• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 Argentina vs Australia - 6 Oct

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Team Rehab

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Draw - Rugby is the Winner

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

randalf8

Nup, the Australian way is having a crack and going for it, particularly when we're down and out, tired and sore and have heaps of players missing.
I don't want to see any more conservatism from Deans. He should be working in a library or for the National Trust were his approach is better suited.
Don't ask me why, we just seem to perform better when we're written off and almost down and out.
Cutting through the BS, SA should have scored well over 50 last week.
A conservative approach V Argentina in Argentina will result in a heavy loss by penalty goals, as they'll pound away in the forwards, get field position and take penalties.
We need to back the young speedsters, play a fast game running it from everywhere and not die wondering.

Do you actually watch test rugby sober? Why do people think this is the way to go when it costs so many more damn points than it even has an outside chance of earning?

The next time you watch a competitive test or ten, count how many points teams give up by losing the ball in their own half (either through ruck penalties or knock ons or whatever) and count how many they score from movements that started in their own half. This "run it from everywhere" shit is an efficient way to give the other team the ball in your own half.

J

Jiggles

Actually I am pretty sure that Shipperly is being dropped from the starting line up for Cummins.

Wow Shipperly being dropped? Because the wing is exactly where the problem is in this Wallabies backline o_O

Has Deans watched any of the Pumas this year? Picking a big slow 6 (Timani) who lacks mobility is going to play right into Argies hands. When have the Wallabies ever got into a stogy dog fight and come out the better?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Ships dropped? The likely team I read had Cummins as cover for Ioane who is carrying injury. Think Ships is safe (from what I've read anyway).

W

Waylon

Wallabies to win

With short preparation and injury plagued lineup, I would go for combinations that are established

10 Harris
12 Tapuai
13 Fainga'a
11. Ioane
14. Shipps

9. Sheehan

15. Mccabe

Sheehan at 9 to harden it up and incraese the attacking mindset. He loves a crack (Phipps is not up to test standard yet.......I say yet generously)

Mccabe at 15. I believe Mccabe could become one of the greatest wallaby 15's of all time. He isn't a 12 but he has massive ones, is a great defender, has good pace when he winds up and is good under the high ball. Everything that Beale isn't (pace excluded). He runs hard and straight and would be sensational running hard straight lines inside 10 / reverse switches at rucks/ and outside 13 in space.

Mccabe is a good player. He is on the wrong seat on the bus at 12.......... = bad coaching

Beale left-right-out. When he gives up the p1ss and nightclubs and sheds about 10KG and stops doing stupid chip kicks and grubbers and missing first up tackles, he might get a spoyt on my bench. Beale is the biggest myth since Pat Howard

J

Jiggles

Waylon, McCabe is the kind of guy you want on the end of the line break, not setting it up hence why he should be a wing or 15 and not a 12.

T

TOCC

Harris at fullback is a mistake, they tried it at the Reds and he went poorly under the high ball..he is a inside centre and nothing more

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
One of my biggest whinges about Dean's tenure has been his selection of players out of position. If the team runs out as reported, it proves he has learnt nothing in 5 years.

Timani to 6 especially. He has an incumbent 6 who has played well enough to leave where he is.

R

randalf8

One of my biggest whinges about Dean's tenure has been his selection of players out of position. If the team runs out as reported, it proves he has learnt nothing in 5 years.

Timani to 6 especially. He has an incumbent 6 who has played well enough to leave where he is.

They are hail mary passes now. He's looking for his "Larkham to 10" style golden move to save his job.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Do you actually watch test rugby sober? Why do people think this is the way to go when it costs so many more damn points than it even has an outside chance of earning?

The next time you watch a competitive test or ten, count how many points teams give up by losing the ball in their own half (either through ruck penalties or knock ons or whatever) and count how many they score from movements that started in their own half. This "run it from everywhere" shit is an efficient way to give the other team the ball in your own half.
Sorry to offend you Robbie.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Actually, if we apply WJ's all halfback backline to the Wobs we could have:

9. Phipps
10. Sheehan
11. Prior
12. Frisby
13. Stirzaker
14. Kingi
15. McKibbin

TRB, you haven't selected any reserve scrummies. Are there any other fit ones left in Oz?

Status
Not open for further replies.