• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 Argentina vs Australia - 6 Oct

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Team Rehab

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Draw - Rugby is the Winner

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I believe ships is carrying a bit of an injury which may be the reason for his benching. He hasn't cemented his spot (hasn't had a chance to really)

Good to finally see Taps in the side. Has he been playing up in Qld lately?

Don't agree with the Timani move, Neville is over there and has been playing 6 well for manly in the Shute shield. Get him out there, Timani has missed a few weeks he isn't going to last the game anyway, have him as cover.

Reactions: BPC

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
A lot of people supported Barnes spot on the back of his goal kicking. Does the same apply for Harris at 15? There are are about 4 fit blokes in the squad i'd play there over him. Hell, play him at 10 and Beale at 15 to at least give some counter-attack options. I see a conservative game that could have suited Harris in the playmaker role.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
A lot of people supported Barnes spot on the back of his goal kicking. Does the same apply for Harris at 15? There are are about 4 fit blokes in the squad i'd play there over him. Hell, play him at 10 and Beale at 15 to at least give some counter-attack options. I see a conservative game that could have suited Harris in the playmaker role.

Beale is our best attacking option, he needs to be at 10 so he touches the ball more. If ships is fit he should go to fullback with Harris as cover for multiple positions. Beale can kick fine.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
You'd have to assume Shippers has a niggle, he didn't deserve to be benched after two games where he was solid. Not taking away from Cummins though, he deserves a shot.

Taps finally, but why leave it so late? Hopefully he goes well at 13, because I think a McCabe/Tapuai pairing can be a long term thing (I'd rather McCabe at 13 though).

Harris, purley goal kicking. Morahan would of been my pick. Ioane and Cummins (not noted under the high ball from memory) at the back with him aswell? Hernandez must of just got a boner because he will be bombing them all day.

Timani at 6? Stupid. Especially with Samo there aswell, the hard working Argie pack will run as ragged. Hopefully Higgers and Gill come on for those two early in the 2nd half unless we will get run off our feet.

Slipper, finally. Ony took you 5 months Robbie but you finally made the selection that was blatantly obvious to the rest of us.

Us by a shitload or Argentina comfortably

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't see the big deal, they're not going to run us off our feet, they barely use the ball. They're going to try to dominate the set pieces and defend well again. Nothing wrong with beefing up the pack for the collisions and set piece.

J

Jiggles

The Lineout looses without Higginbotham there as Sharpe is the only true option Douglas has been poor when under pressure, and the scrum gains very little 'beef' if anything at all by having Timani on the side. Set piece is not beefed up at all, but it is weakened - big time.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I don't think Timani is there for the scrum, he is there for the breakdown and advantage line. I don't agree with the selection but it doesn't mean it's not for a reason.

T

TOCC

The Lineout looses without Higginbotham there as Sharpe is the only true option Douglas has been poor when under pressure, and the scrum gains very little 'beef' if anything at all by having Timani on the side. Set piece is not beefed up at all, but it is weakened - big time.

You underestimate the influence the blindside can have at scrum time.. The lineout is no change from the week before..Timani in for Dennis

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
When I say set piece I'm also thinking of mauls from the lineout which is where Argentina will try to exploit us I reckon. Timani is there to win collisions, simple.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I don't see the big deal, they're not going to run us off our feet, they barely use the ball. They're going to try to dominate the set pieces and defend well again. Nothing wrong with beefing up the pack for the collisions and set piece.

They scored a better try last week than we have all RC. I wouldn't sell the Argies short.

Mega excited to see Tapuai in there, happy for Honey Badger too. Shipps has done nothing wrong but HB will kill himself out there for the jersey. I guess it was just his turn.

J

Jiggles

No I am not, I play Blindside and some times THL. I understand their roles rather well. You add more grunt through THL. You are one of the main engines in the scrum. Depending on which side you pack down on the flank, you mostly help wedge in LHP or add extra drive through the THP.

Dennis is an option at lineout time. Timani isn't. I am sure you can see how that compromises the lineout somewhat.

M

Moono75

Congrats to the Honey Badger finally getting a shot at the big time. The Argies will have flashbacks to the Falkland Islands with all the attacking the Badger will be doing.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Argies team, thanks to PumaBoot.

Same XV that started against the All Blacks. Two changes in the bench: Vallejos and Rodriguez out, Senatore and Nicolás Sánchez in.

1-Rodrigo Roncero (54 partidos – 30 puntos)
2-Eusebio Guiñazú (23 partidos – 5 puntos)
3-Juan Figallo (14 partidos – 5 puntos)
4-Manuel Carizza (28 partidos – 5 puntos)
5-Patricio Albacete (51 partidos – 5 puntos)
6-Julio Farías Cabello (15 partidos – 10 puntos)
7-Juan Manuel Leguizamón (42 partidos – 35 puntos)
8-Juan Martín Fernández Lobbe (capitán) (48 partidos – 20 puntos)

9-Martín Landajo (13 partidos – 5 puntos)
10-Juan Martín Hernández (36 partidos – 103 puntos)
11-Horacio Agulla (39 partidos – 20 puntos)
12-Santiago Fernández (23 partidos – 13 puntos)
13-Marcelo Bosch (15 partidos – 11 puntos)
14-Gonzalo Camacho (16 partidos – 25 puntos)
15-Lucas González Amorosino (19 partidos – 20 puntos)

Suplentes:

16-Agustín Creevy (18 partidos)
17-Juan Pablo Orlandi (9 partidos)
18-Leonardo Senatore (13 partidos – 10 puntos)
19-Tomás Leonardi (12 partidos – 10 puntos)
20-Nicolás Vergallo (29 partidos)
21- Nicolás Sánchez (4 partidos – 7 puntos)
22-Juan Imhoff (10 partidos – 45 puntos)

Status
Not open for further replies.