The Force will fancy getting some of the Brumbies front row bench players on the park. If Alexander has to go off early the scrums could get ugly with two newbies at hooker and tight head. I would have thought Ala'alatoa would have been a better prospect than JP Smith.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Surprised Alby's starting on the bench..

You and me both. The season's on the line this week and Alby is an order of magnitude better than Prior. Perhaps Alby is still injured. If it was just a conditioning issue then you would have expected Alby to start and Prior to come on when he's stuffed.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Nothing else to do in Canberra, right?

Just got off the phone to my brother who lives in Canberra and he is saying the only thing to do is run and hide it is that bitterly cold.

He is tipping not a big crowd tomorrow night.

M

Moono75

Just got off the phone to my brother who lives in Canberra and he is saying the only thing to do is run and hide it is that bitterly cold.

He is tipping not a big crowd tomorrow night.

The less people there the less they will be disappointed.

M

Moono75

Nothing more dangerous than a team with nothing to lose. No expectations to live up to. Just taking it one week at a time.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Nothing more dangerous than a team with nothing to lose. No expectations to live up to. Just taking it one week at a time.
Nothing too lose..? How bout, your first finals series, how bout the respect you earned, How bout a home semi. . Pfft your great season will be for nothing if you lose Friday.. Pretty sure you got everything to lose

Hammeroid

Chris McKivat (8)
Tomikin shut your mouth!! You've had a few too many responses in this thread already and the game hasn't even started. You sound like your threatened and nervous. just wait for the result clown.

M

Moono75

Nothing to lose. When expectations were minor to begin with everything achieved this year has brought joy to us Force fans. We are content but happy to see what else there is.

On the other hand teams like the Tahs & Brumbies started the season with talk of finals and championships. You guys screw up this season and it is truly yet another calamity.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Nothing too lose..? How bout, your first finals series, how bout the respect you earned, How bout a home semi. . Pfft your great season will be for nothing if you lose Friday.. Pretty sure you got everything to lose

Win, lose or draw in this game, nothing can take that away from the Force. You are talking absolute shit mate. The Brumbies are only a couple of years out of their own turmoil and nobody denied the respect they earned in 2012, despite falling over against the Blues in the last round. Nobody denied the Brumbies the respect they eaned last year despite not getting the job done against the Chiefs in the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.